Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:48 pm 

starting to build a pilot, found a straight frame, dug out motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) i had on the shelf. back in the day when i was running these things, we didn't have cool heads. anyone have some performance numbers of how these perform compared to a stock head? i know i'm going to put one on anyway, but would like to know if there is any performance differences.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:47 am 

Go here viewforum.php?f=46 I think about everything written about the Speedchaser head can be found their.

Speedchaser head is a replacement for the no longer available Pro Design cool head and the Duncan cool head. http://www.pilotodyssey.com/duncanheadhtm.htm

I have owned, used and extensively tested all 4 of the mention heads from stock to full modified I am not the type that bought something used it 4 hrs then brags for life about it were talking hundreds of hours thousands of miles at temp ranges from 30 degrees to 90+ degrees, sea level to 6000 feet just about coast to coast border to border riding another words whilst others are talking out their asses I actually did it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:50 pm 

thanks for the links, good info. of the 4, what would you recommend for just reliable performance. what sort of temp ranges have you seen with these heads on a stock motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:17 pm 

I have no data on performance and temperatures if your looking for a line of sales bullshit a mile long like you see with most other products your not going to find them all the reasons to own a cool head were explained in detail in the links I provided.

Its a take it or leave it item, it was designed and produced to cure a few well known common problems that the stock head lacks if your not having any problems with your stock head and are happy with its performance I strongly suggest you don't buy a cool head and you enjoy your stock head.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:17 pm 

i'm not one to buy it because everyone has one or because i saw some fancy ad. i look at performance numbers, and if it produces equal to better performance, is more reliable, or as you said fixes some problems in the stock head, then great but what are those results? has anyone put numbers to it? in fixing one problem, did it create other problems? if no one has, i'll go ahead and do some bench testing and comparison to a stock head, post up some numbers for us of my findings and see if anyone else wants to do the same thing and post their results.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:30 pm 

PilotDriver wrote:
i'm not one to buy it because everyone has one or because i saw some fancy ad. i look at performance numbers, and if it produces equal to better performance, is more reliable, or as you said fixes some problems in the stock head, then great but what are those results? has anyone put numbers to it? in fixing one problem, did it create other problems? if no one has, i'll go ahead and do some bench testing and comparison to a stock head, post up some numbers for us of my findings and see if anyone else wants to do the same thing and post their results.

THEIR ARE NO NUMBERS their is NO DATA!

The results are....... the cool head fixes ALL the problems of the stock head, its that simple.

If your the LEAST BIT SKEPTICAL please keep your stock head!

Trust me nobody on this site is going to feed you a line of shit like your use to eating else where, they play those games on the Darkside!

FYI we don't need your data or your numbers these heads has proved they work since Por-Design made the very first one so take all your bullshit and jackassery some place else!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:47 pm 

WOW

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:51 pm 

OK I'll bite.
What are you looking for as far as results ect.
If you look at the speed head and he stock one you will see a lot of difference. As far as the end result it depends on what you have to start with and a hole bunch of other stuff and by that I mean a lot of Engine peramiters and the intended operating peramiters. The combustion chamber shape, squish design and area as well as area ratio, squish angles and even the blending radius has an effect if on nothing else but rpm then factor in port time numbers crankcase Cr, pipe wave speed intake velocity bore size and more bla bla bla. Heck even plug temp,mix ratio and octane can all play apart in the heads ability to aid in makeing power. Time and time again its been shown that cylinder pressure is not the onlything to consider. Its just a step in one direction. You can have two three four ect. Engine using the same bolt ons for a lack of better words and change the heads pramiters and one will aid in making more power than the rest at a given engines pramiter. Maybe a better example would be dial in the Engine then add a rev delete and retune the clutch to achieve a greater rpm than before. Now the head may not be in tune or designed for that operating parameter and it will cause Engine damage. Now if you go back and lower the rpm back to where ist was then bore the heck out it aka overbore you can also take the head out of pramiters for the orignal rpm in way of change to bore area ratio of the squish band which requires a futhur reduction on rpm or combustion chamber increase and squish area decrease as well a change in CCR. You can quickly see how the design playes apart in squishs velocity. Now factor in the power stroke and the timing in degrres and you can see how it would cause an Engine to over heat and as they say cook off a piston by way of to many degree before the exhaust opens and lets the heat out or another way of saying the piston stayes hotter longer unitil detonation accures leading to preegniition and as "H" says "poof ka Bang" hope I got the quote right.

In no way I'm I bashing anyone here so plese do not take it that way. I'm just tring to say its not a one number fits all. I do belive the speed head is made to work with a varity of combonations and one should measure it up do the math and make sure it will work for his or her own Engine, however its alot of work. Yes I have done the work and yes I have measured it up. Has it help with some pilot engines out there that suffered from a rather bad design or alteration of a stock head, YES. Do I run one NO. Will I ? if the Engine requires it and I can not alter one, that is IF I have one.

I'm no professional in any way however do play around with them and even learend the hard way my self at times. You should be able to look at speeds pics and see the design pramiters to do some of the calculationsand notice the differences between it and the stock.

As far as Engine temps go I think your asking the wrong questions. Shall we define Engine temp first.

Heres some pics to share

Attachments:
File comment: stock
Resize of IMGP7942.JPG
Resize of IMGP7942.JPG [ 120.7 KiB | Viewed 1389 times ]
File comment: speed
Resize of IMGP7951.JPG
Resize of IMGP7951.JPG [ 118.53 KiB | Viewed 1389 times ]
Resize of IMGP7954.JPG
Resize of IMGP7954.JPG [ 78.41 KiB | Viewed 1389 times ]
speed head cross section.jpg
speed head cross section.jpg [ 12.71 KiB | Viewed 1389 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:05 pm 

never mind fellas. hoser, didn't mean to upset. i sent a pm to speedchaser, he'll get me what i need.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:51 pm 

Below is the short story and all most people really need to know about the heads, any more info like "numbers" is 100% total waste of everybody's time, meaningless to 99% that read it, people that would actually understand the meaning of the numbers would not be asking in the first place they would be ordering the head with a blank dome and cutting it to match the Engine they were building....

