Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png PilotOdyssey.com V2.0   
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Death machine rebuild
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:02 pm 

Well slowly going to start the rebuild on the death machine. Lots of work on this thing. Almost everything bent, cracked or twisted. Cut apart the bent top cage for useable pieces today while I wait for the guy to bend new roll cage tube.

Attachments:
File comment: This is what happens to an oddy when you crash it hard at about 55 mph.
20151005_202735.jpg
20151005_202735.jpg [ 41.83 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]
20150808_173638.jpg
20150808_173638.jpg [ 55.3 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]
20150808_173718.jpg
20150808_173718.jpg [ 36.38 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]
20170331_171704.jpg
20170331_171704.jpg [ 70.46 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]
20170331_173022.jpg
20170331_173022.jpg [ 67.04 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]
20170331_171711.jpg
20170331_171711.jpg [ 52.63 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:54 pm 

Damn just now getting to this? :shock: :-) I thought you had fixed it,how long ago did you have that wreck?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:12 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Damn just now getting to this? :shock: :-) I thought you had fixed it,how long ago did you have that wreck?

July 30 2015
This was the crash that broke my back.
The machine I rebuilt was the spare I had bought for parts. It was in really rough shape mechanically.
It is my primary machine now.
The machine above still has a slight twist in the frame (1/4") but that is as close to straight as I could get it. A few tubes have to be welded up as they got cracked in the crash. I will rebuild this thing but it will take time. The bent rear swing arm I repaired and posted a few days ago is the one off of this machine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:55 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
redskinman wrote:

July 30 2015
The machine I rebuilt was the spare I had bought for parts. It was in really rough shape mechanically.
The machine above still has a slight twist in the frame (1/4") but that is as close to straight as I could get it. A few tubes have to be welded up as they got cracked in the crash. I will rebuild this thing but it will take time. The bent rear swing arm I repaired and posted a few days ago is the one off of this machine.

I thought it had been a couple years{almost}I guess I was thinking of your other one.How's the back doing nowadays?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:42 pm 

redskinman wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:
redskinman wrote:

July 30 2015

I thought it had been a couple years{almost}I guess I was thinking of your other one.How's the back doing nowadays?

Man I got real lucky.
I have no issues at all. No pain issues No sensory issue No motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) issues.
When I was in the hospital all they seemed to be interested in was nerve damage.
It seemed like the doctors and nurses were just blowing me off when they found out there was no nerve damage, but they did check me every day. I was angry at first because I wanted more attention but what I found out later was that if there is no nerve damage, your good. They were just busy with people that had real medical issues LOL. There were so many people in there that they were piled up down every hallway. Beds every where. It was a long weekend when this happened. What a crazy place on a long weekend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:09 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
redskinman wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:
redskinman wrote:

July 30 2015

Man I got real lucky.
I have no issues at all. No pain issues No sensory issue No motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) issues.
When I was in the hospital all they seemed to be interested in was nerve damage.
It seemed like the doctors and nurses were just blowing me off when they found out there was no nerve damage, but they did check me every day. I was angry at first because I wanted more attention but what I found out later was that if there is no nerve damage, your good. They were just busy with people that had real medical issues LOL. There were so many people in there that they were piled up down every hallway. Beds every where. It was a long weekend when this happened. What a crazy place on a long weekend.

Well good,that's excellent news :-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:40 am 

Just saw these pictures that is one of the most wicked crashes I've seen. Broken back and no issues, someone was watching out for you! Glad you're okay - Will be cool to see the build, thanks for sharing.

Mike

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:22 am 

Oh man...I thought I missed that you had another crash....I'm glad you didn't....Be sure to do a full rebuild log...Looking forward to this..

Meth

Profile E-mail