Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:43 pm 

found some from a yamaha that work great. they are the same width but slightly smaller in diameter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:42 am 

Cant wait to see the finished product and excited to read about the build. As always rusty you do some fantastic work at an affordable rate. Oh and pencil me in for some seat time when your done.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 am 

There were some 350's turning 13500 running the msd ignition set up. HRD was one of them as was mine. They did not last long at the rpm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:37 pm 

hoser wrote:
wonder if their is a gear reduction between the crank and the drive clutch?

Yes there is; I believe it gets the peak RPM down to around 8000 at the clutch. Here is a pic I found on ebay:

The Phazer Engine is definitely one of the best engines possible for Pilot sized mini buggies. I wanted to use one in my buggy but funds didn't allow it at the time. If I were to do it again though I would use the Phazer Engine in a heartbeat. Even if a built to the max Pilot or 350 Engine can match it in power, it can't touch it in reliability and lack of finicky issues.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:26 pm 

Are these engines supercharged? I was checking out a newer phazer in person today. It was supercharged. This will be a cool build to watch. I coulnt get my eyes off that display. Will you be using the gauges etc. From the sled or something aftermarket? I'm not sure what I'd do with the sled setup but with some creativity it could turn out really nice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:25 pm 

Fatcat wrote:
Are these engines supercharged? I was checking out a newer phazer in person today. It was supercharged. This will be a cool build to watch. I coulnt get my eyes off that display. Will you be using the gauges etc. From the sled or something aftermarket? I'm not sure what I'd do with the sled setup but with some creativity it could turn out really nice.

these are not supercharged i don't think. superchargers and turbos can be added though. I don't think they would be needed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:41 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
Fatcat wrote:

these are not supercharged i don't think. superchargers and turbos can be added though. I don't think they would be needed.

Loli don't think so either. I thought that was pretty crazy. 80hp should do the trick. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 am 

any updates?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:43 pm 

Yes update: I will no longer be performing the Engine swap and custom fabrication for this project due to triple p being financially unstable at this time. He is back in possesion of his pilot and can update a he sees fit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:32 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
Yes update: I will no longer be performing the Engine swap and custom fabrication for this project due to triple p being financially unstable at this time. He is back in possesion of his pilot and can update a he sees fit.

U STILL GOING TO DROP ONE IN UR BRIGGS CAR?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:40 pm 

B S wrote:
shoubadaba wrote:

U STILL GOING TO DROP ONE IN UR BRIGGS CAR?

If you buy both of his race motors he would.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:52 pm 

So is this project dead?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:03 pm 

No not dead. There was actually some mis communication in the beginning and then later on my wife told me that she wanted hers done as well. Rusty was originally going to buy one of the sleds which is why he had posted up both of his race motors for sale. The project will be back up and going after I get the pilot re powder coated due to scratches and the ball joints needing to be fixed from being melted out in the oven.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:09 pm 

Suggestion: If you are going to re-powder coat, you should have all fab work done first.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:10 pm 

So now that u have the eee are u going to drop a phazer in that? And as nick suggested make sure the fab work is done before u powder coat it lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:47 pm 

My bad just received a text from ppp who unfortunately is not the new owner of the eee