Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super ATV POWER STEERING
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:22 pm 

last week I installed my 2nd super atv power steering on one of my long travel pilots, I had not driven the first one I did untill this weekend because of a short I could not figure out. Power steering makes the fun factor jump sky hi with no feedback threw the steering at all no mater what the terrain is or how ruff it is. Soon all my pilots will have this steering system installed. It is a completely different riding experience

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:24 pm 

Dave-Co wrote:
last week I installed my 2nd super atv power steering on one of my long travel pilots, I had not driven the first one I did untill this weekend because of a short I could not figure out. Power steering makes the fun factor jump sky hi with no feedback threw the steering at all no mater what the terrain is or how ruff it is. Soon all my pilots will have this steering system installed. It is a completely different riding experience

photos photos photos
lets see how you installed it :-)

i have the one out of a saturn ion

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:22 pm 

yes pics please

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:28 am 

I finally got some time yesterday and swapped on some stock offset tires/rims on the Wolfskill LT Pilot and took it for a ride around the yard, steering is really heavy with the bump steer kit and steering stabilizer thing I would not want to fight that all day, I think putting some dry lube like the comet clutch lube on the heim joints might help things, no clue if and how the pivot points are lubricated, are they roller bearings or just bushings? Anyway I will reserve judgement until I have finished hoserizing this Pilot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:00 am 

Pics Please!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:46 pm 

I just ordered some of these kits for a project(top secret)in the works, really looking forward to trying it out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:13 am 

Are we going to see pics-vids? Otherwise what's the point of this thread? :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:37 pm 

Can the charging system handle the wattage?
It looks like there is a 170 and 220 watt version.
That's 14 and 18 amps respectively.
Any idea if the if they draw that while In operation? Or only
Under high load?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:23 pm 

Only under high load (assuming it works like all other EPS units).
But high load usually comes from the tire turning the system and it resists.
EPS acts like an interactive steering damper.

Difficult to say if it is ok.
The battery will support the high drain.
Question is will the battery recharge fast enough.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:50 pm 

I use the 220 watt on mine,I have had no issues at all, it makes driving the pilot beyond enjoyable. Soon all 5 of my pilots will have this steering on them including the stock one my daughter drives that will be made longtravel later in the year, I am also putting 1 on Mudbogger's pilot that I am doing long travel on. 4 of these kits are on the way to me now. Ypu don't get the slightest bumpsteer at all, none zero nada, They are on sale from super ATV till tuesday for 519 ea down from 650/ Worth every red cent, fantastic unit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:09 am 

Mudd, you sneaky dog! You need to start a thread on where you go riding. Not many places in or around Joisey.

I don't want to start an argument and I see it advertised on their site too, but adding a power assist to a steering column has nothing to do with "bumpsteer". It may remove the feedback to the drivers hands ,but it cant correct poor suspension geometry.

I'd like to add one to my John Deere lawn tractor though.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:02 am 

bullnerd wrote:
Mudd, you sneaky dog! You need to start a thread on where you go riding. Not many places in or around Joisey.

I don't want to start an argument and I see it advertised on their site too, but adding a power assist to a steering column has nothing to do with "bumpsteer". It may remove the feedback to the drivers hands ,but it cant correct poor suspension geometry.

I need a John Deere tractor! My old Cub Cadet took it last ride the other week and have been thinking of getting a Deere-sorry to hijack the thread.
Yes I indeed have the 2800 Pilot in CA at the Dave-Co compound getting a full LT kit installed from him with this 220 amp power steering kit. I am very interested in its performance in the tight trails specifically and as Lee states the effects it has on the battery/charging system during slower trail riding conditions. Pictures of the kit can't come from me, kind of a long ride :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:23 am 

I can definitely see the advantage of the power steering on some of those rocky ass trails in RAC.

Congrats Mudd.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:30 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

I need a John Deere tractor! My old Cub Cadet took it last ride the other week and have been thinking of getting a Deere-sorry to hijack the thread.
Yes I indeed have the 2800 Pilot in CA at the Dave-Co compound getting a full LT kit installed from him with this 220 amp power steering kit. I am very interested in its performance in the tight trails specifically and as Lee states the effects it has on the battery/charging system during slower trail riding conditions. Pictures of the kit can't come from me, kind of a long ride :-)

Is it going to get the Dave-Co rollcadge like halos?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:20 pm 

Not to my knowledge but if dave wants to i would love it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:06 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Not to my knowledge but if dave wants to i would love it!

That would look bitching

Profile E-mail