Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:15 pm 

Does anyone has drawings or measurements of any of the Briggs built stadiumlites? I'm looking to build a stadiumlite along the same lines and somewhat the same design with a few mods here and there but everyone I've been in contact with says theres no plans out there. The only person I know of who built a stadiumlite ( Mosquito) along the lines of a Bob Briggs stadiumlite is Ffab of Yellow Dog Racing and he never had any plans, he did have alot of time next to the machines themselves though! I would like to be able to find someone who could either e-mail me some measurements or even some blueprints would be great! I would even be willing to pay something for them if they were like the cars Renee Awana and Casey Mears drove!! Thanks for any help
Gene Morris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:30 am 

mosquito and K-fab and yellowdog are one in the same... HE DID NOT BUILD one he BOUGHT several and put 4 stroke motors in them...
what part of the world are you in? There was a guy on race dezert who build one freehand but I don't remember who he was...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 am 

you might wanna take a look at his site, Yellow Dog Racing, because Kfab did in fact build the Mosquito (after the Briggs cars) BEFORE he bought 3 cars himself. I have done plenty of research on this matter and I know what I am talking about. I could even give you his real name and address in Milford, Ohio so just because I haven't owned one before or the fact that I haven't been doing this sort of hobby all my life don't think you can talk down to me! I'm not normally a mean person but when people like you come along and try to make themselves seem like something more than what they are that's not right! I thought this sight was to help people with questions not make them feel inadequate, but thanks anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:04 am 

Wow where ldid that come from??
His nicknames or board names are ALL I was refering to!!! He used to go by mosquito!!! If you thought I was talking "down" to you you mis interprided my post!!!

bumpjumper wrote:
you might wanna take a look at his site, Yellow Dog Racing, because Kfab did in fact build the Mosquito (after the Briggs cars) BEFORE he bought 3 cars himself. I have done plenty of research on this matter and I know what I am talking about. I could even give you his real name and address in Milford, Ohio so just because I haven't owned one before or the fact that I haven't been doing this sort of hobby all my life don't think you can talk down to me! I'm not normally a mean person but when people like you come along and try to make themselves seem like something more than what they are that's not right! I thought this sight was to help people with questions not make them feel inadequate, but thanks anyway.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:42 am 

Bumperjumper is correct. He (kfab, mosquito) built his own stadium lite prior to aquiring the briggs cars. It came attatched with a large rubber band to pull it back to camp.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:16 am 

bumpjumper wrote:

Not sure I would want to follow anything moskito suggest, if you reread the whole moskito car project it was a complete failure everything he did was nothing but problems.

Let me summarize it for you, his goal was to build something better than a long travel Honda Pilot because it too was / is far from perfect, he followed the briggsbuilt design, after building the car during testing he had all kinds of problems so he started taking parts off the long travel Pilot and putting them on the moskito car, he had so much problems whit it and so much frustration in the end the car was cut up and parted out, I think he said the parts was used for a long travel golf cart one of his friends was building.

Bottom line was he took a 12k long travel race Pilot and cannibalized it to build a stadium car that never worked.

You have to remember moskito has a unlimited budget, money is no problem, their is no shortage of cash to dump into his projects so if he spends 40k on a project like his first 2 seat car then just parks it and moves onto another project its not a big deal.

If you read his site close just about EVERYTHING he does is a complete failure, his ideas read good but they always end up in failure you have to give him credit the average guy would have hung himself by now after that much frustration.

That being said all his failures and dumb ideas does not mean he is not a helpful and nice guy willing to assist just about anybody if he can you just might want to rethink his advice before applying given his past failure rate.

I know of no plans for a briggsbuilt, I have said it dozens of times if I was going to build a offroad car I would buy a briggs car or make a exact copy, MANY have tried to build better and to date I have not seen anything better why reinvent the wheel, only changes I might make is in the strength protection department those cars were built for groomed tracks so need more for desert riding/racing.

I doubt you will be able to build a briggs type care cheaper than you can buy one.

If your looking for something to race and want to win I would go buy a briggs car.

If your looking for something to ride and 4 stroke its probably going to be cheaper to buy a Redline and make some minor mods than it is to build a briggs type car.

Lots of hidden cost in building a car.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:26 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
His nicknames or board names are ALL I was refering to!!! He used to go by mosquito!!! If you thought I was talking "down" to you you mis interprided my post!!!

bumpjumper wrote:

I was referring to you underlining that he did not build the Mosquito, and yes he did buy 3 Briggs cars it's all on his Yellow Dog Racing Web page. As far as what he has went by on other sites I don't know. I do apologize for being harsh,but in my defense Kfab has been the only one that I have been able to get any real information from and I haven't really visited this site much. So I am willing to swallow my pride and apologize.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:46 am 

bumpjumper wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

bumpjumper wrote:

I was referring to you underlining that he did not build the Mosquito, and yes he did buy 3 Briggs cars it's all on his Yellow Dog Racing Web page. As far as what he has went by on other sites I don't know. I do apologize for being harsh,but in my defense Kfab has been the only one that I have been able to get any real information from and I haven't really visited this site much. So I am willing to swallow my pride and apologize.

If your looking for pictures for ideas here is one my buddy built http://www.pilotodyssey.com/stadium.htm his car was built after the Genesis car http://www.pilotodyssey.com/gen.htm Liewire bought all the jigs and plans for this car he was going to start building them and never did he also bought the plans for the Drakart formula cross and was going to build some, maybe he will sell the plans ?

