Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:37 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Take some pictures of thier new trans if they let you,since there isnt any on their web site.

Sorry, I didnt think to when I went and picked up my trans. I might be able to next time since I have to have them fix the IDIOT work they did. Got the trans home, set it down by the back of the car, looked for a minute, said a few choice words when I realized they PUT THE TOP SHAFT IN THE WRONG WAY!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
So now I have to take the trans back, have them pull the thing apart and fix it, geesh, this pisses me off. it took them close to 3 weeks to get it done the first time. Freakin idiots, I don't see how hard it is to remember which side of the case gets a freeze plug on the top shaft and which side the input shaft needs to come out of.

The project goes on......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:17 am 

Hows it going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:17 pm 

the frustration continues with this damn thing. the gears which i supplied (un)quality drive with were waaaaaaaaay too low (my fault), they put the trans at a ratio of 12:1 i topped out around 35mph with 25'' tires out back. big no no. i called (un) quality drive and kicked around a few ideas with Roy, the owner. he suggested that instead of going back to a different gear ratio in the trans, that i run a smaller secondary/driven clutch. he reccommended the comet 790 ($190 from them, not bad i thought) plus a shorter belt. he punched the nuymbers in his majic box and told me that with the 25'' tires i should be hitting 55mph@6500rpm. sounded good to me. said lets go. got parts "ordered" (notice the quotes). THREE WEEKS goes by and nothing. I am on vacation in Colorado, wife is at home, she says nothing has shown up yet. I check my credit card activity and discover that they have not charged me yet. I make a call today asking whats up, thinking they must have written down my info wrong. Talked to a DOUCHE who informed me that the parts are on order from comet and they have not heard from them yet. I get pretty steamed, but politely ask the DOUCHE to call comet, see what the hold up is, and call me back. He outright told me, "No, we only call them once a day and we already did today." That SET ME OFF! Curse words flew, the time frame of 3 weeks came out, the sum of the $500 I have spent with them came out, and the quality of their customer service was a topic, the fact that the owner made it sound like they had the parts IN STOCK ON THE SHELF and would ship them out ASAP was a topic as well. I told the DOUCHE that I have been dealing with them for several months and have had several transactions with them and have been EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED every time. I would honestly not recomend their services to anyone that is able to avoid them, they are terrible.

anyway, i havent even mentioned the fact that i am going to use 22'' paddles for sand, wonder how that will end up. I told the DOUCHE that we are going to pismo on july 16 and my parts better be in by then.

DDDDDRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:41 am 

nickRNR wrote:
the frustration continues with this damn thing. the gears which i supplied (un)quality drive with were waaaaaaaaay too low (my fault), they put the trans at a ratio of 12:1 i topped out around 35mph with 25'' tires out back. big no no. i called (un) quality drive and kicked around a few ideas with Roy, the owner. he suggested that instead of going back to a different gear ratio in the trans, that i run a smaller secondary/driven clutch. he reccommended the comet 790 ($190 from them, not bad i thought) plus a shorter belt. he punched the nuymbers in his majic box and told me that with the 25'' tires i should be hitting 55mph@6500rpm. sounded good to me. said lets go. got parts "ordered" (notice the quotes). THREE WEEKS goes by and nothing. I am on vacation in Colorado, wife is at home, she says nothing has shown up yet. I check my credit card activity and discover that they have not charged me yet. I make a call today asking whats up, thinking they must have written down my info wrong. Talked to a DOUCHE who informed me that the parts are on order from comet and they have not heard from them yet. I get pretty steamed, but politely ask the DOUCHE to call comet, see what the hold up is, and call me back. He outright told me, "No, we only call them once a day and we already did today." That SET ME OFF! Curse words flew, the time frame of 3 weeks came out, the sum of the $500 I have spent with them came out, and the quality of their customer service was a topic, the fact that the owner made it sound like they had the parts IN STOCK ON THE SHELF and would ship them out ASAP was a topic as well. I told the DOUCHE that I have been dealing with them for several months and have had several transactions with them and have been EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED every time. I would honestly not recomend their services to anyone that is able to avoid them, they are terrible.

anyway, i havent even mentioned the fact that i am going to use 22'' paddles for sand, wonder how that will end up. I told the DOUCHE that we are going to pismo on july 16 and my parts better be in by then.

DDDDDRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAA

WOW

12:1? hmm

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:46 pm 

Nick - Sorry to hear of you delays.

12:1 is pretty low - think mine is around 10:1
Originally had the bigger Comet clutch as well - That is why a Milestone I could catch up quickly but ran out of RPM to pass.

Per Harold and Roy the hot set up from the MTEG days was the bigger driven - short tight tracks needed acceleration vs top speed.

Also swapped to the 790 and it is faster.

But I do have a new 790 - and it comes with at race / dune ready car...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:17 am 

blue coyote wrote:

Originally had the bigger Comet clutch as well - That is why a Milestone I could catch up quickly but ran out of RPM to pass.

