Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...


PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png PilotOdyssey.com V2.0   
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:15 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 604
I've had two 350s for many years. This was the first one got when I was 13. Sadly it was the donor for many parts to keep my other one alive. It's been sitting for about 8 years. The Engine was shot, shocks blown, brakes worthless, seat rotten, etc. Well I decided it was time to resurrect her. This is what Ive got so far 617 rotax electric start, and trx450 front suspension. Brand new wheels and tires.


Attachments:
1401422085682.jpg
1401422085682.jpg [ 45.26 KiB | Viewed 1874 times ]
1401422171772.jpg
1401422171772.jpg [ 75.52 KiB | Viewed 1874 times ]
1401422222764.jpg
1401422222764.jpg [ 40.6 KiB | Viewed 1874 times ]
1401422281656.jpg
1401422281656.jpg [ 60.53 KiB | Viewed 1874 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:43 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22128
Location: Chicago
The 617 will increase the fun factor by quite a bit, the project is looking good when you expect to take the first ride?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:49 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 604
Well I'm trying to address every peice individually. Because what I had done before ( when I originally stripped it down and painted the frame) was really crappy. The frame looked good but there was lots of parts that didn't get any attention. I wasn't very happy with the outcome. So this time every nut and bolt and bracket or part will get the attention it needs. So it may take a bit. I keep finding more and more things I want to do with it.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
hoser wrote:
The 617 will increase the fun factor by quite a bit, the project is looking good when you expect to take the first ride?

hense the reason y its going in my odyssey now :-)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: New Jersey
Farr off road kits for you both?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
Mudbogger wrote:
Farr off road kits for you both?

The plate was originally but I cut it shorter like D$* did


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:41 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 604
Yes it's a Farr plate. I got that, the starter bracket and side plate from him.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:09 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 604
I haven't seen any others doing a 617 swap in a 350. Anyone else have one like this? I'm curious how the 617 performs. I am using the stock carbs and pipe. According to skidoo it has about 110 hp. The odometer reads about 1300 miles.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
jknarfal wrote:
I haven't seen any others doing a 617 swap in a 350. Anyone else have one like this? I'm curious how the 617 performs. I am using the stock carbs and pipe. According to skidoo it has about 110 hp. The odometer reads about 1300 miles.

I will in about 3 weeks lol

It won't have stock carbs it will have 38mm watercraft carbs


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:26 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 604
Nice let me know how she goes. What do you have left to do?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
jknarfal wrote:
Nice let me know how she goes. What do you have left to do?

I have a 537 rotax in it now
Its getting pulled for a 617 now
Roommate needs a Engine for his odyssey and I have a bigger Engine so its a win win


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:46 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 604
I haven't ran the 617 yet. When I got it the clutch was missing and the pull starter was broken. I didn't bother messing with it in the sled. I'm eager to her it run.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 am
Posts: 4040
Location: Hope, B.C Canada
Check your frame for cracks. I seen this comment in a previous thread and cut and paste it to word pad document I keep on fl350 to sled conversions. The comment was made about frame cracks appearing after a sled conversion. The comment went like this "I say this because one of my STOCK Odys had same fatigue crack where the bottom cross member is welded to the LHS bot roll cage."
I am not sure which thread I was reading when I cut n paste but I do keeps tabs on this sort of stuff.
Just something to keep in mind. Yes I am keeping tabs on this thread LOL.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:13 am
Posts: 3421
Location: PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Yeah that was me,and with a stock Ody...so imagine what your upfor with a sled conversion???
Do your checks,better still,start gusseting and maybe add some braces.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 am
Posts: 2650
Location: NW Ohio / SE Michigan
Like most Rotax powered Skidoos, the Mach 1's 617 is a great powerplant with tons of power. There are a lot of 90's Machs around here in OH & MI still.

