Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pilot Pods
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:43 pm 

I am gonna take some heat for this one...lol. I am a stereo guy, and have had great success with Kicker's powersport equipment. It uses your iPhone, iPod, or Bluetooth device as a source unit, draws 50 watts max, and has worked great for my motorcycle, and tractor so far. Gonna give it a go with the Pilot next, you'd be surprised how good they sound. They claim it will work on any Engine with a charging system, riding lawn mowers included...lol. This is just the start of my install so hang tough for updates, the hardest part is figuring where to put the speakers. Here is what I came up with....

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 73.3 KiB | Viewed 1258 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 66.32 KiB | Viewed 1258 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 62.85 KiB | Viewed 1258 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 55.25 KiB | Viewed 1258 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pilot Pods
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:32 pm 

Be interesting to see! My pilot has a sound system as well! :D

Attachments:
tmp_11236-93-form-mach1-rotax-670-500w756070229.jpg
tmp_11236-93-form-mach1-rotax-670-500w756070229.jpg [ 24.11 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:22 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:

Nice! What did you use if I can ask? Pics? I am starting out small and simple, I can add amps as needed later, powersport stuff is really small size wise so a lot easier to fit/hide on a pilot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:59 pm 

Trailblazer wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:

Nice! What did you use if I can ask? Pics? I am starting out small and simple, I can add amps as needed later, powersport stuff is really small size wise so a lot easier to fit/hide on a pilot.

Ha-ha no stero. I just meant my rotax 670 Engine is all the music i need

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:24 pm 

That is a good idea, however isn't the Engine going to be way too loud to hear much of anything. They would come in handy if you wanted some music around camp or at the destination you ride to.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:16 pm 

Trailblazer.

little info on the mirrors. are that stock and painted

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:58 pm 

Pilot bird wrote:
That is a good idea, however isn't the Engine going to be way too loud to hear much of anything. They would come in handy if you wanted some music around camp or at the destination you ride to.

I won't know till I try... My tractor has the same system and I can hear it fine with the diesel screaming 3K rpm, and those speakers do not face right at me. Good point for around camp, unlike the diesel, I can pull start the Pilot if I run the battery low. In my bike, pretty much the same size battery, I can go about an hour on the battery with easy listening and still start the bike. 300w used on the bike. These really don't draw a lot of power, and are really efficient. Here is my install on my.... Tractor! Lol.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 69.33 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 78.05 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:23 pm 

wyeeoddy wrote:
Trailblazer.

little info on the mirrors. are that stock and painted

Mirrors are white and from a universal PWC application, they cost about $25 each. I decided better to break a $25 dollar mirror than a $200 mirror... Lol. I will keep my stock ones safe, just a choice I made. They do Not bolt directly on, but only require being drilled and tapped for a 8x1.25mm stud on the ends. I secured the stud with JB, rubber boots fit not to bad, and they stick out further than the stock mirrors which helps with visibility. Just something I wanted to try, and I am gonna put decals on them to break up the white. Here is a comparison, size wise pretty dang close... Goes with my watercraft theme I guess, boat dash, PWC mirrors, and Paddles...lol.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 41.9 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 34.65 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 60.43 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:31 pm 

Here is a Photo of the Kicker amp and controller for size comparison. Pretty small package. I figured why let the UTV guys have tunes and me go without. I almost have the controller mounted, stay tuned...

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 51.07 KiB | Viewed 1205 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:34 am 

Gotta love fast dry paint... I made a little bracket to mount the controller. 1st attempt at a location so I will try it here where my hands can work it easily when in arm restraints. I had a screw in a boss under my wheel so that's what I used. It pains me to drill holes in things so I always try to use what's there, so it is reversable.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 41.57 KiB | Viewed 1200 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 51.62 KiB | Viewed 1200 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 73.91 KiB | Viewed 1200 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 73.76 KiB | Viewed 1200 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:05 pm 

Wow that's looking nice.Since youve joined on as a member here youve really came up with some good stuff.I had a stereo on mine for a while but ended up taking it off.I was afraid of not being able to hear the Engine in case it wasn't running right or didnt sound right.
This one is pretty much the same as the one I had hooked up on the Pilot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:42 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Wow that's looking nice.Since youve joined on as a member here youve really came up with some good stuff.I had a stereo on mine for a while but ended up taking it off.I was afraid of not being able to hear the Engine in case it wasn't running right or didnt sound right.
This one is pretty much the same as the one I had hooked up on the Pilot.

Thank you Sir! I am having fun, all that matters. hey, at least we think alike on the stereo idea. It's been done before and will be done again, this is just my version... Lol. Stereo can be turned off at anytime, good advice on being able to hear the machine(and others!) It won't be that loud, so you'll know when things are happening around you vs. headphones in a helmet(yes I tried that). I will enjoy it more on "stretch" breaks I think. My only regret is others will have to be subjected to my taste in music... And I will have to answer those "what the hell are those things on your fenders" questions. But it's all in good fun, and helps makes the machine mine...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:55 pm 

Where did you get those universal JetSki mirrors at? Did you buy them on eBay? Do you have a link?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:30 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Where did you get those universal JetSki mirrors at? Did you buy them on eBay? Do you have a link?

I buy everything on EBay... Lol. They come in white or BLACK! I should have done a how to on those, didn't think. If anyone wants to try them I will walk you through what I did, I repeat, These DO NOT directly bolt on, need to modify to fit Pilot(or 350 Oddy). Here is the link to white and black, sold each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cipa-11121-PWC- ... 9e&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cipa-11120-PWC- ... 09&vxp=mtr

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:28 pm 

Trailblazer wrote:
redskinman wrote:

I buy everything on EBay... Lol. They come in white or BLACK! I should have done a how to on those, didn't think. If anyone wants to try them I will walk you through what I did, I repeat, These DO NOT directly bolt on, need to modify to fit Pilot(or 350 Oddy). Here is the link to white and black, sold each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cipa-11121-PWC- ... 9e&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cipa-11120-PWC- ... 09&vxp=mtr

Ok thanks!