Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Stadium lite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:05 am 

Way cool who were the Pilot guys?

Give them a link to the site?

Wish I could have been their.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:53 am 

Ask turbo about the pilots. I preach this site every time i get the opportunity. This site has saved me allot of money. Thanks again Hoser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:52 am 

Slickrick you rock star! I come all the way from Texas to race and no one comes out to watch/helkp! You drive across town and peeps come from all over with spare parts and tools???!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:59 am 

hoser wrote:

It's THERE (in this case) NOT their (which is ownership) :shock:

When you Blokes BOOTED out the English.....You really BOOTED out the ENGLISH!!! :-) Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:24 am 

bugeye59 wrote:
hoser wrote:

It's THERE (in this case) NOT their (which is ownership) :shock:

When you Blokes BOOTED out the English.....You really BOOTED out the ENGLISH!!! :-) Image

proffesor baz???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:41 pm 

It's Professor Baz. Pod,Davo! Remain after class! Image
1 f,2 s's Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 am 

Here is an AWESOME VIDEO of the race!!! Featuress good clips of both slickrick and his briggsbuilt and the pilots!!!

http://vimeo.com/20255530

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
Here is an AWESOME VIDEO of the race!!! Featuress good clips of both slickrick and his briggsbuilt and the pilots!!!

http://vimeo.com/20255530" ."..

That looks like alot of fun! The briggs looks great Slickrick!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:06 pm 

OK I just booked a load leaving Monday, going to Las Vegas!!! (I need some stress relief)
And then I will come down to Phoenix and race two days with Whiplash, and then I will book it over to the Firebird track and race the Arizona Short Course/Lucas Oil Race on Sunday afternoon!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
OK I just booked a load leaving Monday, going to Las Vegas!!! (I need some stress relief)
And then I will come down to Phoenix and race two days with Whiplash, and then I will book it over to the Firebird track and race the Arizona Short Course/Lucas Oil Race on Sunday afternoon!!!

Lucky bastard!

I hope you will give all of us that cant attend a full report with pics and video, doing any desert riding this trip while you have all the toys in motion?

Good luck be safe!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:15 am 

Yea I hate my job... LOL I have to take a load out there this time... No toyhauler...
The load goes to Vegas (Henderson) so I will have to come back to PHX area... I won't have time to stop and ride! I have new wheels and tires that I need to get mounted in Phoenix. I had OMF Send them to my buddy Jay's Shop. I found some 489 's at wally world for 1/2 price the other day... 25x8x12

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Lucky bastard!

I hope you will give all of us that cant attend a full report with pics and video, doing any desert riding this trip while you have all the toys in motion?

Good luck be safe!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:10 pm 

Ok, let’s start off by saying Hi to everyone. I am new to this great site thank you Mr. Hoser. First off I would like to say RICK YOU ARE A STAND UP GUY IN MY BOOK, ANY TIME YOU NEED HELP CALL ME. And yes I will bring Doug that guy that everyone loves right? There is a little history there that someone needs to call Rennie. Ha-ha. Rick we all agreed you did a great job of driving for your first time out with a Hangover. Next time I will bring milk for you with your dinner. Also I hope we didn’t bore you with our old war stories. Seeing how you only heard half of them, we knew you needed your sleep that’s why we shut it down at 2AM. You need to remember old guys don’t require a lot of sleep . Hopefully I will have all three of my cars there next race. Two to race, one to sell. And hopefully Doug will bring his two cars also. If we can’t find any drivers for them, the OLD guys will have to race (Doug and I), and let me remind you that rubbing is racing and I would hold off painting that car until you get more seat time. And we are very thankful that you bought Todd’s car because he’s one hell of driver and nearly impossible to beat. Only because he is 20 years younger than us. Great job Rick, lets see if we can get more cars out to the track. I have made some calls already. P.S. When we show up, you are going to learn how to drive in traffic…Thanks PK

Attachments:
DSCI0073.JPG
DSCI0073.JPG [ 2.95 MiB | Viewed 11254 times ]
DSCI0079.JPG
DSCI0079.JPG [ 2.72 MiB | Viewed 11254 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:36 pm 

Good! I won't be the only "old" guy there!

