Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pilot project in Mexico
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:22 pm 

hello, I have little to go to this forum .. I congratulate the creators ...
I'm from Mexico, and I understand very little English language.

not sure if pudding clearly read what I want to say, in order to interact with you, always use the google translator, lol

I have 3 pilots,
One is brand new, and the other 2 are normal use ..

I recently ventured to paint some pieces to one of my pilots, but one thing led to another, and is now totally unarmed, for which I'll show you some photographs.

the help that I want to ask is about the dismantling of some specific parts.

this piece is the one that fits Rear disc brakes, is very rusty and I would like to remove it to paint it.

in some pictures I've seen on the forum, I found it somewhat difficult to understand that removing the axles tracers, and it takes a lot of force to get it ..

maybe someone of you can tell me, how to remove that piece without an easy.

I do not know much about mechanics, and need your knowledge to know whether or not I remove

good friends I hope you can help me, and my translation is understandable. Thanks and here we are.

Alexander

Attachments:
DSC04746.JPG
DSC04746.JPG [ 80.78 KiB | Viewed 1838 times ]
DSC04748.JPG
DSC04748.JPG [ 69.8 KiB | Viewed 1838 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 am 

I would be much more concerned with the condition of that drive belt...
It appears to need replacement..
Regards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:35 pm 

go oddy wrote:
I would be much more concerned with the condition of that drive belt...
It appears to need replacement..
Regards

I will put a new, and I have the spare ... thanks for the comments

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:49 pm 

Welcome to the site and you speak better than some of us here in the states although I think you have a relative in need of laundering money that I get emails from all the time...

viewtopic.php?t=454

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/800reasons.htm

Would like to see more pics and the "new" Pilot and you definitely need to replace that belt.

Pilotman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm 

Pilotman wrote:
Welcome to the site and you speak better than some of us here in the states although I think you have a relative in need of laundering money that I get emails from all the time...

viewtopic.php?t=454" ."..

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/800reasons.htm" ."..

Would like to see more pics and the "new" Pilot and you definitely need to replace that belt.

Pilotman

I really appreciate your help Pilotman
I did not understand was that the mails on money laundering in the family, lol.

the new pilot fografias of the I command you directly to you, or if you could tell me where in the forum could also attach, so that people can see more ...

Today I'll start working on removing this piece, and look who I can make the tool shown in the photographs.

tedre them informed of progress.

CHARMYLORI

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:17 am 

That such a fellow, I am still unable to remove the piece, mainly caresco some tools, but I'm devising to achieve removal.

I also decided to remove the clouch, i was watching some post in the forum clouch, but only found one that gives more horsepower, but nothing to help me know how to remove it.

if you could tell me how to remove the agradecere, will attach some pictures for reference to what I do, and I can tell if I'm right or wrong, in the way of such extractions.

greetings to all

CHARMYLORI

Attachments:
File comment: Now remove the screws, and thought only to pull too hard on clouch would come out, and I could never do ...
DSC04763.JPG
DSC04763.JPG [ 34.39 KiB | Viewed 1740 times ]
File comment: after much trying and failing to remove the clutch, opt for removing the lid, and saw that big nut that sotenia ..

my question is .. If I remove the nut only goes half the clouch, or as I exit completely?

I also thought about hitting with a hammer and a wood by the rear of the clouch in order not to damage the piece ... to see if clouch thereby completely out ..

DSC04775.JPG
DSC04775.JPG [ 63.51 KiB | Viewed 1740 times ]
File comment: As you can see, the Engine I have it completely out
DSC04823.JPG
DSC04823.JPG [ 69.21 KiB | Viewed 1740 times ]
File comment: and also boots off and put the Engine side to start applying a rust remover and softens the piece ...

I will do so for two weeks,
mode, as mentioned in the post that sent me Pilotman

DSC04827.JPG
DSC04827.JPG [ 81.8 KiB | Viewed 1740 times ]
File comment: this is the part that interests me remove, as my goal is to remove the oxide to the base disc brake and then paint it

The challenge will be quite large, as these pieces are way too hard to remove :(

DSC04847.JPG
DSC04847.JPG [ 66.95 KiB | Viewed 1740 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:45 am 

Hello and welcome, what part of Mexico are you from?

You need a puller to take the drive clutch off. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3324&hilit=Pilot+clutch+removal

Do you have a service manual? If not this would be the best tool you can get. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 6999646929

Good luck and take your time parts are hard to come by in the states let alone in Mexico.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:30 pm 

afastcar wrote:
Hello and welcome, what part of Mexico are you from?

You need a puller to take the drive clutch off. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3324&hilit=Pilot+clutch+removal" ."..

Do you have a service manual? If not this would be the best tool you can get. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 6999646929" ."..

Good luck and take your time parts are hard to come by in the states let alone in Mexico.

