Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my green machine
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:29 am 

Guess I'll start a new thread now because of the hack of the site. This is my gen 3 briggs built car. Working out the bugs of this power plant I installed right after the trade. The Engine pipe and carb came out of Rennie Awanas he. 3 natures recipe car. Been having problems with the Engine loading up really bad going into a left hand turn. Here are a few pics of the car.

Attachments:
IMAG0073.jpg
IMAG0073.jpg [ 38.6 KiB | Viewed 27695 times ]
IMAG0074.jpg
IMAG0074.jpg [ 38.56 KiB | Viewed 27695 times ]
IMAG0074.jpg
IMAG0074.jpg [ 38.56 KiB | Viewed 27695 times ]
IMAG0066.jpg
IMAG0066.jpg [ 33.89 KiB | Viewed 27695 times ]
IMAG0067.jpg
IMAG0067.jpg [ 34.13 KiB | Viewed 27695 times ]

Post subject: Re: my green machine
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am 

Here's a few pics of the Engine that was removed. It was also a 400cc. Topend has a yz490 piston and sleave installed a cr500 head(same bolt pattern as the stock fl350) compression is 174psi HP was estimated at 70-75. My new Engine is 80-85

Attachments:
IMAG0082.jpg
IMAG0082.jpg [ 33.56 KiB | Viewed 27693 times ]
IMAG0084.jpg
IMAG0084.jpg [ 31.1 KiB | Viewed 27693 times ]
IMAG0081.jpg
IMAG0081.jpg [ 31.72 KiB | Viewed 27693 times ]
IMAG0083.jpg
IMAG0083.jpg [ 37.51 KiB | Viewed 27693 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:06 am 

very nice.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:29 am 

Thanks, please add more pics each time you work on it, race it, wash it, any pictures from the former owners would also be nice too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 pm 

No problem. I'll see if I can get some pics of it from its glory days in the mickey Thompson days from Doug.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:31 am 

Update.... now that my vow renewal is over I can get back to my buggy. After the last time out it was better at the end of the day then the beginning. When I got home I found the carb had a clogged return line and filter so I cleaned it and she ripped. Started cleaning her up and noticed the head gasket leaking some coolant up front . So I retorqued the head and heat cycled it and it still leaked. ( ever since I installed this Engine I have smelled a faint coolant smell while she ran). Went out and picked up a new head gasket and installed it and no more leak. But when I fired her up I could still smell coolant. So I took her around the block. Not satisfied with her I pulled the exhaust and found coolant leaking out the exhaust port. I thought WTF!!! Took a closer look and I have a nice 1/8th inch hole in the exhaust port. So I took the Engine out and found a nice amount of oily antifreeze mixed with my regular oil mix coating the inside of the entire Engine. so I think I have found my problem. I have cleaned the entire Engine and have the topend ready to be dropped off at Dans ( guy who built and did the custom fan work to engines originally. We think what happened was when the new sleeve was installed recently it created a few stress cracks. I already had to have one fixed on the outside by the reed cage port. So now he has to remove the outside waterjacket and weld it up from the outside as well as the inside and blend the port again. I'm super happy right now about finding this problem out.

Attachments:
IMAG0315.jpg
IMAG0315.jpg [ 24.99 KiB | Viewed 27601 times ]
File comment: Heres the lowered reinstalled after the clean up.
IMAG0317.jpg
IMAG0317.jpg [ 38.63 KiB | Viewed 27601 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:57 am 

shoubadaba wrote:
Update.... now that my vow renewal is over I can get back to my buggy. After the last time out it was better at the end of the day then the beginning. When I got home I found the carb had a clogged return line and filter so I cleaned it and she ripped. Started cleaning her up and noticed the head gasket leaking some coolant up front . So I retorqued the head and heat cycled it and it still leaked. ( ever since I installed this Engine I have smelled a faint coolant smell while she ran). Went out and picked up a new head gasket and installed it and no more leak. But when I fired her up I could still smell coolant. So I took her around the block. Not satisfied with her I pulled the exhaust and found coolant leaking out the exhaust port. I thought WTF!!! Took a closer look and I have a nice 1/8th inch hole in the exhaust port. So I took the Engine out and found a nice amount of oily antifreeze mixed with my regular oil mix coating the inside of the entire Engine. so I think I have found my problem. I have cleaned the entire Engine and have the topend ready to be dropped off at Dans ( guy who built and did the custom fan work to engines originally. We think what happened was when the new sleeve was installed recently it created a few stress cracks. I already had to have one fixed on the outside by the reed cage port. So now he has to remove the outside waterjacket and weld it up from the outside as well as the inside and blend the port again. I'm super happy right now about finding this problem out.

Glad you found the leak since it has a history of leaking maybe before you install you can bolt the head on and pressurize the coolant loop to 50 psi look for more leaks?

Next ride or race?

Contradictions on the renewal hope their are many more.

Profile E-mail