Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Are you kidding me !!!
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:43 pm 

Attachment:
File comment: In pieces .
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 74.61 KiB | Viewed 1008 times ]
Talked to Nuke em, decided problem
Could be my driven on the old fl350 .
So thought I would do a little mantiance
. Or so I thought ! I didn't know where
To post this so here it is.

This is off my ride . I had an extra
Tranny with a stock driven on it
Out of a buggy . So I thought I would
Pull it and use on my ride since I had
To cut the one on my ride off it was stuck
Too . In the pic # 2 and 3 I made a
Clutch holder tool and used and stripped
Threads out of 2 harmonic balancer
Pullers . So fine thought I would make
A hydrolic puller with a bottle jack I had.
Well to no avail its a 4 ton . I made a cradle
For it . It bent my top and bottom plates I used
Quarter inc should have used half inch .
30 years and nobody ever took off
The drivens . Good grief . Looks like
I will not have to do any maintance
I am ordering a comet driven tonight .

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 62.98 KiB | Viewed 1008 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 62.98 KiB | Viewed 1008 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 78.46 KiB | Viewed 1008 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 55.56 KiB | Viewed 1008 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 67.73 KiB | Viewed 1008 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:07 pm 

I have been soaking it for a couple of days with the old pb you can see the can in the pic.
I put some more pb on the top side left it under pressure . For the night . Spent a whole day on this .
Well at least everyone knows this didn't work . I basically made a press that bent my cradle.
lol O well maybe it will make for some good stuff to laugh at . I am not now possibly tomorrow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:19 pm 

dbloudharleys wrote:
I have been soaking it for a couple of days with the old pb you can see the can in the pic.
I put some more pb on the top side left it under pressure . For the night . Spent a whole day on this .
Well at least everyone knows this didn't work . I basically made a press that bent my cradle.
lol O well maybe it will make for some good stuff to laugh at . I am not now possibly tomorrow.

HEAT,PB PENETRATOR AND LOTS OF BEER :-)

mine wasn't that bad had to hit it with some 4 ft breaker bars and about 3 hrs of slow spinning

just make sure you sand the shaft smooth and use some good fresh never seise

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 am 

Oh shit! Sorry to hear that. I guess some are froze on the shaft worse than others. You are not the first or will be the last, but you are the most recent! Gotta smile, don't let it bother you. I destroyed a stock drive clutch once. Made me madder than hell! And made great pics! Lol

BS is right, Emory cloth the shaft clean then antisieze it....lots of beer too! Lol Pretty sure we talked about that. My BV 400 or my Leckich420cc setup broke the tip off of one of the inner helix ramps. I didn't see it til Dumont back in Feb. Still ran good but I need to replace it before riding it. that's one thing I don't have spares of. Fully and Fatcat both are giving me a great deal on some. Thanks guys! Need to replace the broken one and putting another oddy together now also. Did you check evil bay? Post a request in the for sale section???

You said this was off the spare tranny right? Or was the "parts pile" off your riding one? Both are shot?

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:37 pm 

the parts that are cut into pieces first pic are off my ride tranny still in oddy. The one with the jack on it was my
spare for oddy build #2 was just going to salvage the clutch off it. Now I am still a little p.o.ed. I am just going to leave the jack under pressure keep putting pb on it. Just ordered a danged comet. If that doesn't fix it shifting problems next is a big red stick with a fuse up the tail pipe. Just saying. Also when I get a little time I will put some
1/2 reinforcement plates top and bottom. Really didn't want to but I may break out the rose bud on the torch and put a little heat on the center of the clutch where it is opened up.

And yes it will for sure get anti seize. I am going to clean up shaft and polish a bit also I think the reason
these get stuck so easily it the freeking key way, just like and electricmotor . I have fixed a few of those. Just a
little time and a small file . I was sure hoping the jack would work that way if anybody else on the forum need it
they could use it . I know the force that jack is putting on that clutch is crazy and it just wont budge right now.
Trial and error I will get it .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:45 pm 

dbloudharleys wrote:
the parts that are cut into pieces first pic are off my ride tranny still in oddy. The one with the jack on it was my
spare for oddy build #2 was just going to salvage the clutch off it. Now I am still a little p.o.ed. I am just going to leave the jack under pressure keep putting pb on it. Just ordered a danged comet. If that doesn't fix it shifting problems next is a big red stick with a fuse up the tail pipe. Just saying. Also when I get a little time I will put some
1/2 reinforcement plates top and bottom. Really didn't want to but I may break out the rose bud on the torch and put a little heat on the center of the clutch where it is opened up.

Are you running to correct belt?
What are u running for an primary clutch?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:09 pm 

yep belt is right brand new Carlisle . 102c its good also. already went trough it .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:02 pm 

dbloudharleys wrote:
yep belt is right brand new Carlisle . 102c its good also. already went trough it .

are u sure the clutch is made for an fl350?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:11 am 

Yes looked up the numbers on the clutch just to make sure .
Before I did anything else.
I know on the driven I cut off It was in need of some slippers and was going to check some other things when I pulled it off. Just do some maintenance make sure it was in running condition.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:20 pm 

dbloudharleys wrote:
Yes looked up the numbers on the clutch just to make sure .
Before I did anything else.
I know on the driven I cut off It was in need of some slippers and was going to check some other things when I pulled it off. Just do some maintenance make sure it was in running condition.

What was is doing ?
not totally shifting?

I had an problem the slippers were gone and it was grinding

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:58 pm 

You got it BS not totally shifting out . So in about three days I should have my late birthday present. :-)
I wonder what it could be. :shock:

Also I found some 1/2 inch plate going to add to the hydraulic puller , also had a good idea on soaking the driven that is still on the tranny you guys may laugh but I think it will work a little better than just spraying pb on it I am going to
soak the danged thing. :shock: Post more pics a little later.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:24 pm 

Aero Kroil is the best super penetrant on the market. I soak frozen nuts( insert joke here) header bolts etc, go to it the next day. Great stuff.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:37 am 

I hate it when my nuts are frozen . you knew it was going to happen . and youre right I would not want to be the football
in my monkey three ringed circus . lmao cause you know what happens to the football . really laughing now.
what redneck came up with that expression anyhow . That gives me another and I quote " isn't that enough to frost youre balls" my pops when I was about 16 . My jaw hit the shop floor . Didn't hear him drop the f bomb till I was 18 or 19,
believe you me he had plenty other opportunity's to drop that word just never heard him say it . don't think ive heard him say it since. lol

I will check out the aero kroil I wonder if I can get a vat of that stuff.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:47 am 

SURE enough only 1920 usd for 55 gallon drum , think I will just buy a can . lol

Profile E-mail