Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Its alive !!!
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:20 am 

dbloudharleys wrote:
More

RIGID?
how many Lumens ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:00 pm 

On the lights, I think it may be china stuff but seems to be ok.
This guys website is okieoffroadlights.com Nice guy name is Chase.
It has the lumens listed. This should help BS

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 pm 

ground the c-1 cam arms to 45.5 instead of the 47 they were at now I will try the purple spring I am starting to like the
102c now. :-) Tried to drill the darned things of course they were hardened I don't know to what Rockwell hardness the cam arms were at
but drill bit chucked up in the old drill press didn't even phase it .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:49 am 

Are you gonna be ready for Erics June ride? I should be no problem.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:50 pm 

I am thinking so whats the date?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:22 pm 

Sorry I have been using all my time to clean out my messy garage now that the snow is gone finally. Mr Keggerator was helping me so didnt want to give any advice with him helping me. lol

I remember something about the N-1/C-1 cam differences but its been too long. I got the spec sheet a long time ago with some cams I got from Ebay. Probably a website you can print it off of like the one where you found the specs on.

The round purple spring is rated the same as the square yellow and I run several of both...I like them but I ride mainly sand and my dirt track. I have several others if you want me to send them to you to try? I remember an orange, green, black, and a red. I don't remember the stall on any of them.

What part of the cam are you talking about drilling? Total weight is only part of the balancing. The lump out on the end, taper and thickness of the cam has or makes a predetermined wieght or belt squeeze at a certain RPM ranges. Depending on your particular setup(Engine build and riding conditions), you may need different cam and spring combos. I have a set of Heelclicker cams. They threaded screws that you stack washers on at different locations on the cam giving differing "squeeze" at different RPMs. They DO NOT work with clutch covers so I have not used them in quite a while. Thinking about putting them in a coverless 102C to use in the Wicked Beastie to take full advange of all that power. So back to the question, what are you drilling on the cam? not real sure if that little bit will make a big difference on a full shift out or lack of squeeze. Did that make any sense...or am I just talking nonsense? lol

Another suggestion on the 102C dust cover hunt...I get mine from Ebay. I search for old sled 102Cs and some still have tyhe covers, usually get the whole thing for $20 or so. Then I tear em down and use em for spare parts n shims, sppiders, sheaves, etc.

Gary

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:31 pm 

dbloudharleys wrote:
I am thinking so whats the date?

Heres the link to the ride. Im going to try to get there Sat nite

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:06 am 

Thanks Nuke em .
I am fixing to buy Olavs clutching handbook.
I was going to drill out the backside of the arms opposite of the roller and just get them to 45.5. then if I didn't like that knida like the heal clickers
tap them and add and remove weight. but I couldent touch them with a drill bit too danged hard. so I ground em between the big weight at top and
where they attach to the clutch with small bolt. so I guess at the middle . I wanted to leave the weight alone. It works pretty good I like the lower engagement that way when I am climbing a freaking dune it will keep engaged . Or better yet I can down shift in the trails without having to gouge it to get through the loose sand . I don't know just some thoughts.
Nuke em do you think I am off base here?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 am 

I like what you are thinking... kind of making your own version of a heel clicker. Those cams are probably a very hardened metal due to the stresses and wear properties.

Heel clickers are very expensive in my book, think I spent almost $300 for the kit. Probably never buy another one.

Great move on the book. I need to get one myself. I have read posted parts of that book. Top notch info!

Keep posting updates, enjoying this thread!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:39 pm 

Exactly ! Nuke em but just like the heel clickers but I just cant see spending that kind of coin. Any drill bit didn't work like I said they are hardened.
Just got in works shocks from tpreed. I sure hope they are worth it.

Profile E-mail