Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:50 am 

murph4478 wrote:
Nice work Tim...we're gonna make a fabricator out of you yet!!!!!

I guess the next move is a sled Engine?....found another complete sled like the one I used for an absolute steal...probably gonna get it this weekend, if the idiot will call me back!!!!, would be nice to have a spare exactly like the one I have in mine.

I'm gonna try to bust ass on mine to get it done...let me know how long you have left so we can take a ride real soon!

Again, NICE WORK!!!!

Keep bugging him don't let a vintage Engine deal slip by spare parts are always good you don't want to have to make another Engine swap in the future having something that will drop right in is key...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:14 pm 

BUSY day with this machine. Here is where I am at.. Lots of loose nuts here.. missing cotter pins there, but this is pretty much it right here!! Looks AWESOME. THANK YOU Mudbogger.. hopefully to hosers soon to get some of the stuff i cant figure out sorted up. The hood I got from Nelly needs to be modified as I am too short to see over it now with the new ride angle lmao.

Attachments:
done.jpg
done.jpg [ 55.09 KiB | Viewed 1301 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:43 am 

you can lower your ride height in the front with the spring adjuster. The adjuster is for your ride height not spring tension. Most people don't know this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:54 am 

Everything is lined up and tightened down. Ill be heading out to Hosers this weekend to finalize the installation.. :)

Attachments:
DONEish.jpg
DONEish.jpg [ 55.78 KiB | Viewed 1268 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:16 am 

Looks great!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:37 pm 

That does look sweet. A set of the aluminum side panels from pre-machining would look awesome with your hood.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:51 pm 

Fatcat wrote:
That does look sweet. A set of the aluminum side panels from pre-machining would look awesome with your hood.

Yes it sure would! I think the only ones I need are the middle peice... i wonder if he would sell just those separately lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:09 pm 

I'll let you know. I'll email him when I get home. I'd like to get a new set of clamps for mine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:34 am 

Fatcat wrote:
I'll let you know. I'll email him when I get home. I'd like to get a new set of clamps for mine.

I have tons of rubber 1.25" clams like the ones you already have. Mcmaster has all the other sizes, cheap too!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:49 am 

Awesome. There's several different sizes. I'll have to find out the different sizes and pic some up. Mine are all in bad shape

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:59 am 

Fatcat wrote:
Awesome. There's several different sizes. I'll have to find out the different sizes and pic some up. Mine are all in bad shape

I have a bunch you can have if you like. Just let me know which ones you're after and I'll see if I have them. I can bring them to the test and tune or the Cliffs meet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:19 am 

Nelly wrote:
Fatcat wrote:

I have a bunch you can have if you like. Just let me know which ones you're after and I'll see if I have them. I can bring them to the test and tune or the Cliffs meet.

Very cool, I'll try to figure out the sizes. I have that ratchet strap for you as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 pm 

"you can lower your ride height in the front with the spring adjuster. The adjuster is for your ride height not spring tension. Most people don't know this."

More info please.

Thaks Adnoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 pm 

Hoser approved pending some nylon washers and loctite! Did a little test ride at hosers compound today. everything seemed to function decently. only time will tell!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:38 am 

adnoh wrote:
"you can lower your ride height in the front with the spring adjuster. The adjuster is for your ride height not spring tension. Most people don't know this."

More info please.

Thaks Adnoh

We lowered the ride height some by backing off the spring tension the springs are a little strong for his body weight this helped a lot, so how we lower the front even more?

With the front tires off the ground we backed off the adjusters until you could spin the springs, their is no lock nut for the adjuster nuts on the springs shouldn't their be some?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:46 am 

Tpreed wrote:
Hoser approved pending some nylon washers and loctite! Did a little test ride at hosers compound today. everything seemed to function decently. only time will tell!

I didnt approve the steering setup the lawyer links I will never approve that setup because its a really bad and dangerous design, I have said this since the first time I seen photos of the steering setup those "steering hiems" WERE NEVER intended or designed OR SOLD to be used as a linear bearing CALL the supplier where knucklehead buys them I DID and they laughed when I told them what they were being used for, sooner or later that steering is going to lock up on you and probably turn you into a vegetable or injure a by stander or kill you or someone.

You say its locking up when your backing up and turn tight in one direction? imagine that when going forward :-)

Is ok we can drag LIEwire and all the other lawyer link owners who bragged about the design and preached their is no problem into court to sort it all out when the time comes..... their has been plenty of testimony in the past their is 'no problem' let them all put THEIR MONEY where their mouth, ideas, and design is lmao

Bottom line I didnt approve anything I just pointed out what I seen that I felt needed adjusted or changed offered advice on how to keep the fasteners from falling off, looks like you did a pretty good job on the install, well it looks like you installed it, I have no clue if it was installed right I was given no manufacture instructions to reference I assumed everything, I used my training as a maintenance mechanic using rules like "at least 2 threads showing on a bolt and nut" its a industry standard .

