Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...


PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png PilotOdyssey.com V2.0   
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:42 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
Just scored this lil 91 ct70. It's sat for up to 10 years. A little gas and two kicks she was running. Just put a seat cover on it and a new kick starter. It's street legal. So after I get the paperwork sorted out ill be cruising her around town.


Attachments:
1433346094902.jpg
1433346094902.jpg [ 66.2 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:13 am
Posts: 3423
Location: PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
jknarfal wrote:
. A little gas and two kicks she was running.


That's a good way to get ya missus Image to fetch the beer! Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:49 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
Hmmmm a brewery did just open up right down the road


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 am
Posts: 2657
Location: NW Ohio / SE Michigan
On your way to Aspen??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkefjCES-4


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:37 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
Ah California....


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
jknarfal wrote:
Just scored this lil 91 ct70. It's sat for up to 10 years. A little gas and two kicks she was running. Just put a seat cover on it and a new kick starter. It's street legal. So after I get the paperwork sorted out ill be cruising her around town.



did you buy it outta orland from a guy named mike?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:06 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
Nope its been sitting in the shop at my work ever since I started. I was told the boss would never sell it. I talked to my bosses brother who it actually belonged to. I've been helping him reassemble his Polaris quad so he gave it to me. My daughter is getting big for her xr50. I thought it would be a fun toy to have around.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
jknarfal wrote:
Nope its been sitting in the shop at my work ever since I started. I was told the boss would never sell it. I talked to my bosses brother who it actually belonged to. I've been helping him reassemble his Polaris quad so he gave it to me. My daughter is getting big for her xr50. I thought it would be a fun toy to have around.

well you better make it street legal

and put in a big bore :-)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:52 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
That's the plan. You get your pilot finished?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:39 am
Posts: 3177
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
I had the 50cc back in 1982, man we used to thrash the hell outta that little honda mini bike and it just wouldn't die, great mini bikes


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:30 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
Yea its defiantly a tough little bike. Very agile. And parts are cheap. Starts first kick no choke every time.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22133
Location: Chicago
jknarfal wrote:
Yea its defiantly a tough little bike. Very agile. And parts are cheap. Starts first kick no choke every time.



Big bore kit in its future?

Congratulations on the score.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
hoser wrote:
jknarfal wrote:
Yea its defiantly a tough little bike. Very agile. And parts are cheap. Starts first kick no choke every time.



Big bore kit in its future?

Congratulations on the score.


for what it costs to do a good big bore with the head

you can buy another Engine for that

you should get a piranha 150 4 speed i have one and beat the shit outta it there a good Engine

or you can get the 140 auto


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22133
Location: Chicago
B S wrote:
hoser wrote:
jknarfal wrote:
Yea its defiantly a tough little bike. Very agile. And parts are cheap. Starts first kick no choke every time.



Big bore kit in its future?

Congratulations on the score.


for what it costs to do a good big bore with the head

you can buy another Engine for that

you should get a piranha 150 4 speed i have one and beat the shit outta it there a good Engine

or you can get the 140 auto



that's a better idea and preserve the OEM Engine for the future.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:09 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
Yea I've been looking at the lifan 140 4speed manual clutch Engine. There about $500 bucks. I've read good things about them. They'll get speeds up to 65 with that swap. I have to finish my LT350 before I can spend that kinda cash on something like this.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: CHICO,CA
jknarfal wrote:
Yea I've been looking at the lifan 140 4speed manual clutch Engine. There about $500 bucks. I've read good things about them. They'll get speeds up to 65 with that swap. I have to finish my LT350 before I can spend that kinda cash on something like this.

still in the works of putting a turbo and EFI in my atc70


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
So I never had any paperwork on this lil bike. A guy came in the shop a few weeks back who used to work here. He had mentioned this bike. I told him I had ended up with it. He went on to tell me that it once was his and that he had the title for it and would bring it to me. I was sceptical of corse. But last week he showed up with it! He was happy to get it out of his name. It's been on a non-opp for quite a while. This got me motivated. I ordered some parts for it so I can get her road legal again. I'll have to start setting some cash aside for the new Engine.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 am
Posts: 4400
Location: Hope, B.C Canada
jknarfal wrote:
So I never had any paperwork on this lil bike. A guy came in the shop a few weeks back who used to work here. He had mentioned this bike. I told him I had ended up with it. He went on to tell me that it once was his and that he had the title for it and would bring it to me. I was sceptical of corse. But last week he showed up with it! He was happy to get it out of his name. It's been on a non-opp for quite a while. This got me motivated. I ordered some parts for it so I can get her road legal again. I'll have to start setting some cash aside for the new Engine.


New Engine :shock: ??
You said a little gas and two kicks and it was running.
You almost sound like a craiglist seller :-)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:01 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
I want enough power to pull the hills around here. And not be that guy holding up traffic. I'm looking at the Daytona anima 190.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:53 am
Posts: 760
Location: Norco, CA
I've got a GSXR750 Engine for you to shoe horn in :-)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 am
Posts: 4400
Location: Hope, B.C Canada
Turbo with Avgas ??


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:20 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
The Daytona is a direct replacement. Bolt on and go.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:39 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Sacramento
Kuma wrote:
I've got a GSXR750 Engine for you to shoe horn in :-)



I second this one!!! :-) :-) :-)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:05 pm 
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:36 pm
Posts: 277
Location: Wilmington NC
jknarfal wrote:
So I never had any paperwork on this lil bike. A guy came in the shop a few weeks back who used to work here. He had mentioned this bike. I told him I had ended up with it. He went on to tell me that it once was his and that he had the title for it and would bring it to me. I was sceptical of corse. But last week he showed up with it! He was happy to get it out of his name. It's been on a non-opp for quite a while. This got me motivated. I ordered some parts for it so I can get her road legal again. I'll have to start setting some cash aside for the new Engine.


From the latest Hot Rod - some motivation to get your project moving!
Attachment:
HR Mag pic.jpg
HR Mag pic.jpg [ 97.16 KiB | Viewed 42 times ]


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:03 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am
Posts: 635
Damn! That's way more than I want to do. I plan to address the issues, do the Engine swap and ride. Make this not so much of a project.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], DC, dipnadactyl, Google [Bot], jknarfal, Pilot bird, rarerat, rmesser, toby, Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group