As rick likes to call us the geritol crew!
Welcome aboard!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:08 pm 

peterkay11 wrote:
Ok, let’s start off by saying Hi to everyone. I am new to this great site thank you Mr. Hoser. First off I would like to say RICK YOU ARE A STAND UP GUY IN MY BOOK, ANY TIME YOU NEED HELP CALL ME. And yes I will bring Doug that guy that everyone loves right? There is a little history there that someone needs to call Rennie. Ha-ha. Rick we all agreed you did a great job of driving for your first time out with a Hangover. Next time I will bring milk for you with your dinner. Also I hope we didn’t bore you with our old war stories. Seeing how you only heard half of them, we knew you needed your sleep that’s why we shut it down at 2AM. You need to remember old guys don’t require a lot of sleep . Hopefully I will have all three of my cars there next race. Two to race, one to sell. And hopefully Doug will bring his two cars also. If we can’t find any drivers for them, the OLD guys will have to race (Doug and I), and let me remind you that rubbing is racing and I would hold off painting that car until you get more seat time. And we are very thankful that you bought Todd’s car because he’s one hell of driver and nearly impossible to beat. Only because he is 20 years younger than us. Great job Rick, lets see if we can get more cars out to the track. I have made some calls already. P.S. When we show up, you are going to learn how to drive in traffic…Thanks PK

Hi MR. peterkay11 (their how do you like it lol) welcome to PilotOdyssey.com I wish you would have joined us many years ago I think you will like this like minded group of small buddy addicts hopefully we wont bore you or offend you sometimes this place gets pretty exciting almost kinda like our own reality show at times but in the end we all love each other :-)

A little bird has told me your building or built Pilot engines for your cars care to share the details on these builds with the group? I have dozens of questions for you hehe.

Have you ever considered using one of Calvin Pollet CR500 top ends on your engines I know he has a Pilot Engine and is working on adapter plates so they will be a bolt on deal his current cylinders might not need any adapters for those Pilot engines that already accept the CR500 cylinders. In the early days of this cylinder I heard 100HP and 9000 RPM was the target unsure what they ended up with check it out here http://www.cpindinc.com/pub/view_produc ... 1-9779-144

Thanks for the pictures everybody on this site loves pictures please share all you have if you want you could even email pics and I can setup a place in the PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album http://www.pilotodyssey.com/cpg/index.php for you and upload them for you, so if you have hundreds of pics email them I will fix you up :-) pilot400@mchsi.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:05 am 

Peter welcome to this great site. You old timers sure do know how to party It took me a good week to recover from that hangover, good times. Now you need to convince Doug and Todd to make an appearance on the forum and the track.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:55 pm 

peterkay11 wrote:

welcome to the board Peter,

I would be very interested in racing in one of your stadium lights, would you be interested in renting one? on top of rent I would pay all fuel, tires, maintenance, and for any parts and labor if I crash or break something, I have rode or raced Pilots with allot of members on this board and hope they would vouch for me........... if its something you would be interested in I can PM you my number or Rick (slickrick) could just pass it on to you, hope not to offend you or be to forward and I hope we can work something out.

Jacob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:11 pm 

I can vouch for afastcar! Good guy knows his way around one of these buggies pretty good! Stand up guy!

afastcar wrote:
peterkay11 wrote:

I would be very interested in racing in one of your stadium lights, would you be interested in renting one? on top of rent I would pay all fuel, tires, maintenance, and for any parts and labor if I crash or break something, I have rode or raced Pilots with allot of members on this board and hope they would vouch for me........... if its something you would be interested in I can PM you my number or Rick (slickrick) could just pass it on to you, hope not to offend you or be to forward and I hope we can work something out.

Jacob

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:14 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I can vouch for afastcar! Good guy knows his way around one of these buggies pretty good! Stand up guy!

afastcar wrote:
peterkay11 wrote:

Jacob

He use to race cars too, grew up around auto racing, I would let him race my Pilot, heck if he pays the bill I will drive it out to the races for him and we can ride after :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:38 pm 

Afastcart can drive, yes, just GETTING HIM TO THE DUNES is a challenge! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:17 pm 

Thanks for the kind words guys, know one wants to be riding more than me!!!!!!!! this house has taken way longer than I thought, I would love to go to the dunes but everything needs worked on I would love to race with Turbo and Rick but the pilots or revolt need maintenance and allot of little things to make them legal, so when Peter mentioned drivers and bringing 3 cars I thought I would throw my name out there :-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:08 pm 

