Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:46 pm 

Wow big job . Hope ya like it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:25 pm 

looks good, now go out and get it dirty!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:28 pm 

or sell it......viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14927

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:29 am 

Yep . It's going away.
I restored it for an old friend.
He needs the money more than he needs the FL. And I have way to many toys now.....
It's a damn shame that these went out of production so fast. They are very cool little machines.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:58 am 

7500.00 asking price still?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:29 am 

Yep. That's for both, the restored one and a Basket case.....
I'm open to offers though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:08 pm 

Spray painted the Engine with aluminum paint?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:21 am 

sure looks like it - unless those are aluminum gaskets.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:55 am 

yep . I hate stains on raw aluminum. I'v also found that it makes it much easier to trace leaks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:44 pm 

Box car you make me laugh. If you have a sense of humor Please laugh with me. Come on board members you have just got to be seeing what I see. You may want to change a few things before you pass that pilot one to another and he get drilled from others. If cold ones were involved I understand as I make mistakes as well. Any one remember the boot clamp and retained clip. I suggest you go through the book section by section since it looks nice you might as well go all the way and make it look factory on the assembly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:45 pm 

The cable over the belt guard was something I thought about, as well as the rusty clamps on the carb.I see several other items that a potential buyer might ask some questions about I agree with Adnoh.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:49 am 

The boot clamp is there. Don't know why it doesn't show up in the pic....
The rusty clamp? Ya got me . And you are right I'll replace it. Next Time i'm by the Honda shop.
And that DAMN WIRE over the guard.... For the life of me , I couldn't figure out where it routs....
Good eyes guys.
God knows this damn thing took me 2 or 3 times as long to assemble as one of you could have .
Thanks for the advice .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:55 pm 

Hello Boxcar, First I would like to say thank you for restoring the pilot. If you would like I would like to offer a helping hand to tweak it a little back to the stock look.

If you have a book go to 12-8 and look at the break down then look at what you did. Also look at pic 2 on 12-9.
Then go to 13-10 and 13-11 pic 1 and do the same.
As far as the boot clamp yes I see it however go to 4-7 pic 1 and 4-8 pic 4.

You should see what most of us see.

Next would be the cable just what cable is it and where does it go to and from. Then I will give you a page number if it is in the book. The cable routing is on 16-0, system diagram.

Then if you like I and other can comment more. In no way am I being critical so please do not take that way. Heck I and other see issues with my own machines. The board is here to help you and others like my self to have fun and share our passion with others.

Adnoh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:50 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Hello Boxcar, First I would like to say thank you for restoring the pilot. If you would like I would like to offer a helping hand to tweak it a little back to the stock look.

If you have a book go to 12-8 and look at the break down then look at what you did. Also look at pic 2 on 12-9.
Then go to 13-10 and 13-11 pic 1 and do the same.
As far as the boot clamp yes I see it however go to 4-7 pic 1 and 4-8 pic 4.

You should see what most of us see.

Next would be the cable just what cable is it and where does it go to and from. Then I will give you a page number if it is in the book. The cable routing is on 16-0, system diagram.

Then if you like I and other can comment more. In no way am I being critical so please do not take that way. Heck I and other see issues with my own machines. The board is here to help you and others like my self to have fun and share our passion with others.

Adnoh.

Me sentiments as well, I ALWAYS appreciate restoration of these machines, please keep up the good work sir!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:00 pm 

Yea.... The shocks do seem to be upside down. Silly me........ Thanks for pointing that out.
As to the cable . The on line book is all I have to go on , and the pics are not much help.
I guess I'm not seeing the issue on the carb , 4-7 pic #1 and 4-7 pic#4 ? The pics just don't have any detail . Very dark.
I will be by the shop this weekend ( EGR delete On my Kids Power stroke ) I hate 6.0 Fords....
And will ID that cable so that you guys can HELP.
Thanks for all the help so far, God knows I need it........

Profile E-mail