Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Briggs cars
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:02 pm 

I've been doing searches lately trying to get info on the briggs cars. I want to know how many were made for each generation what power plants and the big one where are they now. And wheres Bob Briggs the builder of the awsone machines. I found out Bob lives in Alta Loma Ca 1 city over from me. He raced the Score Baja 250 on a yamaha dirt bike last year . Does anyone know what happened to all his cars and Briggs built itself.?I know yellowdog racing has 3 of them. I'm just wondering I like history and why thing happened. SInce I'm into stadium racing and have the itch to built a purpose built car and use my pilot just for the dunes I thought I might get some info on these cars.

Attachments:
briggsbuilt.jpg
briggsbuilt.jpg [ 613.96 KiB | Viewed 22474 times ]

Post subject: Re: Briggs cars
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:06 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
I've been doing searches lately trying to get info on the briggs cars. I want to know how many were made for each generation what power plants and the big one where are they now. And wheres Bob Briggs the builder of the awsone machines. I found out Bob lives in Alta Loma Ca 1 city over from me. He raced the Score Baja 250 on a yamaha dirt bike last year . Does anyone know what happened to all his cars and Briggs built itself.?I know yellowdog racing has 3 of them. I'm just wondering I like history and why thing happened. SInce I'm into stadium racing and have the itch to built a purpose built car and use my pilot just for the dunes I thought I might get some info on these cars.

I would go talk to Bob Briggs in person...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:51 pm 

The gen II had the fl350 Engine. Heavily modified, liquid cooled, hand made cylinder and head cooling modifications, turned 13,500rpm. Gen III had the Engine based on a FL 400 following rule changes. The last series he made, had the polaris monoblock 440 twin snowmobile Engine. These cars were a lot bigger than the previous generation and were for a different series all together. Bigger car, faster track, more speed. They were also extremly fragile. The early ones were the strongest but also heavier. Still much lighter than a pilot though. I've talked to Bob Briggs and his build Reny and neither wanted anything to do with these cars anymore. They invested a lot of time and money into a series that didn't return the investment for them.

I have a gen II. The big difference between the II and the III, IV is the rear suspension. Mine has the trailing arms vs the newer gen. a-arms. Mine has been very strong and taken a lot of hits. They did tweak a hair, 1.5 degrees, just enough to rip my CV boots, but never crack and break like the a arm set ups did. Suspension travel increased with each generation. Front a arms were reworked. From what I was told by former racers was the easiest way to beat the briggs car was to bump it and it would break. (suspension wise)

All had rpm trans. Gen II had type 1 cvs, the latest had the 930's.

HRD has a bit of info on them, and he likes to talk about them.

I was told that there were 4 gen IV cars. These were with the polaris sled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). They had a longer wheel base and wider width. Moskito is saying his are gen IV cars. His all had the fl400 based Engine. I don't know for sure cause my name is not Bob Briggs, just relaying info I have been told.

Attachments:
Briggs & EEE 006 (Small).jpg
Briggs & EEE 006 (Small).jpg [ 81.94 KiB | Viewed 22710 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:32 pm 

Thanks for the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:01 pm 

Great info, I would love to have one of those if I could find one anywhere near me. Any idea how many were produced? I have never seen one that is actually for sale, what do the rolling chassis usually go for? A well built stadium lite ranks very high on my want list, I have seen a few cars for sale, but I am not familiar with any of the builders and am not sure which are better built. The briggs and EEE cars seem to be the most common.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:45 pm 

I know someone with a Gen I or a Gen II. Want his e-mail?

Edit- Its a Gen II car, he is located in Arizona. I have his phone number too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:24 am 

Twilight wrote:
I know someone with a Gen I or a Gen II. Want his e-mail?

Edit- Its a Gen II car, he is located in Arizona. I have his phone number too.

Yes! :-)

I'm in AZ now, I'll give him a call!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:53 pm 

Is this the guy in the pheonix area by chance? You can pm me his number please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:31 pm 

Noooo don't snatch my car ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:13 pm 

I ran into a guy about 8 years ago when I had my pro-atv car that had 2 of the briggs cars.here in upland. Him and his son raced them out at havasu. I was visiting my girlfriend at the time and was driving by and saw them in his garage. So I stopped and talked to him for a little bit mostly about racing not his cars. I know where his house is just don't know if hes still their. Hes about 10 min from my house. Should I go knock on his door and see if I can take measurements and pics? I'm just not like that. Hmmmmmmmmmm what do I do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:29 pm 

If you know him I might, I am not that bold usually though, BUT sometimes you have to make things happen. I don't even have the garage space for another toy, but hell I would probally sell something to make a briggs car fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:32 pm 

Just my luck I'm looking to build a replica and 1 would become 4sale and I wont have enough cash to purchase it. Now that would suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:23 pm 

Anyone have any luck with Eric?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:20 pm 

I came close to calling but I know that I have no room for it atm, plus an angry wife who is starting to get tried of me buying a new toy every few weeks. I think I have set the world record for how many atvs will fit in a one car garage.