One for sale viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5557

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4127

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=943&view=next

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 am 

No need to apologize! I have been accused of worse things on the internet! You can't hear my tone of voice when I tyype, and being all old and all I don't know proper internet rules! Those that have met me know I'm not as grouiChy as I appear to be online

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:28 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
No need to apologize! I have been accused of worse things on the internet! You can't hear my tone of voice when I tyype, and being all old and all I don't know proper internet rules! Those that have met me know I'm not as grouiChy as I appear to be online

Yeah I can vouch for that, when I read your replies I hear a cheerful voice and or laughing for the most part.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:31 am 

Lmao I used tro hear voices too!!! Doctor fixed that!!!

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Yeah I can vouch for that, when I read your replies I hear a cheerful voice and or laughing for the most part.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:02 pm 

For what its worth,
I have one of the motors from one of those cars,{rennies}
My buddy has the other 2,..yes he bought the cars in very BAD condition, Beat them down and sold the motors out of them ...and rebuilt them using 4 strokes
I know a guy who is thinking about building a couple rollers.He has 2 briggs cars now and would be a copy of those! { he is a very close friend of Rennie}
I also know another Guy who is thinking about selling one of his briggs cars..A roller! { another friend of Rennie}

Both parties live in southern CA
A briggs car will be very costly to aquire but can be done
as far as plans.....I don't think so...But I can check on it, BUT if he the will draw them up,Im sure there will be a cost!

KUDA

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:56 pm 

KUDA wrote:
For what its worth,
My buddy has the other 2,..yes he bought the cars in very BAD condition, Beat them down and sold the motors out of them ...and rebuilt them using 4 strokes
I know a guy who is thinking about building a couple rollers.He has 2 briggs cars now and would be a copy of those! { he is a very close friend of Rennie}
I also know another Guy who is thinking about selling one of his briggs cars..A roller! { another friend of Rennie}

as far as plans.....I don't think so...But I can check on it, BUT if he the will draw them up,Im sure there will be a cost!

KUDA

All I really would like is either a rolling chasiss or just a frame. Unlike Kfab I have very shallow pockets but here in Nebraska when it snows it sticks around for awhile and I would have plenty of time to fab the car the way I would want. Eventaully I would like to race, I'm basically located in the middle of the U.S. and getting to the tracks wouldn't be a problem. Any help you can give me or get me would be absolutely great! Thanks Kuda and again sorry TurboTexas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:25 pm 

bumpjumper wrote:
KUDA wrote:
For what its worth,

KUDA

All I really would like is either a rolling chasiss or just a frame. Unlike Kfab I have very shallow pockets but here in Nebraska when it snows it sticks around for awhile and I would have plenty of time to fab the car the way I would want. Eventaully I would like to race, I'm basically located in the middle of the U.S. and getting to the tracks wouldn't be a problem. Any help you can give me or get me would be absolutely great! Thanks Kuda and again sorry TurboTexas

Their was a briggs looking home built for sale close to you, you might try to track it down see if she still has it viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1159

She was asking way too much before I don't think she has a clue what its worth in the real world I think she thinks she should get everything it invested into it plus a profit.

Let us know how you make out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:53 am 

hoser wrote:
bumpjumper wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

bumpjumper wrote:

If your looking for pictures for ideas here is one my buddy built http://www.pilotodyssey.com/stadium.htm" .".. his car was built after the Genesis car http://www.pilotodyssey.com/gen.htm" .".. Liewire bought all the jigs and plans for this car he was going to start building them and never did he also bought the plans for the Drakart formula cross and was going to build some, maybe he will sell the plans ?

One for sale viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5557" ."..

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4127" ."..

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=943&view=next" ."..

Hoser do you by chance know how to get ahold of the guy or guys that have those cars? Those are the same Briggs cars that I've been looking for!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:57 am 

Have you looked at the Drakarts? Dennis lives in Lincoln Neb and has LOTS of toys to check out. I live near Cheyenne Wy off I80 about 20 miles from the other end of Neb, what part do you live in?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:51 am 

buy a seat and an Engine and just start building out from these...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:13 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
Have you looked at the Drakarts? Dennis lives in Lincoln Neb and has LOTS of toys to check out. I live near Cheyenne Wy off I80 about 20 miles from the other end of Neb, what part do you live in?

I live about an hour south of Linclon in Falls City but my Mom and Sister live in Laramie .My cousin coaches one of the high school football teams in Cheyenne ( his name is Rusty Horsley) and I'm originally from Sheridan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:53 pm 

Is the briggs cars the only kind you can race? The redlines are raced in I think several off road series, and they are a lot cheaper these days.Some of the guys here race the GNCC series, dunno if that series is out by you-but I am sure you probably have many options out there then here in the East Coast.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:55 pm 

that's pretty funny, your near my family, I am near yours! I have family in Savannah(near St Joseph) and in Nebraska City. I just drove to Firth n picked up some tires over Christmas. Hell, I hunt deer, elk and prarie dogs on the other side of Laramie.

You ever ride the sand dunes near Cowdry colorado? let me know the next time your out my way, let you check out some 350s on my track.

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:22 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
that's pretty funny, your near my family, I am near yours! I have family in Savannah(near St Joseph) and in Nebraska City. I just drove to Firth n picked up some tires over Christmas. Hell, I hunt deer, elk and prarie dogs on the other side of Laramie.

You ever ride the sand dunes near Cowdry colorado? let me know the next time your out my way, let you check out some 350s on my track.

Gary

Sounds good! I don't get out there that often due to work but I'm hoping to make a visit this Summer so I'll look you up!