Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:23 pm 

I picked this 89 FL400 up about 6 months ago. I got it in many pieces and have been slowly rebuilding. This was a project started by previous owner that was eventually abandoned. Previous owner had a lot of sketchy welds on it, so I cut them off and I am starting over. I also cut out all old wiring as I do not do crimp connections. The 617 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) has a fresh pistons and crank. I have been thumbing through many old threads on this site looking for tips on wiring this thing up. I am sure I will need some assistance on wiring eventually as wiring is my Achilles heel...

Attachments:
IMG_2280.jpg
IMG_2280.jpg [ 121.66 KiB | Viewed 12929 times ]
IMG_2279.jpg
IMG_2279.jpg [ 122.81 KiB | Viewed 12929 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:55 am 

Welcome to the site! This is the best place to find the information you are looking for.

Will follow your build as I always enjoy watching projects progress.

Good Luck and keep us informed, we also enjoy lots of pics!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:49 pm 

I see wheelies in your future, and we will want video of said wheelies..lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:01 am 

Thank you! I look forward to completing this project!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:47 am 

More pictures.

Seek out a wiring diagram for the sled model that the Engine came from it should give a strong hint on wiring.

If you havent already review my 440 swap viewforum.php?f=72

Search the site for 583 and 670 search.php?keywords=583&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

search.php?keywords=670&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:04 pm 

Thanks Hoser!!! I have already read through most of those threads. I am challenged when it comes to wiring. I found one thread where a member (Old Geezer) had the exact same scenario as me, but I did not see where the outcome was posted. When reading that thread it appeared that the info was about to be revealed, but then the thread came to an end. I am guessing he got his answers offline or through private message... I will keep searching until I feel I have exhausted all my resources.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:13 pm 

jakozlow wrote:
Thanks Hoser!!! I have already read through most of those threads. I am challenged when it comes to wiring. I found one thread where a member (Old Geezer) had the exact same scenario as me, but I did not see where the outcome was posted. When reading that thread it appeared that the info was about to be revealed, but then the thread came to an end. I am guessing he got his answers offline or through private message... I will keep searching until I feel I have exhausted all my resources.

Do you have a wiring diagram of the sled your Engine came out of you can post?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:56 pm 

Hoser, here is the diagram for the sled my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) came from. I am hoping to be able to tie it into my existing harness. I am wondering if I can tie the yellow and yellow/black wire from my rotax stator into the 3 yellow wires going into pilot regulator. I am guessing the pilot factory stator is 3 phase? I have a separate kill switch already hooked up, it is tied into rotax coil. Your input is very much appreciated.

Attachments:
Rotax wire diagram.png
Rotax wire diagram.png [ 362.62 KiB | Viewed 12511 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:51 pm 

jakozlow wrote:
Hoser, here is the diagram for the sled my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) came from. I am hoping to be able to tie it into my existing harness. I am wondering if I can tie the yellow and yellow/black wire from my rotax stator into the 3 yellow wires going into pilot regulator. I am guessing the pilot factory stator is 3 phase? I have a separate kill switch already hooked up, it is tied into rotax coil. Your input is very much appreciated.

Personally I would keep it simple, all you need from your charging system is the ability to charge the Pilot battery, I would run your sled Engine regulator so it keeps the battery charged, then when you turn your Pilot key on all the Pilot harness works normal, fan, lights etc.

Quick look at the diagram you supplied I see a tether switch so if you fall off the sled it kills the Engine, I would use a toggle switch on those two wires.

My 440 Pilot is pull start so I turn on the toggle so the Engine will have spark then turn the factory ignition switch so the fan will cycle on and off as needed.

I will look at my Pilot and see think all I did was unplug the factory voltage regulator from the harness (been too many years) so there was no way the regulator I use on the 440 stater could conflict with the factory regulator, PLUS its a good factory part to sell in the future :shock: if you never went back to the stock setup.

Profile E-mail