Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stadium lite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:59 pm 

Its official I am now the proud owner of a Briggs built generation 4 car. I want to say thank you to Hoser and anybody else that might have assisted me on my quest to find the ultimate stadium lite. I took delivery on 9-19-10 after it went threw Todd Wittman’s 10 point inspection. Todd is a stand up guy and provided me with 2 pages of detailed information on the car. When I have more time I will post more pics and info.

Attachments:
briggs built 001.JPG
briggs built 001.JPG [ 1.93 MiB | Viewed 21267 times ]
briggs built 002.JPG
briggs built 002.JPG [ 1.92 MiB | Viewed 21267 times ]
briggs built 003.JPG
briggs built 003.JPG [ 1.93 MiB | Viewed 21267 times ]
briggs built 004.JPG
briggs built 004.JPG [ 1.87 MiB | Viewed 21267 times ]
briggs built 005.JPG
briggs built 005.JPG [ 1.88 MiB | Viewed 21267 times ]
briggs built 006.JPG
briggs built 006.JPG [ 1.98 MiB | Viewed 21267 times ]

Post subject: Re: Stadium lite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:13 am 

Very very very very very nice.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:29 am 

Plus one more Very! +1
I like the simplicity in the double adjustability front A arm.
I like the front crash bar as well.Very interesting.
What motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))?
I am so jealous...you lucky duck! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:09 am 

more pics
motor-pilot bottom end cr500 top end

Attachments:
briggs built 007.JPG
briggs built 007.JPG [ 1.93 MiB | Viewed 21254 times ]
briggs built 008.JPG
briggs built 008.JPG [ 1.75 MiB | Viewed 21254 times ]
briggs built 009.JPG
briggs built 009.JPG [ 1.88 MiB | Viewed 21254 times ]
briggs built 010.JPG
briggs built 010.JPG [ 1.98 MiB | Viewed 21254 times ]
briggs built 012.JPG
briggs built 012.JPG [ 1.74 MiB | Viewed 21254 times ]
briggs built 013.JPG
briggs built 013.JPG [ 1.78 MiB | Viewed 21254 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:15 am 

Congratulations I am jealous :shock:

More info the better.

Talk to NickRNR I think his uncle probably did a lot of the welding on that car when it was fabricated?

What gear ratio in the trans?

Race gas only Engine?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:57 am 

Is that your shop in the backround?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:43 pm 

I can give some info. well since i have been looking for this car for a few years now. i told slick about it at our glamis trip and now he owns it. i shed a tear when he sent me pics lol. the trans is rpm with the same ratio as a pilot only 8 of the trannys were made. 6 went into cars 4 regular wheel base cars and 2 went into the 2 long wheel base cars with 2 spares. cant wait to ride with ya rick great job on tracking it down. now i know where to find it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:02 pm 

With more of these cars coming out of the woodwork we will have to get an event together in the middle of the country so that all can attend.
Car looks great. I did find a few pics of yours. Still working on the video footage.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:56 pm 

My hunt for a stadium lite started when I stumbled across Brooks Craigslist ad. Brooks had posted an ad for a KX60 and in the background of his ad was his EEE car. If you haven’t seen pictures of this car you need to it is awesome. I ended up sending Brooks a couple of e-mails asking if would be interested in selling his go-cart. And for the record I had no idea it was Brooks from the forum. When Brooks replied he knew too much. There went the hopes of me getting it for cheap but whatever Brooks is the man. After Brooks declined to sell me his EEE car he tells me that KingKx has a Briggs car that might be for sale. KingKx another stand up guy, was interested in selling his car. Now I’m salivating at the mouth trying to get my hands on a stadium lite. The only question I had was what is something like this worth? So I turned to the internet. Yellow dog racing, race-dezert , minibuggy and of course Hoser great site all had info on these cars but no current value. So I sent out e-mail to anybody and everybody that had posted something on the Biggs built cars. Not knowing if I would ever receive a response because so many of the post were dated 2007. I ended receiving an e-mail from someone on race desert who ended up giving me contact # for some one that had a Biggs built Gen 3 car for sale. Following that lead I made the call and sure enough he had a Gen 3 car for sale. The only problem was he was located in California and I’m in Arizona. I have never seen a Briggs car in person so committing to purchase the car after only seeing pictures was tough. And that’s when it happened, the seller informed me that there was a briggs built owner located in Arizona. Todd Wittman the man him self lived in AZ. And now the hunt for Todd Wittman started. Everyone knows Todd but nobody knows how to get in contact with him. So I sent emails to everybody hoping for success. Hoser to the rescue, Hoser sends me an email that contained Todd phone # the rest is history. Thanks again Hoser for making me the proud new owner of this Briggs built gen 4 car that has been extremely well cared for. And thank you Todd for parting with this amazing machine. Turbo, Rusty, Nick, Brooks, Mark, Jake and the New Mexico crew lets ride.
SUPERLITE INFORMATION