For the rest of us all you need to know is the following.

Speedchaser head is more ridged than the stock head eliminates the leaking head gasket problem, when the stock head is pushed to the limits stock or modified it flexes enough to allow the head gasket to lose it seal, Cool head shell is ridged enough it eliminates this problem.

Speedchaser head has the combustion chamber centered in the bore Engine builders all desire this design over the offset dome.

Speedchaser head has a replaceable dome so the owner can change the dome as conditions for them change or if the dome is damaged.

Speedchaser head has a dome that was designed to work really well from stock to fully modified with room left for improvements if owners desires.

Speedchaser head tightens up the squish clearance closer to optimum clearance, stock heads the clearance is way too wide and varies quite a bit from head to head.

Speedchaser head the combustion chamber is machined to 49cc I have found stock heads from 52cc to 56cc, stock heads are high production cast so actually vary quite a bit assume this is why Honda had so much squish clearance to allow for variations in the productions castings, 47cc domes and blank domes available.

Speedchaser head and dome designed to be used with the stock head gasket from stock to 82mm bore.

Other thoughts.

When I bought my first cool head (Duncan brand actually made by Pro-design) I cc'd the head and the area of the head that holds the coolant had more coolant volume than the stock head I measured, I am not implying it cools any better than stock just presenting the facts as I found them.

Before switching to the 'cool head' I kept having problems with leaking head gaskets when I pushed my Pilot really hard, 80+ degree day at the dunes ruining the shit out of my Pilot to the point where I felt the throttle response going away meaning I was right on the verge of boiling over, shortly after the head gasket would leak, going to the cool head fixed this problem have not had a head gasket leak since.

If your Pilot Engine over heats the cool head will not fix this over heating problem , the over heating has nothing to do with your head, your Pilot is over heating because of another problem, inspect/service the cooling system.

Had your Engine "hoserized" this head works perfectly with my setup its the same dome design I ran on my full mod Pilot that ran side by site with 4 of the CR500 modified ATV Racing Pilots two of them were the "race gas" CR500 engines, 41mm carb, pipe, clutch, rev limiter bla bla bla, are their better dome designed than this one sure are bring them on, this dome design is used because its been tested from stock to full modified on many Pilots, its safe, it works, its a proven, reliable design.

On a side note I also for a while ran a 47cc dome with my same hoserzed Engine gave a increase in throttle response and acceleration but since nobody else was keeping up with the 49cc dome I didnt bother running the 47cc dome, whats the point.

I did cut one dome for a special version of my hoserized cylinder that was only run for a really short time, this setup is in the vault here at the hoser compound awaiting for someone to produce what they think is a really fast CR500 Engine or another really fast 400 Pilot then I will pull it out and show them what real power feels like, this setup requires race gas even with 93 pump gas its running in slight deto all the time, you run it 1/2 hr pull the dome and the squish band looks like you sand blasted it :shock: polish it up like a mirror reinstall, run 1/2 hr looks sand blasted again, leaves black marks on the pavement 15-18' long :-)

In case others has not figured it out yet PilotDriver = that KTM265 mutt that I ban from this site a while back...... being the loser and dishonest jackass he is he came back like the rest of the Darksiders do with a different name, email address, IP address to continue being a first class mutt, seems he does not like the Darkside and wants to be part of the biggest and BEST Pilot/Odyssey website in the universe.

Attachments:
KTM265 mutt is PilotDriver.jpg
KTM265 mutt is PilotDriver.jpg [ 75.02 KiB | Viewed 1360 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:35 pm 

hoser wrote:
leaves black marks on the pavement 15-18' long :-) .

this i would have to see to believe..sounds like those adds we read about that you hate..if it does leave marks like that you really need to post that shit on here for us to see. would love to have a pic on the garage wall of a 350 or pilot doing a kick ass burn out

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:14 am 

fully wrote:
hoser wrote:
leaves black marks on the pavement 15-18' long :-) .

this i would have to see to believe..sounds like those adds we read about that you hate..if it does leave marks like that you really need to post that shit on here for us to see. would love to have a pic on the garage wall of a 350 or pilot doing a kick ass burn out

My 350 spins the tires on the road by my house on really hot days... it's not gravel either.. well its tar and chip.. ;) and its messy and hard to get off.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:59 pm 

hoser wrote:
In case others has not figured it out yet PilotDriver = that KTM265 mutt that I ban from this site a while back...... being the loser and dishonest jackass he is he came back like the rest of the Darksiders do with a different name, email address, IP address to continue being a first class mutt, seems he does not like the Darkside and wants to be part of the biggest and BEST Pilot/Odyssey website in the universe.

LOL! I love how he talks about himself in this thread: http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10254&start=0

What an assbag!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:13 pm 

Nelly wrote:
hoser wrote:

LOL! I love how he talks about himself in this thread: http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10254&start=0

What an assbag!

Priceless...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:55 am 

what I do not understand is if you are bashing hoser on other sites why do you come back? I read the thread on live wires board and the bashing of hoser is constant why come back here?
Those fellas over on that site as well seem to have their fill of you as well.
Sharing data with all is cool being an assclown is not.
also you could have posted that on Dee Dee Dee board and I am sure adnoh would have replied to you there

Profile E-mail