Yeah, I am just pulling your chain. Home ownership sucks some times. Endless projects, maintainance, yard work, paint, the list can go on as long as you can imagine. I am in the same boat as far as the racing bit goes, I need quite a bit of stuff to be "race legal," working on window nets through turbotaxes, would need a fire suit, harness, not to mention entry fees, the list goes on. I was contemplating driving out to AZ for some of the races, but it is around 350 miles depending on which track and that is a lot for me to do, heavy fuel cost pulling the toy hauler, diesel is at $4.09/gal here, my truck gets about 10mpg if I drive conservatively (55mph and slow on the hills). It is a high cost for me. But one day I will do it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:20 pm 

wHat kind of diesel you have that only gets 10 mpg?
I'm looking at buying a used diesel to pull the toyhauler with!

nickRNR wrote:
Yeah, I am just pulling your chain. Home ownership sucks some times. Endless projects, maintainance, yard work, paint, the list can go on as long as you can imagine. I am in the same boat as far as the racing bit goes, I need quite a bit of stuff to be "race legal," working on window nets through turbotaxes, would need a fire suit, harness, not to mention entry fees, the list goes on. I was contemplating driving out to AZ for some of the races, but it is around 350 miles depending on which track and that is a lot for me to do, heavy fuel cost pulling the toy hauler, diesel is at $4.09/gal here, my truck gets about 10mpg if I drive conservatively (55mph and slow on the hills). It is a high cost for me. But one day I will do it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:21 pm 

2000 F250 4x4 7.3 Automatic. I pull around 10k-lbs loaded with a tow behind hauler. From my understanding, 5th wheels allow better weight transfer and mileage can be improved, but have never really researched it. I average around 10mpg, but I tow through hills up the cajon pass when going to Dumont. I can squeeze about 11mpg going to Glamis with less hills, but it is a bit farther, to fuel cost is roughly the same for me, going to Dumont or Glamis.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:30 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
wHat kind of diesel you have that only gets 10 mpg?
I'm looking at buying a used diesel to pull the toyhauler with!

nickRNR wrote:

Here is my thoughts on your idea, I would wait to see what the price of diesel does with this middle east thing, back before and during the gulf war 1 I owned a diesel blazer diesel fuel was always cheaper than gas before the war, during and after the war diesel was more than gas their was time during the war where diesel went so high it was more cost effective to drive my gas blazer than the diesel so I parked it and drove the gas, you also have to factor in maintenance and repair cost on the diesel will be at least 2x more than your current gas truck, not sure if insurance cost will go up that much, once you crunch the numbers you might find out 6mpg in current truck is a deal.

Their is nothing cheap about owning a diesel truck or car so many hidden cost and extra maintenance cost, my diesel experience GREAT I bought mine for 2500.00 when it was still worth 6400.00 this was back when a diesel truck or blazer was a joke and they could not give them away, I put over 100k miles on it and probably no more than 500 bux into maintenance and repairs I got real lucky, I have many friends with diesels they bought them when the economy was good and they were the craze and the majority are money pits I doubt I will see many buy a second one time will tell.

If I had a toy hauler like yours and was going to put more than 8k tow miles on it a year I would be buying a used diesel truck but I would not be putting more than 2-3k non towing miles on it a year to keep the value up and to extend its life.

Come on LOTTO I want one of them new Chevy 1 ton 4x4 crew cab dualys with the 760 ft lbs torque :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 pm 

My thoughts exactly. I would love a duramax, I am a Chevy guy at heart, but I picked up the Ford for 7g, it was 4x4, and all that jazz. Maintanance is relatively cheap, the 7.3 is their bullet proof motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), 230,000 miles on it and no issues, doesnt burn oil, oil changes at 6,000 miles, and yes I only use it for desert trips or outings that require the truck. My Jeep is my daily driver, and I absolutely HATE driving it every day. Its a rag top, so it is really loud inside, you have to yell to have any sort of conversation, it is a 4 cylinder 5 speed so it is really gutless, gets terrible mileage for a 4-banger (average around 17mpg), Shoubadaba's 6 cylinder automatic Jeep gets about the same if not better than mine. I am going to fix up the Jeep a bit and get rid of it soon. As far as my truck, I would love to part with it and get a Chevy, but the truck I want I cant afford, so i will keep it for now.