Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:50 pm 

Hi guys,

This is my 1st post in this wonderful forum. I just picked up this nasty looking FL350 for $220!, it looks decent and its complete less the original Engine (someone in the past tried to swap a 2 cylinder Engine using some flimsy sheet metal as Engine brackets!).

Now what do you guys suggest? rebuild it back to original shape (I will need a complete Engine including exhaust, starter, wiring, gas tank ... etc), or shall I invest $1500 on a complete Rotax 580 swap kit?. Its been a few months now since I brought it home and I still can't decide, maybe you guys can share some ideas.

P.S. : except rebuilding a 1982 FL250 back in 1986, This is the 1st time to own a FL350. I do ride Honda 3 wheelers and own two great 250Rs ('85 and '86).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:31 pm 

hamadup wrote:
Hi guys,

This is my 1st post in this wonderful forum. I just picked up this nasty looking FL350 for $220!, it looks decent and its complete less the original Engine (someone in the past tried to swap a 2 cylinder Engine using some flimsy sheet metal as Engine brackets!).

Now what do you guys suggest? rebuild it back to original shape (I will need a complete Engine including exhaust, starter, wiring, gas tank ... etc), or shall I invest $1500 on a complete Rotax 580 swap kit?. Its been a few months now since I brought it home and I still can't decide, maybe you guys can share some ideas.

P.S. : except rebuilding a 1982 FL250 back in 1986, This is the 1st time to own a FL350. I do ride Honda 3 wheelers and own two great 250Rs ('85 and '86).

Welcome to the site. Please some pictures of your 250s..
I am all about the conversion to twin sled power...parts are readily available and power to spare....
Just take your foot out of it when landing and no asphalt burnouts .... It'll do them with ease but very tough on the gear box. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:56 pm 

go oddy wrote:
hamadup wrote:
Hi guys,

Welcome to the site. Please some pictures of your 250s..
I am all about the conversion to twin sled power...parts are readily available and power to spare....
Just take your foot out of it when landing and no asphalt burnouts .... It'll do them with ease but very tough on the gear box. :-)

Thanks for the quick reply!, Here is a pic of the 250Rs with my son riding on the '86 (at that time it has a '85 seat).

Do you suggest a good place to shop all of the needed parts? I prefer if I can get them all at once, as I live outside US and shipping will cost me quite a bit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:03 pm 

Any way you look at it, it's gona cost a bundle. Plus all that work. To bad it didn't just have a blown Engine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:27 am 

Welcome to the site. That is an excellent score! You cannot find a set of fenders for that price! If u have the time, space and money, I would do the conversion... Due to the parts availability..just my .02....good luck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:02 pm 

Welcome to your new mistress. :-) Im with the rest of the crew, If it still had the old Engine mounts and a blown Engine I would rebuild the original. But since its been hacked i would go with the Rotax, ask the guys here which model Rotax to go with, some have parts easier to find and/or better Engine. Maybe the 580 is the best choice?? BTW that's not a bad start for a first FL350. Have fun

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:21 pm 

580. 583. 670 can't go wrong... Unless you can't drive. :-)