Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pilot Gauges
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:58 pm 

I just received my Custom Speedhut Revolution gauges, nice!! These will go in my dash I made, and I had extra ones made in case I do go with the Phazer Engine. Speedometer is GPS which is nice because I don't have to worry about different tire diameters etc. This is just the beginning so stay tuned for the install... TB.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 44.84 KiB | Viewed 938 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 47.8 KiB | Viewed 938 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 61.51 KiB | Viewed 938 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 49.69 KiB | Viewed 938 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pilot Guages
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:39 pm 

Pricey gauges but they look very nice.
Wish the fl350 had a fuel gauge. These guys make a fuel gauge but the sending unit is extra and obviously won't mount in our tanks safely.
If any of us wants to make money I think a fuel gauge for the fl350 or fl400 would be a money maker.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:39 pm 

Get outta town those are nice. Sending units come with?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:06 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
Pricey gauges but they look very nice.
Wish the fl350 had a fuel gauge. These guys make a fuel gauge but the sending unit is extra and obviously won't mount in our tanks safely.
If any of us wants to make money I think a fuel gauge for the fl350 or fl400 would be a money maker.

It's kinda funny this Pilot used to have "Dirt Cheap Racing" on it, it's anything but cheap now I own it...lol. Speedhut sells custom length fuel level sensors, the long one I ordered to try in the stock Pilot tank, the short one I had made for the Phazer Engine, I have a plan to run a dual tank set up with the fuel pump mounted in a lower one gallon fuel cell that is gravity fed by an upper larger capacity tank. Same thing they do on fuel injected motorcycle engines with "tall" motors, no room for a pump in the upper tank so they use a secondary pod for the fuel pump. Getting WAY ahead here, but I have an idea and the parts to try it.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 49.69 KiB | Viewed 928 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:14 pm 

stix wrote:
Get outta town those are nice. Sending units come with?

They are sexy sexy gauges for sure. Everything comes with them included wiring right down to gauge backlighting harnesses. I haven't fully opened everything yet but looks like all senders are included including GPS. Gauges in an off road vehicle is nothing new, but mine are blue and say HONDA!! Lol. The only thing I don't like is typing the word Gauge... I often see it spelt guage

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 70.79 KiB | Viewed 926 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pilot Gauges
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:54 am 

Sensor on the left is for the cylinder head temp, one on right is the EGT sensor, all included with the gauges. Not sure if I would put the head temp under the spark plug, looks like that's what it is intended for but would raise the plug out of the chamber a bit. Expecting this to be an issue and other than getting some metric adapters for some other sensors it looks like I am good to go.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 54.14 KiB | Viewed 922 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:38 am 

I've been eying the 4.5 inch Speedhut GPS speedometer for my 66 VW. Nice units but just a little pricey!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:20 am 

Randman wrote:
I've been eying the 4.5 inch Speedhut GPS speedometer for my 66 VW. Nice units but just a little pricey!

Rand

Price out autometer... These were cheaper and give you a custom option.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:57 am 

Those are nice gauges. They appear to have a data log built in and a tell tell button. You can remove the index washer from the spark pug and use a thinner one for proper depth if you use head temp under the plug. Cool thing there is you can see the difference using different plug heat ranges and log the heat wick. That would be pretty cool to have a number to go with a picture with your set up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:32 am 

adnoh wrote:
Those are nice gauges. They appear to have a data log built in and a tell tell button. You can remove the index washer from the spark pug and use a thinner one for proper depth if you use head temp under the plug. Cool thing there is you can see the difference using different plug heat ranges and log the heat wick. That would be pretty cool to have a number to go with a picture with your set up.

Every gauge has a programmable alert LED light as well, as well as peak recall etc. thank you for the thinner washer tip, didn't know that one. I saw no point in testing the accuracy of a $10 gauge, so if I was gonna do it I was going to do it right.... In a world where plastics can cost a lot more than these gauges, I prefer to know what's happening with my machine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:55 pm 

Trailblazer wrote:
adnoh wrote:

Every gauge has a programmable alert LED light as well, as well as peak recall etc. thank you for the thinner washer tip, didn't know that one. I saw no point in testing the accuracy of a $10 gauge, so if I was gonna do it I was going to do it right.... In a world where plastics can cost a lot more than these gauges, I prefer to know what's happening with my machine.

Wait,are you saying those gauges only cost 10 bucks? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:35 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Trailblazer wrote:
adnoh wrote:

Just having them say "Honda" cost ten bucks... Each. Unbelievable you could read it that way :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:22 pm 

Trailblazer wrote:
redskinman wrote:
Trailblazer wrote:
adnoh wrote:

Just having them say "Honda" cost ten bucks... Each. Unbelievable you could read it that way :shock:

Redskinman is an elcheapo like me, I picked up on right a way :shock: :shock:

Profile E-mail