Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:18 pm 

whats the winch for?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:01 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
whats the winch for?

Well it came with winch, not something I would have ever considered if it werent already welded to the frame when I go the odyssey.
I was considering not even remounting it just because it is one heavy little bugger and is only gonna slow me down most of the time.

Occasionally though we do hit the snow and deep mud out there in the mountains around here so having it on there wouldn't hurt in those situations.
It will probably be one of the last things I mount... if I don't mount the winch on the plate I will use it for mounting some fog lights or a little toolbox or something up there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:46 am 

love the foot tub
what is the paint
truck bed liner?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:12 am 

B S wrote:
love the foot tub
what is the paint
truck bed liner?

Yeah its just that Rustoleum truck bed liner.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:37 pm 

Spend all day yesterday just trying to get one of my shifter cables to free up. No luck, I think that piece of plastic that covers the cable is all jammed up inside of the line right in the middle where I can't clear it out so I ordered a set of cables off ebay from oddatv1 in New York. 80 bucks and they will probably take about a week to get here... Anyone else using these "custom made" oddatv1 cables? Are they decent? Better be for $80!

Attachments:
e6d6_12.JPG
e6d6_12.JPG [ 9.4 KiB | Viewed 1671 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:24 pm 

SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
Spend all day yesterday just trying to get one of my shifter cables to free up. No luck, I think that piece of plastic that covers the cable is all jammed up inside of the line right in the middle where I can't clear it out so I ordered a set of cables off ebay from oddatv1 in New York. 80 bucks and they will probably take about a week to get here... Anyone else using these "custom made" oddatv1 cables? Are they decent? Better be for $80!

oddatv1 if you are reading this buddy thank you for being quick with the shipping. I see you shipped it the day after I bought the cables and the package is now en route from New York to Cali, much appreciated!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:32 pm 

What do you guys think of these mount points for the rear suspension limiter straps? A guy posted them for me on the odyssey facebook page. I was considering mounting eyes back there until I saw you could do it just looping the cable around.

Attachments:
odyssey_limiter_straps.jpg
odyssey_limiter_straps.jpg [ 37.61 KiB | Viewed 1642 times ]
odyssey_limiter_straps_outter_mount.jpg
odyssey_limiter_straps_outter_mount.jpg [ 39.47 KiB | Viewed 1642 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:49 pm 

Unless you use multiple clamps, those clamps will not hold that cable and the cable will pull through the clamp.

The only way to know if that is going to work is to actually remove the shock and swing the axle through its normal movement to see if the cable is going to bind.

Remember the cable or strap needs to be long enough for normal suspension travel but yet short enough to keep the axle from swinging out to far when the U joint breaks.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:00 pm 

SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
What do you guys think of these mount points for the rear suspension limiter straps? A guy posted them for me on the odyssey facebook page. I was considering mounting eyes back there until I saw you could do it just looping the cable around.

Test them before the axle breaks and test it for you, disconnect the axle from the trans and see if the cable gets tight before it starts to bend your shock, I doubt the single cable clamp would hold fact is I doubt 5 clamps would hold on plastic coated cable its just going to slip that plastic is a great lubricant.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:20 pm 

She is back on four wheels again. Suspension brakes, controls all mounted back up again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:39 pm 

jason702v wrote:
B S wrote:
love the foot tub
what is the paint
truck bed liner?

X2. If it wasn't an act of god to get them out id copy you and do mine like that

mine looked like shit all sun faded and crap so i did it black bed coating also love the texture of it

currently my odyssey is in a 1000 pieces lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:51 am 

jason702v wrote:
B S wrote:
love the foot tub
what is the paint
truck bed liner?

X2. If it wasn't an act of god to get them out id copy you and do mine like that

LOL its not that bad you just have close your eyes and use the force to blindly wrestle the steering column bolts out from under it.
Going back in is easier.

If you spray the bottom of the tub like I did you might consider a layer of the rubberized undercoating on the bottom to help fill in any cracks or gaps and build up the old plastic.
I didn't do the top with it but I did do the bottom with the rubberized undercoating followed by a coat of the truck bed liner which is a harder protective shell.

