Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Ride
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:51 pm 

Picked up a new ride for the little guys. (and for me)

Its a china made 50cc bike.

Needs brakes put back on and all. And the ole' Hoser tear into. ;)

bb

Attachments:
File comment: gratuitous meat shot
IMG_2842.jpg
IMG_2842.jpg [ 201.17 KiB | Viewed 921 times ]
IMG_2843.jpg
IMG_2843.jpg [ 180.45 KiB | Viewed 921 times ]
IMG_2844.jpg
IMG_2844.jpg [ 211.67 KiB | Viewed 921 times ]
IMG_2845.jpg
IMG_2845.jpg [ 194.65 KiB | Viewed 921 times ]
IMG_2846.jpg
IMG_2846.jpg [ 230.22 KiB | Viewed 921 times ]
IMG_2847.jpg
IMG_2847.jpg [ 214.21 KiB | Viewed 921 times ]
IMG_2848.jpg
IMG_2848.jpg [ 190.03 KiB | Viewed 921 times ]
File comment: We need a new tire for the rear. Any suggestions?
IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg [ 204.48 KiB | Viewed 921 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:57 pm 

more

Attachments:
IMG_2850.jpg
IMG_2850.jpg [ 133.61 KiB | Viewed 919 times ]
IMG_2851.jpg
IMG_2851.jpg [ 195.79 KiB | Viewed 919 times ]
IMG_2852.jpg
IMG_2852.jpg [ 169.31 KiB | Viewed 919 times ]
File comment: Honda Exhaust is a mod on this ride. Looks solid except for a cinch in the flow. No Biggy its a 49.9 cc anyways.
IMG_2853.jpg
IMG_2853.jpg [ 206.54 KiB | Viewed 919 times ]

Post subject: Re: New Ride
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:00 pm 

MassOdy wrote:
Picked up a new ride for the little guys. (and for me)

Its a china made 50cc bike.

Needs brakes put back on and all. And the ole' Hoser tear into. ;)

bb

Yummy chicken!

Looks like someone removed the guts from the silencer?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:10 am 

Is it just me or dose that look like the Honda 50 Engine that has been around since the dark ages? Wonder if the parts are interchangeable.

Kids should enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:11 am 

throttle cable looks stretched tight with the non stock handlebars...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:32 am 

Well I hope it is a Honda Engine.
I'll look into it further. See if I can find any markings.

Yeah the throttle is a bit stretched. Not too badly though.
I'm thinking sinc eit has no clutch handle or need one. I will put the rear brake on the left side grip. That way the kis don't need to fumble on the pegs except for gears. Probably not hook the front brake back up. The guy I got it from is getting me those parts from his neighbor.

And I want to new gear shift lever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:56 am 

MassOdy wrote:
Well I hope it is a Honda Engine.
I'll look into it further. See if I can find any markings.

Yeah the throttle is a bit stretched. Not too badly though.
I'm thinking sinc eit has no clutch handle or need one. I will put the rear brake on the left side grip. That way the kis don't need to fumble on the pegs except for gears. Probably not hook the front brake back up. The guy I got it from is getting me those parts from his neighbor.

And I want to new gear shift lever.

Why buy a new shifter 10 min after you install the new one the kid will dump the bike and bend it like the old one, just take it off and put into vice and bent it back, paint, install, myself I would rather have one all bent up because it will bend easier than a new one will on the next dump, reducing the chances of damaging the shifter shaft and case.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:58 am 

Forgot... if that is a Honda Engine copy I wonder if the 70cc cylinder and piston will fit on it like on the 50cc hondas? More torque as he gets bigger :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:16 pm 

My son had to have new handlebars on his little xr 80 (after dad crashed and bent the sockers) and we bought a new throttle cable, brake and clutch cables from the next size up bike, xr100...
the chinese have copied the cn250 scooter motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and put it into the POS buggies... I never had any problems with the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), made by CFMoto...
I am trying to get rid of alot of that stuff on e-bay...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:26 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
My son had to have new handlebars on his little xr 80 (after dad crashed and bent the sockers) and we bought a new throttle cable, brake and clutch cables from the next size up bike, xr100...
the chinese have copied the cn250 scooter motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and put it into the POS buggies... I never had any problems with the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), made by CFMoto...

