Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:34 am 

stix9567 wrote:
Good lookin Odys Jerry. First time I have seen them. I know you said the wifey liked the FL350's. I wish I had got to them before you sold them. DO you remember what they sold for?

I sold the pair on an open trailer for 10 grand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:02 am 

The below pic is of my brothers parts he had powder coated.

See the rear skid plate?

I want one of those, does anyone know of one or have one they'd be happy to part with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:22 am 

that's a stock ody one with the rear tubes cut off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:08 am 

It's not, it covers the whole underside where the tubed one goes up to & it's the same as the one pictured in my parts manual.

The parts manual that was made available on here showed the tubed one with a different part number.

I'm guessing that Australia & Japan got a different version of the skid plate due to our terrain. Maybe?

Your version 50355-VM0-771

Ours & in my manual 50355-VM0-770

& some pics fresh from my bro.

Look carefully as it's definitely a factory Honda item. I want one of these as it protects the Engine area much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 pm 

Wow I was definitly wrong on that one. I looks alot like the pilot one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:01 pm 

Powder coatings last long on the exhaust?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:30 am 

Do you think the pilot one will fit a 350?

Would someone mind posting a pic of the pilot one on here or if you have a pilot & 350, would you mind trying to fit it?

Powder coating on exhaust, not to sure Hoser.

The powder coaters said it will hold, but, with the excessive heat it will dull.

I think it's going to come off, but, have to wait & see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:02 am 

Update.

Got a curved fin head & noticed some interesting marks in the bore & ports hav been played with too.

Is the piston standard at 80mm?

Exaust ports

Inlet ports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:18 pm 

Managed to pick up a really clean totally rust free tank today along with complete battery tray, air ducts, pull start handle, nice airbox, a mirror, harness padding (not that I'll use it), snorkel with tail light, couple of muffler brackets & two other brackets which I have no idea where they go.

Anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:56 pm 

You talking about the two motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mounts. Oh and I wondered why you didnt bid on my tank on Ebay. Someone got a heck of a deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:59 pm 

Quote:

Got a curved fin head & noticed some interesting marks in the bore & ports hav been played with too.

Do yourself a favor and pull the cylinder and clean it up take more pics then post, looks like your ports have little or no bevel, make sure the holes are drilled on the exhaust site of the piston, check the piston to cylinder clearance, check the rings if everything is in spec you can reuse the rings, I suggest you hone the cylinder a little before you reassemble.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:33 pm 

that's a Pilot skid plate for sure-the bolt holes are different from the 350.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:45 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
that's a Pilot skid plate for sure-the bolt holes are different from the 350.

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/view ... skid+plate

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:13 am 

kingjason wrote:
You talking about the two motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mounts. Oh and I wondered why you didnt bid on my tank on Ebay. Someone got a heck of a deal.

That was you?

lol, sorry, I just couldn't pass up this tank for $50aud.

Mud, that skid plate is of my brothers 350 & is pictured exactly like that in my manual too. This has a different part number to the one with the bars in my manual. It bolts straight onto the 350.

You mean I gotta have my machine out of action for longer? Awwww man, I can't afford to do that work to it & I know that if I don't it probably won't last much longer.

Damn this thing! It's a money pit! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:00 am 

Well, I gave up on trying to find a powder coater that sandblasts at the same premises to save money. So, I busted out the cheap arsed spray cans & sprayed the majority of my black stuff for a temporary touch up till I can find the cash & a good place to take it all.

My brother has ever so kindly given me a new straighter cage & rear belt cover all powder coated nicely. Plus, some bolts & an OEM fuel pump, however, he's not sure if it'll work yet.

Also had it running today & discovered just how restrictive the stock air boxes really are with a modded Engine & better pipe. My mate pulled off the air box lid when we had it on stands at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) & holy bat crap did it make a huge difference!
He suggested to add another intake pipe to the box & this should solve the problem to a degree.

We'll have to see.

Removed air box for required modification..........if only I could find my hole saw.

Why we really had it up on stands was to try & nut out this belt/clutch/driven problem where it's slipping on the Engine clutch & not biting the belt properly.

With the e-brake on should the Engine be able to overpower it & spin the wheels?
We both looked in the 94c instructions for an explanation of how many pucks are required to bite harder or reduce the bite & could not figure it out.

My question is; How many pucks should the clutch have to bite harder on the belt or should the spring be changed to a softer one?

I haven't taken pics yet, but, will over the next few days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:29 pm 

i have two exhausts that are powder coated.ones a two stroke and the other a four stroke with header wrap on it.so far both are holding up real well after about a 12 months of steet use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:28 pm 

what is the problem with the 94c? search the web for 94c tuning. you want as many pucks as possible. if the clutch is "slipping" the pucks will start to melt. they also make a ribbed cover and special pucks that grab the ribs for more friction. I would think you might want a stiffer spring not a softer one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:39 am 

Couple of pics

The exhaust joint leaks quite a bit & I don't believe enough heat will expand the pipe to seal it. The lower joint also leaks, but, a lot less.

A couple of parts painted exotic spray can black.

Silencer mounted. Even though it's tight on the mount, it still wobbles. I need to support it in another location. My old tank temp mounted to fire the Engine.

More to come later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:41 am 

I would put a mount on the turn going into the silencer. There is a couple of tabs just below there you could use. You can get another rubber centered mount and fab up something...my suggestion. I believe I have done very similar in the past on one of my Oddys with a loose pipe before. The pipe needs to be secure or rigid before something bad happens...and it will sooner or later.

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:37 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
I would put a mount on the turn going into the silencer. There is a couple of tabs just below there you could use. You can get another rubber centered mount and fab up something...my suggestion. I believe I have done very similar in the past on one of my Oddys with a loose pipe before. The pipe needs to be secure or rigid before something bad happens...and it will sooner or later.

Gary

Thanks Gary.

I was thinking the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 am 

Ok, here are those pics.

First up is the harness before the install.

The hole I was referring to. Which I have since discovered that they are the tubes welded into the frame for the bolts to hold the steering shaft bracket.

I think all I'll need to to is tap the thread right through & either use a longer bolt with a nut or a short bolt from the seat side. The latter sounds more logical to me.

Front part of the harness.

This is it installed without the front mounted. Had to cut off the net hooks to fit the wider loop bracket thingy. :-)

My air box to snorkel set up. Snorkel is yet to be finished. It sucks!! :-) Sorry about the exposure, dodgy camera.

& finally the air box inlets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:29 am 

Mini update.

Had this stock tank for a while now & been having issues finding a cap. Well, my search ended scouring through the road bike wrecker.

Have no idea what this cap is off, but, it fits perfectly sealing & all!!!

Best of all it even came with a key.

Looks very much like the OEM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:41 am 

Looking good, you have pads for the harness?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:36 pm 

yep i have that same gascap.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:59 pm 

I don't think I'll need padding due to the width. If I do I can always add it later. It feels pretty comfortable.

Yep, that gas cap was the find of the century for me. :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next