Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:11 pm 

rmesser wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:
bullnerd wrote:
Congrats TH!

CO, didn't Randy tell you he's been running an electric pump all these years? LOL! Just kidding!

TH- when you get to the field with the jump, take it easy! If the "jump" is shorter than the the wheelbase of your go kart, your going to be in for a surprise. Get used to it before you have to repaint it. Google the world famous front flip!

https://youtu.be/f2picMQC-9E

LMAO love the uboob clip cause I agree. Pics that way are crap too.
There has been some argument here on electric fuel pumps and safety.
The more I think about it the more I believe it's more than safe enough. If an oddy is upside down or even on it's side it probably won't be an issue. I say this because the pick up tubes are at the bottom of the tank and if the machine is the wrong way around the pump ain't gona get fuel unless the tank is completely full. This is gona be highly unlikely because these little creeps suck fuel like mad. So unless you crash hard leaving home base, your good. The bigger hazard is gona be the fuel leaking out of the cap on the tank, just like what happened to me in my crash.
CO

Not so sure that electric pump will work with AV fuel. :shock: :-) :-)

I asked the tech guy at Quantum specifically about race gas and he said it was no problem. Guess we'll see but it's pumping the 98 octane Renegade/Amsoil Dominator with out any problems so far.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:30 pm 

I bet the AV fuel will be fine. I just can't pass up a opportunity to give CO a hard time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:02 pm 

rmesser wrote:
I bet the AV fuel will be fine. I just can't pass up a opportunity to give CO a hard time.

I am surprised Randman hasn't logged in to take a shot at me :-) .

I wasn't knocked out in the crash and did have my wits about me.
I was gona turn the Engine off when I noticed it wasn't running. That's also when I noticed the fuel coming out of the fuel cap. It was dripping so I am azzuming it was coming out of the caps vent.
As for a big red kill switch -------- why not just shut the pump off then ??
I'm just gona go with it and call it good.
If someone is determined to do something then my choice would be a check valve in the line. The check would work automatically so no need to rewire the whole damn machine or be awake to push a big red button.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:44 pm 

I use a small, one way check valve on the tank vent.

Same as the ones they use on dirt bike gas caps, But I cover it in foam to keep the dust out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 pm 

Pretty much dotted the i's and crossed the t's last night. Got the belt guards in. That front one was a major pain. Cleaned up a few other loose ends. Down to taking it to the wrap guy on Monday.

Bunch of random pics....

ImageIMG_8861 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8871 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8870 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8868 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8865 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8864 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8858 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8855 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8854 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8852 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:37 pm 

Beautiful.
I wish one of the factory guys could see this.
If we are real lucky then LEE will see this thread and send the link and pics to Honda factory.
Lee is a member here and works for Honda.
He hasn't been on in a very long time though (over a year now).
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:31 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
Beautiful.
I wish one of the factory guys could see this.
If we are real lucky then LEE will see this thread and send the link and pics to Honda factory.
Lee is a member here and works for Honda.
He hasn't been on in a very long time though (over a year now).
CO

Thanks CO. Appreciate the kind words. It was/is a true labor of love. I've wanted one for 30 years. Was determined to make it as good as I could make it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:10 pm 

Any chance of you doing a Fl400 in the future?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:43 pm 

rmesser wrote:
Any chance of you doing a Fl400 in the future?

Likely. Or a long travel 350. I loved the build and definitely will do another of some sort. Prolly give this one some time to soak in first.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:28 pm 

TerryH wrote:
Thanks CO. Appreciate the kind words. It was/is a true labor of love. I've wanted one for 30 years. Was determined to make it as good as I could make it.
I love this way of thinking. I try to be that way, but my impatience always wins..lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:55 pm 

liduno wrote:
TerryH wrote:
I love this way of thinking. I try to be that way, but my impatience always wins..lol

My OCD usually over rides my impatience. Usually.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:05 pm 

Had a fun Saturday morning attending the Hot Wheels Legends Tour show in Rogers, Ar. Quite an eclectic group of vehicles indeed. Most heard phrase of the day is "I wanted one of these so bad when I was a kid." :-) Ton of guys with huge smiles hanging around it all day. It was fun but I remember now why I haven't had anything in a car show for 25 years. Melting in the sun sitting in a parking lot is not nearly as fun as riding it!

Now, on to the wrap shop on Monday.

ImageIMG_8892 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8889 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8893 by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:30 pm 

Being in south Florida, I hear you with the heat. I usually take 1 lap around a car show and then leave.. lol
There used to be a lot of night time car shows, back when I had car show worthy cars. Nowadays I'm just a spectator.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:45 am 

Wanted to share a fun story from the car show yesterday. The show was in a Walmart parking lot and it was packed. Just a crazy amount of people there. All the adjoining parking lots were full also. I had to park the dually and trailer a good ways away so at the end I made a trip to the trailer with the cooler etc.. while I waited on the traffic jamb to clear out enough to get the 350 to the trailer. When I came back to where the 350 was, there was a guy and his family waiting on me. He said they had waited around just for the chance to hear it run. He has one but had lost motivation to get it going. You never saw a bigger smile than this guy had when it fired. Guessing he's out in his garage working on his right now. That guy made my day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:38 pm 

TerryH wrote:
Wanted to share a fun story from the car show yesterday. The show was in a Walmart parking lot and it was packed. Just a crazy amount of people there. All the adjoining parking lots were full also. I had to park the dually and trailer a good ways away so at the end I made a trip to the trailer with the cooler etc.. while I waited on the traffic jamb to clear out enough to get the 350 to the trailer. When I came back to where the 350 was, there was a guy and his family waiting on me. He said they had waited around just for the chance to hear it run. He has one but had lost motivation to get it going. You never saw a bigger smile than this guy had when it fired. Guessing he's out in his garage working on his right now. That guy made my day.

Cool story :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:04 am 

TerryH wrote:
You did let his kids sit in it right? Perpetuate the love of dune buggies..lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am 

liduno wrote:
TerryH wrote:
You did let his kids sit in it right? Perpetuate the love of dune buggies..lol

He didn't ask. I would have.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:08 pm 

Picked it up from the graphics shop this afternoon. Full set of pics tomorrow but here's a little peek.

ImageIMG_8936 (2) by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:24 pm 

Looks great

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:47 pm 

Oh that looks so good. It looked naked without decals.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:25 am 

rmesser wrote:
Looks great

Thank you!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:26 am 

Garemie wrote:
Oh that looks so good. It looked naked without decals.

Thank you! Couldn't have the poor thing going around naked. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:54 am 

Someone contact the Honda factory please ------ Lee ??
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:53 am 

canadian oddy wrote:
CO

Are we thinking the same? US flag on a Japanese bike???? I still think it looks awesome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:44 am 

rmesser wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:
CO

Are we thinking the same? US flag on a Japanese bike???? I still think it looks awesome.

Pretty sure that's not what CO is thinking.

Made in Japan the first time and re-made better than ever in the good 'ole USA.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next