CARB-- MIKUNI SUPER BN 46mm
Rebuild kit MK-BN 38/44 SPR (Get Mikuni brand)
Needle and Seat – 2.5
Pop-off pressure-- 12 psi
Pop-off spring – 80 gram
Uses 2 BN34/107 check valves
Only adjust high and low speed screws 1/8 turn at a time.
Low speed needle should be near 1 ¼ turns out.
High speed needle should be 1/8 to ¼ turns out.

SPARK PLUGS-- NGK B8ES or B9ES Gap .028
Use B9ES for long tracks.
Check and/or replace after every race weekend.

CLUTCH INFO -- Front: 1) Torque front to 75ft/lbs
2) Check torque 3 times after running Engine in pit area.
3) Use Scotch Bright to clean crank end and clutch tapper.
( No oil )
4) Replace front spring when the height is 3 ½” or less.

Rear: 1) Clean bushing after each race weekend, use a rag and
` Scotch Bright. No solvent or oil.
2) Use anti-seize on trans. shaft.
3) Use fish scale to set at 24 lbs.

FUEL MIX-- VP C-12 with Maxima 927 at 32 to 36:1

FRONT CLUTCH SPRING-- Kimpex 278619

DRIVE BELT-- Kimpex 10-222

REEDS-- Honda CR-500 14111-ML3-681
Check and/or replace after every race weekend.

REAR CLUTCH SLIPPERS-- Honda #3 2050-607
Honda #4 2020-615
GEAR BOX LARGE SEAL-- CR 44960

CV’s-- Type 4 with aftermarket cages

RPM AND EXHAUST TEMP
The Engine should rev about 8500 rpm plus or minus 300 rpm.
Exhaust temp is normally 1050 to 1200 degrees.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:59 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Is that your shop in the backround?

No that’s the Wittman racing headquarters. My shop consists of a two car garage.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:23 pm 

Very cool ,how close are you to running it?

Did you get the original suspension pieces I see in those totes in the backround?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:21 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Very cool ,how close are you to running it?

Did you get the original suspension pieces I see in those totes in the backround?

I did recieve four totes that contained a bunch of spare parts including the original suspension. This is a running machine Todd Wittman wanted to make sure everything was inorder before i took delivery. My plans are to take it out on sunday and drive the hell out uf it. Will post pics after

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:16 pm 

How did you make out Rick?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:34 pm 

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 pm 

Well I finally had the time to take it out. I was flying solo so I didn’t get to crazy. This machine is fast and extremely responsive in the corner. After about 10 min of ride time I did a once over and discovered the trans seals were leaking. The parts are on order and should have them installed on Friday if all goes according to plan. Todd was nice enough to volunteer his services. Here are some pics, will try to post video Sunday.

Attachments:
001.JPG
001.JPG [ 1.79 MiB | Viewed 21089 times ]
002.JPG
002.JPG [ 1.8 MiB | Viewed 21089 times ]
003.JPG
003.JPG [ 2.09 MiB | Viewed 21089 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:40 pm 

slickrick wrote:
Well I finally had the time to take it out. I was flying solo so I didn’t get to crazy. This machine is fast and extremely responsive in the corner. After about 10 min of ride time I did a once over and discovered the trans seals were leaking. The parts are on order and should have them installed on Friday if all goes according to plan. Todd was nice enough to volunteer his services. Here are some pics, will try to post video Sunday.