What I don't understand is why they used such a small motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in a big buggy, I think the stock FL250 was rated at 17hp? so anything less would not be enough IMO.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:33 pm 

this one is the wrong one. its too large for a kids foot.
And the bolt that compresses down on the shaft is on the wrong side.

I'll take a close up of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:13 pm 

A couple shots of the shifter.
And one of the underside.

Are there two drain bolts?

What type of fluid would I replace this with?

Attachments:
IMG_2854.jpg
IMG_2854.jpg [ 111.45 KiB | Viewed 828 times ]
IMG_2855.jpg
IMG_2855.jpg [ 143.73 KiB | Viewed 828 times ]
File comment: Are both of these a drain whole?
IMG_2856b.jpg
IMG_2856b.jpg [ 263 KiB | Viewed 828 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:27 pm 

MassOdy wrote:
A couple shots of the shifter.
And one of the underside.

Are there two drain bolts?

What type of fluid would I replace this with?

Looks like the wrong shifter to me, by the way it fits with the bolt almost hitting the cases it has the look of after market..

You think the 2 bolt system is like the 2 bolt system on the Pilot balancer case? I would read the manual before removing either one of them bolts....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:35 pm 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

What I don't understand is why they used such a small motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in a big buggy, I think the stock FL250 was rated at 17hp? so anything less would not be enough IMO.

No it wasn't... I was truly dis-satisfied... and the amount of repair work a guy had to do one these Chinese POS was endless... I work quite a bit on the ody but I see results... Never have to repair much,(plastic tub is the first) just maintain or replace worn 22 year old parts... I was asked to leave the buggynews.com site cause I kept warning people of the downfalls of these POS... warning newbies of possible structural failure was hurting the advertisers feelings??? Go figure... LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:54 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:

No it wasn't... I was truly dis-satisfied... and the amount of repair work a guy had to do one these Chinese POS was endless... I work quite a bit on the ody but I see results... Never have to repair much,(plastic tub is the first) just maintain or replace worn 22 year old parts... I was asked to leave the buggynews.com site cause I kept warning people of the downfalls of these POS... warning newbies of possible structural failure was hurting the advertisers feelings??? Go figure... LOL

I talked to several china buggy owners on my big west trip the majority had the mind set that if they break to much they are so cheap they will just toss them then buy another new one, I assume toss them = dump on evilbay, wax and armorall the tires lmao

People don't want to hear negative facts about their purchase or pending purchases they only want to hear comfy warm positive comments no matter how much of a POS something is, proof of this is the leaders of the darkside, they tried to strong arm me to stop warning people about afterthought products, finially kiowa claimed ownership of my site so I stated this one... Imagine that, someone comes to my site, sells my friends junk parts here are a few ---> http://pilotodyssey.com/shocking.mpg scam services then wont allow me USING MY OWN site to warn others haha

Its all about making money whilst setting at your computer, if you do some research 99% of them are doing whilst working their full time job using their employers time and computer its not like Triple E Odysalvage or ATVR to name a few where its their only job.

Thanks for being man enough to call a POS a POS admitting you screwed up when you bought it, thanks for carrying the brunt of the abuse when trying to warn others of what they were buying (been their done that) I have no doubt you bought the china buggy with the understanding it was a quality item that was fully tested like this http://pilotodyssey.com/shocking.mpg like others you don't deserve to be screwed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:45 pm 

We bought a china made crf50 clone with a clutched 110 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) for one of the girls. Been used for two years now and so far it's held up pretty good (remember, it's being driven by a girl.....). Also has the optional electric start, 14 inch wheels and scalloped front and rear disc brakes.

Got the bike new out of LA for $335.00.

You've got to check every single nut and bolt and lock-tite them if you can. The Engine runs great, tons of power, even with my fat ass on it, it's the 3 valve lorcin, loncin? Engine, but the shifter fits poorly, been meaning to buy an original Honda shifter to replace it.