I forgot to ask when you were here what size spacers did you need for where the old J arms came off I might have some pipe that will fit?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:09 am 

Here is the "stainless steel" 'lawyer links' that "don't rust because they are stainless steel"

Anybody remember this conversation that was had back when TurboTexas installed his "kit" and his was rusting?

How long before they rust up like Turbotexas did? http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9292

Where the hell is all these "kit" owners today to explain away these problems, where is all those people that were on my old site giving Turbotexas a beating and playing monkey pile attacking him when he was simply asking for help, all these mutts are conveniently hiding on the darkside and are speechless now its known they were liars and stupid, ALL THE YEARS they been back stabbing me for pointing out these problems the day I seen pictures of this "kit" where are these losers today?????? PLEASE come forward and explain yourself and these problems !

Keep in mind your looking at a NEW kit that has never been installed its been setting on the shelf in a box at Mudbogger's garage since new, its been a shop queen kit setting on the shelf and the "stainless steel" links are already RUSTED!!! I can think of at least 5 darkside mutts that owe Turbotexas a BIG apology! Hopefully these same mutts now realize how LIEwire got his nickname.

Need more details everybody really needs to read this thread and all 400 replies "Redoing the after shock a-arm install" http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3267 its a really long read but well worth reading.

Attachments:
DSCN0230.jpg
DSCN0230.jpg [ 51.69 KiB | Viewed 1142 times ]
DSCN0231.jpg
DSCN0231.jpg [ 54.44 KiB | Viewed 1142 times ]
DSCN0232.jpg
DSCN0232.jpg [ 47.05 KiB | Viewed 1142 times ]
DSCN0233.jpg
DSCN0233.jpg [ 61.04 KiB | Viewed 1142 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:19 am 

Another design flaw that Tim figured out by himself was the lower ball joints threads are not long enough to use a cotter key, not sure how this got past the Afterthought design process.

Attachments:
DSCN0234.jpg
DSCN0234.jpg [ 94.71 KiB | Viewed 1141 times ]
DSCN0236.jpg
DSCN0236.jpg [ 85.15 KiB | Viewed 1141 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:26 am 

Tried to get some action pics but I kept pulling the trigger at the wrong time lol

Attachments:
DSCN0257.jpg
DSCN0257.jpg [ 76.39 KiB | Viewed 1140 times ]
DSCN0258.jpg
DSCN0258.jpg [ 90.39 KiB | Viewed 1140 times ]
DSCN0248.jpg
DSCN0248.jpg [ 91.77 KiB | Viewed 1140 times ]
DSCN0252.jpg
DSCN0252.jpg [ 106.44 KiB | Viewed 1140 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:01 am 

Short video

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:15 pm 

Good luck with the kit Tpreed. Smart thinking to the kit for a overview to Hoser as well.
Lube those lawyer links as well or the hiems so they do not lock up on you. I have spares if you need them as mine have been eliminated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:17 pm 

Love the grass track.

Chicago looks like NJ.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:32 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Love the grass track.

Chicago looks like NJ.

Yup all green here like NJ no desert :-) Track is never used any more now the kids are grown up, grandson rides it every once and a while, thinking about getting my buddies Bobcat next spring and removing all the jumps maybe use the dirt for a landscape project.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:31 pm 

Thanks hoser! I'm gonna clarify what i said previously real quick. I didn't mean approved as in you approved in the kit design lol, just approved of my install so Mudbogger can sleep at night. ;)

I'm gonna be finishing up little tasks today
Loctite all around for the bolts that aren't long enough
New nylon lock nuts for the lower heims
Purchase mityvac and bleed brakes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:02 pm 

Tpreed wrote:
Thanks hoser! I'm gonna clarify what i said previously real quick. I didn't mean approved as in you approved in the kit design lol, just approved of my install so Mudbogger can sleep at night. ;)

I'm gonna be finishing up little tasks today
Loctite all around for the bolts that aren't long enough
New nylon lock nuts for the lower heims
Purchase mityvac and bleed brakes.

Correct and I want to make it clear I don't, havent, will never approve this design, if I don't make this really really clear those darkside dumbasses will start advertising "hoser approved" and its NOT its "hoser disapproved"

You going to show tomorrow if so what time?

Profile E-mail