Lucky dog, so you going to race it or just play?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:04 pm 

that bulldog canyon riding spot??? Whiplash has a race this weekend near phx! I might be able to sneak down there and pit for you! I will know more thursday friday when I unload in new mexico!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 pm 

I want to strictly race this car and purchase something else for play.
The pictures were taken at Saguaro Lake another local favorite. After I had everything packed up I fished for a couple hours unsuccessfully. Turbo I will definitely try to make it to the races this weekend do you plan on participating?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 pm 

slickrick wrote:
I want to strictly race this car and purchase something else for play.
The pictures were taken at Saguaro Lake another local favorite. After I had everything packed up I fished for a couple hours unsuccessfully. Turbo I will definitely try to make it to the races this weekend do you plan on participating?

No I am in serious "Work Mode" I have left the Pilot at Home, and you know why! I might not go home till that is strapped to the back of the trailer LOL
I am trying to find a load in the PHX area for next week...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm 

What are you picking up in the Phoenix area?? more toys???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:06 pm 

King Kx wrote:
What are you picking up in the Phoenix area?? more toys???

huh??? :shock: :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:11 am 

I found these...

Attachments:
pace2.jpg
pace2.jpg [ 77.58 KiB | Viewed 8011 times ]
File comment: your car looks as good today as it did way back then!!!
pace10.jpg [86.34 KiB]
Downloaded 299 times
pace8.jpg [60.34 KiB]
Downloaded 304 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:20 pm 

slickrick wrote:
My hunt for a stadium lite started when I stumbled across Brooks Craigslist ad. Brooks had posted an ad for a KX60 and in the background of his ad was his EEE car. If you haven’t seen pictures of this car you need to it is awesome. I ended up sending Brooks a couple of e-mails asking if would be interested in selling his go-cart. And for the record I had no idea it was Brooks from the forum. When Brooks replied he knew too much. There went the hopes of me getting it for cheap but whatever Brooks is the man. After Brooks declined to sell me his EEE car he tells me that KingKx has a Briggs car that might be for sale. KingKx another stand up guy, was interested in selling his car. Now I’m salivating at the mouth trying to get my hands on a stadium lite.

Yea..I knew SlickRick knew too much about it to be a regular guy off the street...him replying to the add (which only saw about 1/2 the buggy) asking if it was "Brigg's Built go-cart". So I had to get in contact with him to steer him to the board and found out he was already a member and my main competition on cheap pilot parts on Craigslist. I met a guy who had some Pilot parts for sale and told me about "the guy that called about 6 times". I had no idea it was Rick when I picked up a tranny and long travel kit. Funny how small of a world we live in.

Great to meet you in person. Let me know when you start to race the Briggs...hopefully I can find a sitter or bring the little one out to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:12 am 

