Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FL350 Minor Build
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:25 pm 

Picked it up last Friday

Plans:(Nothing Crazy...)

Dual Air Box
DG Pipe
FMF Silencer
Recover Seat
Fix busted Mirror
Works rear shocks
New Harness / pad
Get the jetting figured out...
New Belt
Rollbar Padding
Wheels/Tires for the sand

Night I picked it up to where I am now:

1st thing I Had to make room...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: FL350 Minor Build
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 pm 

Man that's a clean odyssey. Whatcha doin to that airbox Willis???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:53 pm 

Fatcat wrote:
Man that's a clean odyssey. Whatcha doin to that airbox Willis???

dual air...??? Not a good idea??? The pre-filter material is velcroed on, and the glue is still wet in the picture... Just trying to get as much air as possibe and limit the sand intake. If it doesn't work I will cnange the plan.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:02 pm 

Are you using the outer wear as a prefilter? I'm guessing so now that i look again. I noticed the pre filter thing right after I did mine.... Been thinking about buying some bulk filter foam. Might go another route on it.

Attachments:
File comment: Can see what I did if you zoom in. I've got a stock bottom here and a lid I modified. Might just mount a UNI pod right on top of the airbox.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 72.4 KiB | Viewed 1241 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:05 pm 

^^ Your Odyseey looks awesome! Yeah that is the plan right now.. I will probably clean it up and boarder the pre filter "patches" with something so it doesnt look trashy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:16 pm 

Thanks. Done a couple things since the pic. Found a mint seat(didnt like the wrinkles) and a nice stock bumper. Thanks to randy J and Rmesser I even got a set of NOS bumper boots. Was a LONG hunt for those. The outerwear a is a good idea. I was bit confused is all. Guess I looked too fast.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:22 pm 

Fatcat wrote:
Thanks. Done a couple things since the pic. Found a mint seat(didnt like the wrinkles) and a nice stock bumper. Thanks to randy J and Rmesser I even got a set of NOS bumper boots. Was a LONG hunt for those. The outerwear a is a good idea. I was bit confused is all. Guess I looked too fast.

Thanks. cleaned it up...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:04 pm 

The Odyssey came with 24" tall ITP tires.95% Life left... Would going with a 23" tall front tire sound about right? Also, do I need a 6ply? Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:19 pm 

I read your question wrong. Pretty sure my fronts are 21's. I'd have to look to be sure. If the fronts are 24's and your going to use them make sure under full compression they don't hit your fenders. That'd be a day ruiner.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:02 pm 

Fatcat wrote:
I read your question wrong. Pretty sure my fronts are 21's. I'd have to look to be sure. If the fronts are 24's and your going to use them make sure under full compression they don't hit your fenders. That'd be a day ruiner.

I am sorry yeah I wasn't very clear with my question... I have 24s on the rear now.. There are 21s on the front, but I thought maybe with the tall rears I should switch to a taller front.(Fronts are bald) Would 23s on the front be ok? Are 6ply tires a lot heavier? I don't ride rough trails..(ever)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:00 pm 

trailnablaze wrote:
Fatcat wrote:

I am sorry yeah I wasn't very clear with my question... I have 24s on the rear now.. There are 21s on the front, but I thought maybe with the tall rears I should switch to a taller front.(Fronts are bald) Would 23s on the front be ok? Are 6ply tires a lot heavier? I don't ride rough trails..(ever)

I'm sure the are heavier but not enough to really make a difference. I'd go with 6 ply. Pretty heavy machines and they suck to push with a flat. Lol. I havn't heard of anyone using fronts that big. Definately check for fender clearance before you buy them. If they clear i cant really see a problem with the idea. more fround clearance to. 24" was the stock size for the rears.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 pm 

It's only my opinion but I think pre-filters like that may restricting much of air flow. I prefer not to use any and clean my air box/filter after each ride. Am I wrong?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:28 am 

matttwo wrote:
It's only my opinion but I think pre-filters like that may restricting much of air flow. I prefer not to use any and clean my air box/filter after each ride. Am I wrong?

The Engine will pull in what it needs as long as you give it somewhere to pull it from. I think that will work really good. Might steal his idea and do it on mine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:24 pm 

matttwo wrote:

I cant answer that yet... I do know a lot of guys run filters with the pre filter fabric at the end of the tubes... Can't be more restrictive than that I would think...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:35 pm 

trailnablaze wrote:
matttwo wrote:

I cant answer that yet... I do know a lot of guys run filters with the pre filter fabric at the end of the tubes... Can't be more restrictive than that I would think...

You're right. I think pre-filters can be useful when rinding under really severe dusty conditions, if not, the air filter will do is job: filtering. I've once tried a pre-filter on my air filter, also tried it on my air box and it's simply not the same. Can't talk for other's setup, but mine really needs/like air! At WOT (Wide Open Throttle), full speed, it feels like there's never enough. I know this is all about carb setup vs. air flow: one thing is sure, I won't restrict air flow of mine!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:24 am 

Cleaned up the seat, rejetted the carb, swapped shift lever, secured floor pads, and mounted the airbox. Waiting on pipe, belt, and wheels to arrive today/tomorrow..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:26 am 

Looks really good....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:20 am 

Does the dual air intake and the snorkel mods really work???? I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but hate to mess up the originality if it doesn't make much difference!!!

Attachments:
350fl.jpg
350fl.jpg [ 83.06 KiB | Viewed 1132 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:32 am 

reggiehimel wrote:
Does the dual air intake and the snorkel mods really work???? I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but hate to mess up the originality if it doesn't make much difference!!!

It makes a big difference. Very nice Odyssey.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 am 

Very clean Oddy Reggie!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 am 

Fatcat wrote:
reggiehimel wrote:

The factory setup is a little restrictive. And...more air + more fuel = more power (in general).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:37 am 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
Fatcat wrote:
reggiehimel wrote:

The factory setup is a little restrictive. And...more air + more fuel = more power (in general).

Where did you move off to? We would be one of very few subdivisions in the country that have 85 fl350s! Heading to Silver Lake the weekend of June 7th if you are interested.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:13 am 

Still waiting on parts, but I did manage to have Glass Dr. fix the broken mirror I bought it with! Not bad for $20.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:22 pm 

Finally starting to recieve some parts.. Pipe was a very tight fit for sure..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:13 am 

Got the silencer mounted, and changed the belt out. Not much clearance for the pipe, but there is some air between the roll bar and the silencer so I am not to worried about it. Everything is mounted using rubber spacers:

Profile E-mail