Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:44 pm 

So this winter my boyfriend and I are going to go through my (technically his, he paid for it, but I ride it more) beaten to hell pilot. Its been rolled, rebuilt, nose dived, ass ended, somersaulted, drowned, but my baby just keeps going. Last year I picked up a Skidoo 583 RAVE with a rebuilt Engine for 300.00, its just been sitting in our garage waiting for the day when it will be cannibalized.

Hoser I read your hurdles on the 440, I have looked at some of the FL350 posts by other members.

-I measured and its obvious I have to lose the gas tank (lame), or is there a way around that?
-Exhaust, guessing custom is the way to go?
-Clutch and belt, do I have to go funky or can I use the stock clutches? The skidoo belt is 1/8th of an inch larger than the pilot belt.
-Pilot radiator big enough?

I can keep using my pilot Engine, its been great to me over the years and after cleaning up the ports and getting a cool head off ebay its been a fun ride. Just seems like it needs a bit more power and with stock parts disappearing left and right... might be my only hope some day?

Another thing is that we have been looking at is the suspension. I saw the "cowboy" pilot pictures and am wondering who set that pilot up or is there any close up photos of what was done? even better is it for sale anywhere, lol?

Maybe im asking too much out of the pilot, I just know my co worker bought the xp900 rzr and that piece of crapola broke when we were in the dunes after one jump that the pilot came out of fine. Its either rework the pilot in its whole, or go through then Drakart and make a single solid axle setup and eliminate the geo-slowmo motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), or just sell the Drakart and Pilot and find a whole new buggy that can handle my abuse?

yup, like my boyfriend just said "or your just a girl that wants too much like all the others.... love ya"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:57 am 

Brittabrat wrote:
So this winter my boyfriend and I are going to go through my (technically his, he paid for it, but I ride it more) beaten to hell pilot. Its been rolled, rebuilt, nose dived, ass ended, somersaulted, drowned, but my baby just keeps going. Last year I picked up a Skidoo 583 RAVE with a rebuilt Engine for 300.00, its just been sitting in our garage waiting for the day when it will be cannibalized.

Hoser I read your hurdles on the 440, I have looked at some of the FL350 posts by other members.

-I measured and its obvious I have to lose the gas tank (lame), or is there a way around that?
-Exhaust, guessing custom is the way to go?
-Clutch and belt, do I have to go funky or can I use the stock clutches? The skidoo belt is 1/8th of an inch larger than the pilot belt.
-Pilot radiator big enough?

I can keep using my pilot Engine, its been great to me over the years and after cleaning up the ports and getting a cool head off ebay its been a fun ride. Just seems like it needs a bit more power and with stock parts disappearing left and right... might be my only hope some day?

Another thing is that we have been looking at is the suspension. I saw the "cowboy" pilot pictures and am wondering who set that pilot up or is there any close up photos of what was done? even better is it for sale anywhere, lol?

Maybe im asking too much out of the pilot, I just know my co worker bought the xp900 rzr and that piece of crapola broke when we were in the dunes after one jump that the pilot came out of fine. Its either rework the pilot in its whole, or go through then Drakart and make a single solid axle setup and eliminate the geo-slowmo motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)), or just sell the Drakart and Pilot and find a whole new buggy that can handle my abuse?

yup, like my boyfriend just said "or your just a girl that wants too much like all the others.... love ya"

Why not buy a farr Engine mount and pipe?

I will find out of the pilot radaitor is big enough for my 537 have rode it for 20 min and it seamed like it was doing great

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:48 pm 

Got the mount already. Contacted him about the pipe and he doesnt have a pilot to make a jig with.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:56 pm 

Brittabrat wrote:
Got the mount already. Contacted him about the pipe and he doesnt have a pilot to make a jig with.

That sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:33 am 

I was the one that built that mount for him. traded for some disk brake parts and I made him a motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mount to copy of my rotax install. nice guy to deal with. I used an arctic cat F7 pipe to mod for my 670 install. it works very well and required minimal mods. not sure how well it would work with a smaller Engine though!

Profile E-mail