So I finally participated in my first short course race. Let me start off by saying I’m not proud of the way I conducted myself the night before the big race. With that being said, Todd Wittman, Peter Kay and Doug Goodenogh were all in attendance. A little back story on these guys if you don’t already know, they are Stadium Lite veterans and still proud owners of the Briggs Built Gen 3. I know your lurking Peter so please give the guys on the board a history lesson on your Stadium Lite experience. Doug and Peter had made the long trek from California to Arizona to originally participate in the race but there was a change in plans. No cars but still in attendance for that stadium lite support. Thanks again for helping out as much as you guys did, and not black listing me for acting a fool the night before.
The race was scheduled for 2-12-11 and there was an open practice the day before from 4:30-5:30pm. I ended up leaving my house a little late and was unable to practice because I arrived at 6:00pm. Peter, Doug and Todd had arrived well before I did so we sat around and they traded war stories. The next thing I know the alcohol comes out and I don’t remember too much after that. Let’s just say if Nick had been there we would’ve been burning trees and who knows what else. The next morning I wake up around 7:30 in order to register now feeling a little under the weather but the race must go on. After registration I go through tech inspection and was informed that they were going to let the UTV’s practice for about an hour. I get on the track and I’m cruising. Flying through the corners and burning a trail through the whoop section and then bwaaaa its starts to stall and then finally stalls. It’s time to go back to the pit and Peter Kay is waiting with a gas can in hand. Peter fills the car and I’m off getting ready to reenter the track and there’s a caution flag. A UTV had rolled and the driver had been drilled in the head by his battery. (During the roll the driver had lost his helmet and the battery had broken free.) Practice was cut short and the driver of the UTV was air lifted out.
Back at the pit area, awaiting my first race, is it nerves or is it just a hangover I don’t know! But my stomach is twisted in anticipation for the race to start. It’s my first time meeting Peter Kay in person and first time meeting Doug. Todd Wittman sells me this flawless race machine with a lot of wins under his belt. They came all the way out to Arizona to watch the race and I’m just a rookie driver. It’s the first time I’ve ever competed in a race. And now it’s time to line up. They have me racing against 2 SR1 Rhinos and about 5 other UTV’s and two pilots. My heart is pumping as we drive behind the chase truck. And the next thing I know, we’re off, everyone’s fighting for the hole shot and the inside lane and I drop into last place. I’m going around the track chasing rhinos when all of a sudden one rolls in front and startles me and I accidentally knock the car into neutral. The caution flag goes up and we all line up again. Here’s my chance to redeem myself and drive the car like I stole it. And that’s exactly what happens were off again. The heard has been thinned out so I start picking off rhinos and pilot’s and making my way toward the SR1. All of a sudden I spin out on turn two at the speed world track, get clipped by a RZR, and blow my 14 year old tires! Not cool. Track officials hook me up to a suburban and I’m towed back to the pits. At this point I’m a little bummed but at the same time satisfied that I was able to start picking people off. I figured I would go back, chill with the guys and watch the rest of the races but they had other ideas. Peter was nice enough to bring down some smaller, wider tires that were purchased from Kuda’s Hook up. Thanks Kuda you saved my ass. We jack the car up, pull the tires and then I realized I was just getting in their way. I step back and watch the pros in action put the new tires on. Todd is conducting a vehicle inspection and notices a plug on the tranny has fallen off. Peter uses some back yard engineering and plugs the hole with a Gatorade cap and some silicone. The repairs have been made and now Todd’s grooving the tires. Last thing needing to be addressed was the clutch. It needed two more weights due to the tire change. I install the added weights to the pucks without inspecting them. We are underway.
And now ladies and gentleman the main event of the evening, its time. After receiving some advice from the pros and just ready to kick some ass I’m ready to do work. They stage us 15min before the race and my nerves start acting up and then the next thing you know I have to pee, not cool. And before I could go, they tell the racers to start your engines. Here we go, following the chase truck this time I’m ready to take the lead and just stay in front. The flag drops and I hit the gas. I’m on the inside lane into turn 1 and a rhino side swipes me. Mother F’er this was the last thing I needed. I fall back again and the heard thins out. I find my groove and its over for the rhinos and the pilots. I’m inching my way toward these SR1s. Just as I’m about to past my first SR1 there’s an explosion. The power block clutch breaks apart. Apparently the clutch weights had broken out the top side of the puck and destroyed the power block clutch and caused other damages. I’m not sure how many laps were left but I know at least one of those SR1’s would’ve been eating my dust. Damage report will be posted along with pictures hopefully this weekend.
Anyway, I had a blast and couldn’t have done it without the help of Todd Wittman, Peter Kay and the man everyone loves, Doug Goodenough. I’m sure I left a lot of things out so Peter, Doug, Todd feel free to chime in. And before anyone comments on the fact that the car stills says Todd, I wanted to make sure that if I came in last people wouldn’t think it was me. Just playing, I’m just too poor to get it painted but it will be addressed before the next race. Pics can be seen at http://www.photoreflect.com/store/thumb ... ?e=7891569

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:54 am 

Excellent story ,thanks for taking the time to write it!