Thank you very much Afastcar

I'm from Culiacan Sinaloa, the northwestern part of the country, on the Pacific coast.
Here the pilots are very famous and I have some friends who have theirs, but most do not give them proper care, for the reason that you mentioned .. is very difficult to get parts.

in my case, I have some time and searching the internet and gradually found many interesting web pages.
so far, the ones I have helped are service honda and ebay.
I bought on several occasions in these citios, with help from friends who are registered with an address in USA and thus get what I need. But every time, I do it more complicated, as the Dollar to the Peso, this high up.

A neighbor of mine, also cares very much for your Pilot, and when presented with an opportunity, buying new parts, in order to preserve its pilot, new and original. On occasions when going shopping, ami ask me, if I want to order, and leverage to split expenses.

We are also on occasions difficult, for whom we have no say, so we make the purchase, and we send the money from Mexico.

Faced with this challenge I am doing to restore my pilot, eh been very careful not to damage the parts and uh I take lots of pictures to be made aware of where they need to go when you start assembling everything.

I do not know much about mechanics, and this forum helped me in making the decision to do this project. and I do too,
to give this gift to my first child, who was born a few months ago, and I give it, when they know how to handle. I hope it at 4 years or so.

Thus, I will continue bothering this forum, in order to clarify many doubts, I hope do not mind, and I will be attaching more pictures, and I'll show you some while still not disarmed and also I will show, the pilot of the other new I have as immortality thing, LOL

Afastcar, again I thank your help, I read the link you've told me and I understood more, on removing the clouch, now I only have to look for that kind of tool, I hope to have luck with that ... I'd hate to have to reassemble the pilot, is able to restore without these parts .. We continue to report on progress

Greetings to all

CHARMYLORI

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:41 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=522&p=2797#p2797

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:54 am 

My family and I have been going to Mexico all my life I really enjoy it, we are a little way from you about 13hrs, Puerto Penasco, we take the Pilots down and have a blast ride almost anywhere you want.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 am 

afastcar wrote:
My family and I have been going to Mexico all my life I really enjoy it, we are a little way from you about 13hrs, Puerto Penasco, we take the Pilots down and have a blast ride almost anywhere you want.

that either you like Mexico, I too would like a beautiful country, to ecepcion of the politicians, and drug trafficking.
Since starting the drug war in this country, and can not do many things, especially traveling on the road, as you run the risk of being a victim of bullies.

as I mentioned earlier, I have a pilot in Nogales, Arizona, and I've been able to bring city ami, for I fear that on the way over here, I removed the traffickers.
That bring me what I want to put it on sale here,
I wish I could also put on sale there in Nogales, but I have no one to help me, to make that operation
Puerto Peñasco I have not visited yet, but I've walked the coast of Ensenada, and there are many great places to ride in ATV.

Where are you from?

Sinaloa also has very good coasts and mountains for ATV rides, just that these days is dangerous to walk out there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 am 

This is the Pilot I have in Nogales Arizona, I sell it for 6.200 USD. And hear proposals from interested
Here in Mexico I can sell it for a little more, but the problem is I can not get it for me for fear that I stolen

Attachments:
7.jpg
7.jpg [ 79.81 KiB | Viewed 1673 times ]
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 84.52 KiB | Viewed 1673 times ]
File comment: only has this imperfect
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 26.68 KiB | Viewed 1673 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:04 pm 

hoser wrote:
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=522&p=2797#p2797" ."..

Thank you too hoser .. Your support has helped me to see things more clearly, and more to understand the mechanics of the project ..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 am 

CHARMYLORI wrote:
hoser wrote:
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=522&p=2797#p2797" ."..

Thank you too hoser .. Your support has helped me to see things more clearly, and more to understand the mechanics of the project ..

Their was a post showing how to remove the brake disc thing with a home made puller but I cant find it at the moment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:55 pm 

Here is a tool I bought second hand, I didnt build it and have not had a chance to use it but the last time I had to remove the disc hub is was a pain the a$$. Here are some pics

Attachments:
P1030459.JPG
P1030459.JPG [ 24.34 KiB | Viewed 1610 times ]
P1030460.JPG
P1030460.JPG [ 31.76 KiB | Viewed 1610 times ]
P1030461.JPG
P1030461.JPG [ 24.34 KiB | Viewed 1610 times ]
P1030462.JPG
P1030462.JPG [ 23.45 KiB | Viewed 1610 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:24 pm 

stix wrote:
Here is a tool I bought second hand, I didnt build it and have not had a chance to use it but the last time I had to remove the disc hub is was a pain the a$$. Here are some pics

Very good tool, I still I have to improvise with what I have ... I think sometimes to cancel this part of the project, but will try to make some changes, and if do not work, I'll have to leave it at that.

This part has me way too complicated

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:58 am 

That such a fellow, then here I will show the progress of the great battle against my CV.