If I had to do it over again I would buy a Honda XR, but she wanted a bike and we weren't even sure she would ride it, so we cheaped out. Still a great bike for the money and we have two more coming along that will soon be wanting to drive it......

Oh, an the neighbor with the chinese buggy is still pissed, yesterday didn't help either, I raced him up the big hill in the neighbor hood driving our most stock and slowest FL250 and beat him by a good 100 feet. He may be buying that 250 now.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:58 pm 

Thank You... I will admit it was all my fault as this was an impulse buy... I DID NOT research these as I should have!!! I am stubborn, as some at this site will agree!!! Everyone wants to know why I haven't just bought a pilot... I will when I get the ody the way I want it!!! Very little left to do!!! So once that project is done I will move on...
I only wanted those who were like me with little or no mechanical skills to know that these chinese "Dune buggies" were a major saftey problem, and a major project!!! I didn't want a project when I ordered it!!! I wanted something that I could ride along side my Son and his new Honda Dirt Bike... As it was My son was alway's waiting for me... either cause the Chinese POS was broke, and I was fixing on it, or he had to go and get the neighbors to tow me home!!! Not my idea of a good time as a kid!!!

I now have a dependable ride that I can use!!! Only Bad thing is he has outgrown the bike and is more into skateboarding now LOL!!!
Proud Honda Odyssey FL350R Owner!!!

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

I talked to several china buggy owners on my big west trip the majority had the mind set that if they break to much they are so cheap they will just toss them then buy another new one, I assume toss them = dump on evilbay, wax and armorall the tires lmao

People don't want to hear negative facts about their purchase or pending purchases they only want to hear comfy warm positive comments no matter how much of a POS something is, proof of this is the leaders of the darkside, they tried to strong arm me to stop warning people about afterthought products, finially kiowa claimed ownership of my site so I stated this one... Imagine that, someone comes to my site, sells my friends junk parts here are a few ---> http://pilotodyssey.com/shocking.mpg scam services then wont allow me USING MY OWN site to warn others haha

Its all about making money whilst setting at your computer, if you do some research 99% of them are doing whilst working their full time job using their employers time and computer its not like Triple E Odysalvage or ATVR to name a few where its their only job.

Thanks for being man enough to call a POS a POS admitting you screwed up when you bought it, thanks for carrying the brunt of the abuse when trying to warn others of what they were buying (been their done that) I have no doubt you bought the china buggy with the understanding it was a quality item that was fully tested like this http://pilotodyssey.com/shocking.mpg like others you don't deserve to be screwed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:30 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Thank You... I will admit it was all my fault as this was an impulse buy... I DID NOT research these as I should have!!! I am stubborn, as some at this site will agree!!! Everyone wants to know why I haven't just bought a pilot... I will when I get the ody the way I want it!!! Very little left to do!!! So once that project is done I will move on...
I only wanted those who were like me with little or no mechanical skills to know that these chinese "Dune buggies" were a major saftey problem, and a major project!!! I didn't want a project when I ordered it!!! I wanted something that I could ride along side my Son and his new Honda Dirt Bike... As it was My son was alway's waiting for me... either cause the Chinese POS was broke, and I was fixing on it, or he had to go and get the neighbors to tow me home!!! Not my idea of a good time as a kid!!!

I now have a dependable ride that I can use!!! Only Bad thing is he has outgrown the bike and is more into skateboarding now LOL!!!
Proud Honda Odyssey FL350R Owner!!!

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

But its not your fault you bought the buggy in good faith as my buddys bought parts from the mutt in good faith, actually most of them figured since he was selling them on my board that they must be ok! Naturally like anybody else I felt responsible since my web page was used as a sales tool especially after kiowas life was put into danger with the killer WOT (Wide Open Throttle) throttle nerfs...

Its a shame you would have to stand back to wait and see or research before buying something, you would think by the year 2000 building a solid and reliable buggy would be a no brainier but hey we still have scammers that just want in your wallet they don't care about anything else...

Thanks again for saying someting and taking the heat IMO silence is consent and they wont improve things until enough is said.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:42 pm 

I have read alot of the old post from both boards... I know where you are coming from...

Profile E-mail