Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Drakart Repairs
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:44 pm 

That's great news, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:23 pm 

If you have the skills to do it, switching to non plunging axles is the real fix. I never lost an axle on the Tigers and we ran them a lot harder and longer.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:45 pm 

If I knew how to I'd have it done professionally. This crap is annoying and sickening. 3 rides only in a year. It's ridiculous!!!

When it rolls it's getting sold. I can't imagine going through all this bullshit again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:07 pm 

I understand your frustration, I've been there.

If that was built with the Geo, it should have Audi axles, I found them to be better than the Citreon.

If you wan to cure it and make it a lot faster, put the 583 in it, and rework the rear suspension to accommodate one piece axles. Basically, and this is not the total answer, you have to move the rear wheels back a few inches so the axles don't lean forward and relocate the rear arms so the axles are more free to move without binding.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:23 pm 

Drakman wrote:

If that was built with the Geo, it should have Audi axles, I found them to be better than the Citreon.

If you wan to cure it and make it a lot faster, put the 583 in it, and rework the rear suspension to accommodate one piece axles. Basically, and this is not the total answer, you have to move the rear wheels back a few inches so the axles don't lean forward and relocate the rear arms so the axles are more free to move without binding.

There was guy on here that knew an easy/reliable way to do all this (axles and rear links), but he got banned for bragging when he was trying to sell it.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:57 pm 

Here is a fix that I saw at Alain's shop several years ago, it does not eliminate the two piece axles, but it does eliminate the 'forward lean' which is a large part of why they bind and have problems. Basically he lengthened the 'trailing arm' by adding an extension to the front of it.

Attachments:
DSCN2315.JPG
DSCN2315.JPG [ 56.38 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]
DSCN2316.JPG
DSCN2316.JPG [ 71.06 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:47 am 

bullnerd wrote:
Drakman wrote:

There was guy on here that knew an easy/reliable way to do all this (axles and rear links), but he got banned for bragging when he was trying to sell it.

Ban for bragging I doubt that, refresh us with more details please, BTW if he had anything worth buying I am sure a simple search on the internet would provide the links to his great innovations this site is NOT the only place on the planet earth to market a product or service :-)

If I am thinking of the guy your talking about he had conflict with other members here and was basically full of shit, I could be wrong I am wrong often so someone could provide us with the link to his products and service and prove me wrong again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:05 pm 

I don't remember his name but some members got their panties in a bunch because he said his buggy was the best ever or something, I don't remember.

I didn't say anything about great innovations or selling parts or service. He was just regular dude that had a lot of time in his Drak and had fixed what he thought was bad rear suspension geometry.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:10 pm 

I vaguely remember that guy....it was a black drak, right? Formula Cross?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:57 pm 

Didnt Sunblock have a Drakart axle solution viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7018

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:15 pm 

Well nothing from ATVR. So much for that. Back to square one?

Hoser I tried them back when I had the first broken one and one good one. They told me they no longer deal with other custom axles and were sorry but cannot help

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:09 pm 

Hey Brittabrat, You have mail!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:57 pm 

hoser wrote:
bullnerd wrote:
Drakman wrote:

Ban for bragging I doubt that, refresh us with more details please, BTW if he had anything worth buying I am sure a simple search on the internet would provide the links to his great innovations this site is NOT the only place on the planet earth to market a product or service :-)

If I am thinking of the guy your talking about he had conflict with other members here and was basically full of shit, I could be wrong I am wrong often so someone could provide us with the link to his products and service and prove me wrong again.

Was it this guy?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12093&hilit=drakart+one+of+a+kind

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:10 pm 

No

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:57 pm 

Any progress?

Profile E-mail