At first the idea was good screwdriver, only later, there continued to be a good option, and I had to ingeniarmelas with some other household tools.

I have to continuously hit way too hard, and the CV, just upload a few millimeters. but everything suggests that sooner or later silk

I was about to give up this part of the project, but I had the courage to take the challenge altogether, I just hope that the consequences do not exceed, my expectations.

I would appreciate the forum administrators, that if I exceed the limit to attach photographs let me know. thanks

CHARMYLORI

Attachments:
File comment: Here it all started. So you saw my CV, initially
Still did not know what I expected lol

1.jpg
1.jpg [ 67.96 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
File comment: to begin to move the piece, put some wire around it, giving a strong setting, to come up.
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 55.75 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
File comment: After removing the wire, gave me space to put the screwdriver
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 56.05 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
File comment: Here was the part where it was harder, and the CV, would not yield
cost me a lot of work to do to start up

4.jpg
4.jpg [ 89.05 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
File comment: When the CV began to subside, the tool manufactured home, and it was here that things began to improve
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 65.89 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
File comment: When I thought things were fine, broke a part of the housing of the transmicion, was not very serious, I think completely solved when removing the piece, and then I'm going with a good welder
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 67.26 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:15 am 

When the tool home, and was not helpful, I managed to improvise with this type of spider made ​​of wires, simulating a kind of extractor lol

Attachments:
7.JPG
7.JPG [ 81.01 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
8.JPG
8.JPG [ 89.8 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
File comment: try to use this new tool, we just shut up at night and we could not improvise well ...

I keep trying tomorrow, I will tell you what happened, lol

9.JPG
9.JPG [ 97.13 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
10.JPG
10.JPG [ 76.08 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
File comment: only end up very, very shortly ..
wanted to keep trying, but we could not see clearly ..
But so far, the extractor landlord, followed in combat

11.JPG
11.JPG [ 54.92 KiB | Viewed 1543 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:53 pm 

Click on this link to give you an idea of another pulling method. http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.ph ... ght=puller Looks like you learned the hard way not to pry on Transmission, The aluminum is very brittle. It might be easier to leave the Engine in the Pilot or a least install the Engine in the pilot. That way they Engine will not move when you are pulling the stub.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:21 am 

stix wrote:
Click on this link to give you an idea of another pulling method. http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.ph ... ght=puller" .".. Looks like you learned the hard way not to pry on Transmission, The aluminum is very brittle. It might be easier to leave the Engine in the Pilot or a least install the Engine in the pilot. That way they Engine will not move when you are pulling the stub.

Thanks for your comments stix

You are quite right, with that you mention, on leaving the Engine installed in the pilot,

the chassis of the pilot, and we did not have at home, as it was in the process of sanding, then apply the paint.

those pictures they show you soon ..

Returning to the subject.
We complicate too much, because when you start pulling the Engine we moved a lot and we could not apply a force against ...

But acontinuacion will attach a series of photos, to show how we did it at last, and everything went well .. lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 am 

At last I could meet the challenge
With the help of a cousin of mine, and after much thought, we came up with the following method, now I will show in the next photographs
as previously mecione them, my fear was that the pieces vandalize, but everything went very well, and continue forward.

now only remains for me to remove the base disc brake, try to do it today, but have not had success, apparently also give me that piece battle. After attempts to perform I realized that this very, very hard.

I send greetings to all ..

CHARMYLORI

Attachments:
1.JPG
1.JPG [ 54.05 KiB | Viewed 1490 times ]
2.JPG
2.JPG [ 65.53 KiB | Viewed 1490 times ]
3.JPG
3.JPG [ 56.2 KiB | Viewed 1490 times ]
4.JPG
4.JPG [ 59.23 KiB | Viewed 1490 times ]
File comment: forget to mention that also took out the left side cv.
this has gone way too easy, lol

5.JPG
5.JPG [ 61.54 KiB | Viewed 1490 times ]
6.JPG
6.JPG [ 51.69 KiB | Viewed 1490 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:38 am 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 pm 

Those are a pain in the butt to remove. Glad you got it out

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:06 pm 

Muy Bueno ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 pm 

hello friends.
I was away and I had a few setbacks, I had some problems regarding my work and circumstances led me to change cities.

Now I live in Guadalajara Jalisco. and for that reason I stopped my Pilot project, continue with the here and the end of organized.

For now I have a new job, and I hope everything goes well.

I commented that it removed the majority of chassis parts, and also those of the Engine. But I still have to remove the clutch, it seems I have to buy an exhaust I saw advertised on ebay. All this time looking for a tool to help me, but no luck. So I have to buy it

The next time, will attach some pictures, and be able to show progress

I send greetings fellow, and as always, thanks for your help, and we continue to see here.

CHARMYLORI

Profile E-mail