Attachments:
RustOleum-Automotive-248657-rw-81834-95435.jpg
RustOleum-Automotive-248657-rw-81834-95435.jpg [ 15.15 KiB | Viewed 1614 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:00 am 

Got my dash all layed out. It is just loosely attached for now so I can cut an auxiliary wiring harness to fit the new gear. I also have a dual 12 volt power outlet that is going underneath on the left.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:52 am 

looking good
are those teh chins leds copppy of the rigids ?/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:45 am 

Those little switches are going to hold dirt/water and eventually fail. That is if you plan to get it dirty or wet. :-)

Looks good ,great pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:44 am 

Looking good - keep up the good work.

I was thinking the same thing about those switches, they need boots.

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 19.56 KiB | Viewed 1598 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:41 pm 

B S wrote:
looking good

The LED spotlights are knock offs from amazon, about 70 bucks a pair.
"Nilight(TM) 2 X 18w 1260lm Cree Spot"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:43 pm 

SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
B S wrote:
looking good

The LED spotlights are knock offs from amazon, about 70 bucks a pair.
"Nilight(TM) 2 X 18w 1260lm Cree Spot"

ok there the same ones i got
they were $62 on ebay

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:44 pm 

rmesser wrote:
Looking good - keep up the good work.

I was thinking the same thing about those switches, they need boots.

Yeap I have some little rubber booties on order thanks for the suggestion though!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:53 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Those little switches are going to hold dirt/water and eventually fail. That is if you plan to get it dirty or wet. :-)

Looks good ,great pictures.

Oh it's gonna get wet, and definitely dirty too LoL
This isnt gonna be no trailer queen. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:23 pm 

After trying a few different metric o-rings I found the o-ring I needed for the rear parking break shaft seal in this kit from harbor freight over at a buddy's house.
Got the back brakes to bleed and build pressure but the front is being a b$%*h

Going to take another shot at it again tonight. I would like to have the brakes and suspension all finished before I start with the electrical and fuel systems.

Attachments:
image_19931.jpg
image_19931.jpg [ 56.49 KiB | Viewed 1723 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:21 pm 

Did you try to use the small carrier clip?

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:52 am 

Randman wrote:
Did you try to use the small carrier clip?

Rand

Sorry Rand I am not following you there. The back is done now, are you talking on the front? what small carrier clip?

I didn't disassemble anything on the front brakes I just unbolted them and then bolted back on then tried to bleed both sides with a vacuum and then by pumping the handle. I pumped that god dayum thing until it felt like my arm was gonna fall off but all I could ever get was a little weep out the front bleeders when I held the handle and opened the valve momentarily.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:52 am 

FINALLY got the front brakes to build pressure and bleed for me.

I saw an old post where randman was talking about flicking the handle instead of longer strokes and elevating the wheels so I put the front end of the oddysey up on a bike stand about 2-3 feet tall- they weren't higher than the master cylinder itself which probably would have been more ideal but I think just raising them in general helped.

After failing to get the air out with a cheapo harbor freight vacuum pump I left the bleed screws off and then came back and tried again.

Tapping the side of the master cylinder trigger all kinds of bubbles to finally release back up into the reservoir which seemed to do the trick along with another half hour of pumping, holding the handle down, and then opening the bleeder.

This pic is what the fluid looked like that I pushed out of the slave cylinders once I finally got enough pressure built.

Attachments:
CAM00365.jpg
CAM00365.jpg [ 44.29 KiB | Viewed 1711 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:27 am 

SomeGuyFromCali wrote:
FINALLY got the front brakes to build pressure and bleed for me.

I saw an old post where randman was talking about flicking the handle instead of longer strokes and elevating the wheels so I put the front end of the oddysey up on a bike stand about 2-3 feet tall- they weren't higher than the master cylinder itself which probably would have been more ideal but I think just raising them in general helped.

After failing to get the air out with a cheapo harbor freight vacuum pump I left the bleed screws off and then came back and tried again.

Tapping the side of the master cylinder trigger all kinds of bubbles to finally release back up into the reservoir which seemed to do the trick along with another half hour of pumping, holding the handle down, and then opening the bleeder.

This pic is what the fluid looked like that I pushed out of the slave cylinders once I finally got enough pressure built.

that color is all too familiar lol

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next