Do some gusseting for sure. Heck, I was planning on some frame beef ups for the 470. A lot more power and torque in these twins, and you'll have it all stripped down and easy to access anyways.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:34 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 604
Actually I have another stock 350 I recently acquired that has guesses added and has a crack as well. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. I haven't had issues with cracking with my first two. But it's obviously a issue I will address. The front suspension was bent the lower suspension beam was pushed back 1/4" making the left front tire sit weird. I cut it and put it back into place. I'm also 6.2 so I have to bend my knees to drive a stock 350. I added about 3" to the front allowing me to lay my legs flat. Much more comfortable


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
jknarfal wrote:
Actually I have another stock 350 I recently acquired that has guesses added and has a crack as well. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. I haven't had issues with cracking with my first two. But it's obviously a issue I will address. The front suspension was bent the lower suspension beam was pushed back 1/4" making the left front tire sit weird. I cut it and put it back into place. I'm also 6.2 so I have to bend my knees to drive a stock 350. I added about 3" to the front allowing me to lay my legs flat. Much more comfortable

Where u located out of?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:45 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 604
I'm about a hour east of Sacramento. I've been around fl350s all my life. My dad, uncle, and grandfather bought them new in 85. I have two stock 350s and this one I'm doing the swap in.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
jknarfal wrote:
I'm about a hour east of Sacramento. I've been around fl350s all my life. My dad, uncle, and grandfather bought them new in 85. I have two stock 350s and this one I'm doing the swap in.

What town?
I'm in Chico I'm current at hangtown watching the race


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:31 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 604
Nice I'm originally from Plymouth where they actually started hangtown. I grew up riding out in the old sand plant.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:56 pm
Posts: 356
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
B S wrote:
jknarfal wrote:
I'm about a hour east of Sacramento. I've been around fl350s all my life. My dad, uncle, and grandfather bought them new in 85. I have two stock 350s and this one I'm doing the swap in.

What town?
I'm in Chico I'm current at hangtown watching the race



Hangtown, you punk :-) When are you guys coming down to get the oddy?


-J


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
PilotLoG0403 wrote:
B S wrote:
jknarfal wrote:
I'm about a hour east of Sacramento. I've been around fl350s all my life. My dad, uncle, and grandfather bought them new in 85. I have two stock 350s and this one I'm doing the swap in.

What town?
I'm in Chico I'm current at hangtown watching the race



Hangtown, you punk :-) When are you guys coming down to get the oddy?


-J

you should check your voxers


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:56 pm
Posts: 356
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
B S wrote:
PilotLoG0403 wrote:
B S wrote:
jknarfal wrote:
I'm about a hour east of Sacramento. I've been around fl350s all my life. My dad, uncle, and grandfather bought them new in 85. I have two stock 350s and this one I'm doing the swap in.

What town?
I'm in Chico I'm current at hangtown watching the race



Hangtown, you punk :-) When are you guys coming down to get the oddy?


-J

you should check your voxers


Damn thing hasn't been workin


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
PilotLoG0403 wrote:
B S wrote:
PilotLoG0403 wrote:
B S wrote:
jknarfal wrote:
I'm about a hour east of Sacramento. I've been around fl350s all my life. My dad, uncle, and grandfather bought them new in 85. I have two stock 350s and this one I'm doing the swap in.

What town?
I'm in Chico I'm current at hangtown watching the race



Hangtown, you punk :-) When are you guys coming down to get the oddy?


-J

you should check your voxers


Damn thing hasn't been workin

pm me ur cell # i lost it


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:23 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 604
This is that frame gusset on my stock 350 that I mentioned. Someone had added them before I got it. The 617 ill just use tubing there instead of the plate there's definitely stress there. If you look closely you'll see even with the gusset it still cracked.


Attachments:
1402190208287.jpg
1402190208287.jpg [ 61.77 KiB | Viewed 1673 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: badbob66, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], daddyrat, DarkAngel, DC, dipnadactyl, FloridaEdd, go oddy, Google [Bot], hoser, jknarfal, John l, methodical, MPDano, njwiseguy64, Pilot bird, Q, rarerat, Superlite_Don, ValleyFR, Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group