Per Harold and Roy the hot set up from the MTEG days was the bigger driven - short tight tracks needed acceleration vs top speed.

If I had the money, your H&R car would be in my garage! ha ha. I got in touch with Roy at QD again today, well, apparently they have the parts in stock after all, but they were not assembeled. He was going to put the 790 together tonight, ship it out tomorrow, and I should have it by thursday. Just makes me wonder, why didnt they know they had the parts there or why didnt they look for the parts in the first place? He looked up my order info and saw it was placed on June 10th and was like, "So this is the same order?" I said yes and he was pretty embarassed.

Roy said 12:1 with the 790 and 25'' tires should put the car at around 55mph with the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) turning 6500rpm. I believe fl350's and fl400's are also 10:1 which scares me because the 790 clutch is the same size as a stock fl350/fl400 clutch. I am gonna go ahead and try it out just to test the waters when we go to pismo, only thing is I will be running 22'' paddles, not 25''. I might just buy a set of 25'' or 26'' paddles later on depending on how the car feels at pismo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:57 am 

nickRNR wrote:
blue coyote wrote:

If I had the money, your H&R car would be in my garage! ha ha. I got in touch with Roy at QD again today, well, apparently they have the parts in stock after all, but they were not assembeled. He was going to put the 790 together tonight, ship it out tomorrow, and I should have it by thursday. Just makes me wonder, why didnt they know they had the parts there or why didnt they look for the parts in the first place? He looked up my order info and saw it was placed on June 10th and was like, "So this is the same order?" I said yes and he was pretty embarassed.

Roy said 12:1 with the 790 and 25'' tires should put the car at around 55mph with the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) turning 6500rpm. I believe fl350's and fl400's are also 10:1 which scares me because the 790 clutch is the same size as a stock fl350/fl400 clutch. I am gonna go ahead and try it out just to test the waters when we go to pismo, only thing is I will be running 22'' paddles, not 25''. I might just buy a set of 25'' or 26'' paddles later on depending on how the car feels at pismo.

Ask him what speed you would have if you used the series 500 driven

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:44 pm 

I just got back from a trip to Pismo/Oceano Dunes and the buggy was a handfull. Messed with the flat slides for a few hours until I gave up and went back to the round slides. Problem solved, buggy ran great except for being geared waaaaaay too low (like I anticipated). Still, I was having fun with it, Shoubadaba's pilot was still faster, but I think that is just a gearing issue. Ordered some 25-12/10 skat trak haulers for it today ($260 after tax and shipping). Didnt get to ride it a ton since I tore a cv boot and puked all the grease out, but I would say the car did pretty good. Had some issues with the camera, so didnt get a ton of photos, but I will put some up on another thread under riding trips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:24 pm 

EEE buggy update:

There have been a few issues lately that I have been working on, the main (or so I thought) one being the rear hubs. They slide on to the output shafts on the trans, they are splined, and are held in place by 4 set screws (which I never liked). Halloween we did a trip to Dumont and had tons of tuning issues, much frustration, and many cuss words. I finally got the tuning decent, went on a run, and the left rear hub pulled loose from the output shaft, the set screws did not hold. Losing power to the left rear wheel caused the buggy to shoot to the left every time I hit the gas, but I got it back to camp. The left hub and splined shaft lost about a quarter inch of their spline because it spun the end off as it slid off the shaft.

Got the buggy home, tore into the rear end, cleaned it, re-assembled it, and drilled a hold straight through the output shafts, ran a grade 8 bolt and nylock nut and it was fixed.

We just got back from a Glamis trip for thanksgiving, and after about an hour of jetting I found that “sweet spot” where it had tons of power and was giving a good color on the plugs. Wound up running a 330 main jet in the magneto side carb and a 320 jet in the clutch side carb. With the new 25 inch tires and the 790 driven clutch my buggy was faster than Rusty’s pilot by far! Ran the buggy not too hard, got several nice jumps on video as well (will get them on youtube), then Saturday we decided to run down to duner’s diner, which was a pretty long trip from keyhole off of gecko. Buggy ran good, but blew out a cv boot, so had to turn back. Got it back, fixed it, then Rusty and I went for a night run. Pushed our buggys pretty hard, had tons of fun, then in the middle of the dunes about half way to china wall my tranny blew again! Rusty went back to camp, but my RZR-S and towed me back.

Will have to pull tranny again, will have more info and pics on what failed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:34 pm 

sorry to hear about your experience with quality drive, roy usually takes care of the odyssey guys. Some of the other guys there don't seem to know too much. its hard to get roy on the phone sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:50 am 

Yeah, Roy seems to know what he is doing, even though he built my tranny backwards the first time! LOL

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:52 pm 

King Kx wrote:
Hoser,
My briggs and Brooks EEE are a half turn from lock to lock fyi.

I'm looking at 3/4 turn on the triple eee...
just watching down at the rack this only turns 270 degrees

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5