Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:11 am 

Good find on that leak!

Those intake manifolds do not typically use a gasket or hondabond. You may want to replace it all together if it is not giving you a good seal. I believe the replacement part would be: Mikuni VM36-200K.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:49 am 

CurtisR401 wrote:
Good find on that leak!

Those intake manifolds do not typically use a gasket or hondabond. You may want to replace it all together if it is not giving you a good seal. I believe the replacement part would be: Mikuni VM36-200K.

Ok thanks! This is aftermarket reed cage so not sure if that part will fit? Looks the same.I will do another leak down test and see if hondabond worked,I have zero confidence this is the reason for the Engine not running right but man do I hope I'm wrong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:08 pm 

CurtisR401 wrote:
Good find on that leak!

Anything other than genuine Mikuni manifolds will leak ALL the after market manifolds I have seen use thin WEAK easy to bend steel inside so when you even snug the retaining nuts (usually a stud and nut arrangement) or bolts the metal reinforcement bends reducing the clamping force in the middle creating a leak after a few Engine heat cycles. Carbs need supported regardless what manifold is used pod air filters need supported no matter how light need supported I keep finding them laying in the desert...

I use Yamabond (Hondabond is about same thing) between the manifold and Engine on all manifolds.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:57 am 

Well did another leak down test yesterday and I could not detect a leak on Engine anywhere,hondabond was working (for now) but i was still leaking air somewhere,so kept searching and discovered leak on air hose connection that I cant fix,will have to get another hose.
But put carb and pipe back on,cranked it up,and instead of just trying to test it on my street(which isn’t very long)I decided to chance it and take it on main road of subdivision and it did not miss! On previous runs anytime I gunned it would miss,either from stop or WOT (Wide Open Throttle),in 2 runs it did not miss,But I’m not convinced it’s fixed,too short of a sample time.
For one reason,when I do gun it,it makes that weird noise that I’ve been complaining about from the getgo,hard to describe but it kind of sounds like something’s arcing,and that reminds me of something that happened when I first got cylinder back and was putting it together.When putting the pipe on it hit the battery connections,and I can’t remember how long it was hitting them,could have been a second,could have been 10 seconds,but smoke was involved,now whether this could be causing any problems now I don’t know

Attachments:
800B1667-52C9-41C5-8850-7EF9DAE94FB9.jpeg
800B1667-52C9-41C5-8850-7EF9DAE94FB9.jpeg [ 56.23 KiB | Viewed 199996 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:51 pm 

An arcing sound from the Engine is very strange. I highly doubt it’s actually something arcing or you would definitely have burnt up wires somewhere. Does it only do this under load or do you hear it when you rev it up also?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:11 pm 

CurtisR401 wrote:
An arcing sound from the Engine is very strange. I highly doubt it’s actually something arcing or you would definitely have burnt up wires somewhere. Does it only do this under load or do you hear it when you rev it up also?

Only under load,and only when i gun it or at WOT (Wide Open Throttle),if I’m cruising at steady speed it doesn’t make it

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:17 pm 

redskinman wrote:
CurtisR401 wrote:

Only under load,and only when i gun it or at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) (Wide Open Throttle),if I’m cruising at steady speed it doesn’t make it

Is it coming from the transmission? Torque clutch slipping?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:48 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
redskinman wrote:
CurtisR401 wrote:

Only under load,and only when i gun it or at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) (Wide Open Throttle) (Wide Open Throttle),if I’m cruising at steady speed it doesn’t make it

Is it coming from the transmission? Torque clutch slipping?

Hell man I don't know! lol
I am hesitant to think its the transmission since I had no problems before rebuild,sound only started after installing new piston.
I have put rear end up on jacks and put it in gear and run it full throttle and it doesnt make that noise,but with me in it and wheels touching ground it does

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:09 am 

Try to do it again with wheels up and w resistance. Use the the brake to simulate a load. Make sure the camera is rolling to avoid doing it over and over... why punish a nice set of pads.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:04 am 

I agree with nitrosport_5.

I feel that it has got to be clutch related of it is only making the noise under a load.

That is a good suggestion go oddy, I wouldn't have thought of using the brake like that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:34 pm 

Well I had plans to get back to this today but got call yesterday reminding me of dentist today,well I hate dentist and I always get the gas when they do anything,but my dentist quit using the gas,so today I took a Xanax before going to relax me and when I got home I slept from 12-5 :shock: and would have slept longer if text hadnt got me up,so whole day was shot to hell{not to mention routine cleaning turned into abscessed tooth and root canal and another crown wtf $2000.00 bill}

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:33 pm 

Well did as suggested tonight after I got home from work,put rear up on jacks and held brake on,it did not work as planned.It made the noise,but it wasn't as loud or pronounced as it when I'm actually driving it,I think all this test did was wear my brake pads down :shock: ,something was creating a burning smell.You cant really hear the sound that I'm talking about in the video,I barely heard it and it didnt last long and I know what I'm listening for

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:44 am 

I can't say I heard anything out of the ordinary. I thought it sounded good.

Maybe mount the camera back there under a real load? It's going to be tough to pinpoint it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:04 am 

CurtisR401 wrote:
I can't say I heard anything out of the ordinary. I thought it sounded good.

Maybe mount the camera back there under a real load? It's going to be tough to pinpoint it.

Yeah that’s what I’m gonna need to do,I don’t have a mount to do it,gonna have to figure something out

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:07 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Well did as suggested tonight after I got home from work,put rear up on jacks and held brake on,it did not work as planned.It made the noise,but it wasn't as loud or pronounced as it when I'm actually driving it,I think all this test did was wear my brake pads down :shock: ,something was creating a burning smell.You cant really hear the sound that I'm talking about in the video,I barely heard it and it didnt last long and I know what I'm listening for

careful using your brake to load it down, I did that before using a brake to help seat rings on a 4 stroke quad and warped the rotor

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:13 pm 

Ok worked on it for a little while today,was trying another carb that I found that must have been from my oddy,but it was a no go.
Put other carb back on and made this video,I can hear noise but I know what I'm listening for and it's not obvious to someone who doesnt know,I don't know what to tell you,but it doesnt sound right.But on a positive note,the last 2 times I drove it,although only briefly,that bad miss it had is mostly gone.You will need to turn your speakers up to see if you can hear it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:57 am 

NOT MUCH ACTION ON HERE ANYMORE :shock:
Cant post something like this to Facebook,too many dumbasses,too many people that wont read the other comments before leaving their comment,and too many smartasses,but apparently that's where everyone is at now,which sucks!

Since the Engine has been consuming my time I have been ignoring the fact that when I test drive my Pilot on the street the front wheels were wobbling like a mofo,so I decided to tackle that problem yesterday and long story short I discovered both bushings in top of each front shock were shot to hell and there was a lot of play.Luckily I had 2 bushings that were right size to stick in there and that fixed the problem :-)

As I said in last post,when I took Pilot for it's last test drive it ran the best it had yet,but I thought it could be better.I decided to go down a jet size from 205 to 200.It had already been tested before with same jet,but I don't know whats changed,but after I replaced bushings and changed jet and took it for test drive IT RAN GREAT! :-) :-)
Time to clean it up and slap a for sale sign on it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:42 am 

I agree the site is slow right now but I also think that a lot of the big brains are miraculously all out at the same time. Also a few of the big brains are pretty consumed with their own projects too.

Good job diagnosing this, the miss you are talking about sounds like my FL350 so hearing your solution gives me an idea what to do.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11