Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:34 am 

Took them long enough!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:27 pm 

mcali2 wrote:
My parts have been recovered. the box was found. crazy.

That is very unfortunate that your parts were misplaced and it took 8 weeks to be relocated. I hope you pick them up ASAP and never go back to that shop. I understand accidents happen but I couldn't trust these guys after that. Glad you can get back on track with this project!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:29 pm 

It's over they lost my parts again. UPS delivered them , the owner called me and said it would be done that day. Feb1. I called and the shop said they have never received the parts. Even though I have proof of delivery and the phone call. Owner said the hell with me. He is off his rocker big time. My last hope is his wife. I'm about to get new parts and count this is a loss. I mean 3 times now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 pm 

Who are these friggin guys?

Don't worry, I haven't sold all your parts off or installed them on my Ody!

Your Engine parts are still on my bench....

exterior cleaned.....

still assembled.....

safe and sound.....

just waiting for the top end so I can tear it all apart.....

:(

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 pm 

Is the company smallenginemachine.com by any chance? John Tice. Got my attention when you said...His wife is your last hope...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am 

Yes it is John @ small Engine......
The guy about told me to f off. His wife would not even hear of it. I have it all recorded and I'm telling them I have it recorded. Finally I said 2 stroke cylinder and he says 2 stroke? I have a 2 stroke cylinder. I thought it was a 4stroke. So now it has been getting worked on and now needs a sleeve. I guess the used one I got was bad. He did not ask me or anything just started to sleeve it. Rand I need the case opening now? Can you get that for me? At this point it may be cheaper to abandon the parts and go with known good. I understand the guy has issues with memory but find someone who can fill the spot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:12 am 

mcali2 wrote:
The guy about told me to f off. His wife would not even hear of it. I have it all recorded and I'm telling them I have it recorded. Finally I said 2 stroke cylinder and he says 2 stroke? I have a 2 stroke cylinder. I thought it was a 4stroke. So now it has been getting worked on and now needs a sleeve. I guess the used one I got was bad. He did not ask me or anything just started to sleeve it. Rand I need the case opening now? Can you get that for me? At this point it may be cheaper to abandon the parts and go with known good. I understand the guy has issues with memory but find someone who can fill the spot.

PLEASE PM ME! I just had a 13 month battle with him and came 2 minutes away from flying from the east coast to the west coast. There are members on this board who know the story!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:48 am 

Mike,

I'm pretty sure I have a cylinder that is only 81mm maybe even one that is at 80. Let me know what this douche bag is going to do for you.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 pm 

Thanks. I will. I'm almost to the point if walking away so I don't stroke out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:43 pm 

mcali2 wrote:
Thanks. I will. I'm almost to the point if walking away so I don't stroke out.

Oh my.
It sounds like I am reading another horror novel here.
Don't stroke out ----------- I know how you feel. It brings back a lot of memories about my race car engines. Same shyte.
If a guy can't do it himself then he's in trouble unless he has friends.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm 

mcali2 wrote:

Sorry to read about your bad luck with this guy. Keep the project going. For the little info posted it reads as if the guy has dementia.
Best regards.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:27 pm 

He has some medical issue. I'm trying to be nice due to that. It seems I need to say 2 stroke cylinder as he keeps thinking its a 4 stroke and that is when it gets lost. New sleeve is on order.

people say he really goo at his work but almost 70 years old and some times this start to wind down. I just hope I get the correct part back. Photo of produce will be required before payment with my visa LOL. I have some parts coming in for the Ody, I need to build something where the plastic was. Mesh or diamond plate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 pm 

I just called him and he is shipping my parts back. Cylinder is junk now as he cut it out for a sleeve. So I need a new cylinder. At least I will have my piston back. I think it is a 80.5

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:00 pm 

mcali2 wrote:
I just called him and he is shipping my parts back. Cylinder is junk now as he cut it out for a sleeve. So I need a new cylinder. At least I will have my piston back. I think it is a 80.5

Jesus Christ Jason (Friday the thirteenth)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:45 pm 

that is F'ed up!! I hope I have better luck. three weeks getting my cylinder done, working on week four.
yep you guessed it. "we are trying to get it done this week". GRRRRR

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:14 pm 

Mike,

I'll check my cylinder stash and see what sizes I have for cylinders.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:20 pm 

Well Mike, you're in luck! One of the two cylinders I have measures in at 80.23mm so your 80.5mm piston should work with it, with a bore job of course.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:35 pm 

That's great. IF I can get this guy to ship my parts out. Still not done.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:49 pm 

I was told today by the wife my parts were shipped back. Now if I can get my side panels. Im off to get some steel before the trump price increase hits.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:14 pm 

Well I have my piston back. the cylinder is no good any more. I'm ready to get this toy done.
rims and tires, u joints, metal work, paint, steering, is the short list. making the rad support.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:28 pm 

Jesus Christ there is a lot of drama on this one LOL.
Some bad news since this thread started -- I don't think you can get those seat covers anymore. The website shows no longer available. But I would call them anyways, you never know. You could also try a boat shop. Those guys get stuff re-done all the time with water proof material. Just a thought.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:41 am 

socalgii has some nice seat covers. well made and fit correctly in red or blue. I got a discount by contacting them through this site. YMMV

Ebay listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-PILOT-FL400r-FL400-NEW-SEAT-COVER/323120523773?hash=item4b3b7be9fd:g:QuEAAOSw8A1aeR9x

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:08 pm 

We are in build mode again. New parts coming in. Bushings and u joints done. Will start putting the drivetrain back in. Hope like hell I have all the Engine mount bushings. I fear I lost some or all of them. I have not really started to look but a gut feeling. I will get some photos of it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:01 pm 

Well we have completed the brake system, Engine is installed, new u joints, I am working on the wires now, then exhaust. I have to build the radiator support still and wire in the water pump.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:00 pm 

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next