Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:11 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
I still cant get my pictures to work. It is the strangest thing. The pics taken with my older camera work just fine, but the pics taken with my newer camera will not upload for some reason. I can attach them to email and send them to people, but they wont upload. I have even tried swapping the chip into the old camera and loading them to my computer with the old camera, but the computer actually knows which camera took the pictures originally, and it will not work.
Anyway, I am having difficulty getting back in touch with Quality Drive. I ordered a gasket for the tranny cases which came pretty fast, but now I have decided to have them replace a few bearings that are shot as well as the seals on the input shaft and axle stub shafts, but I cant get in touch with them. I have left a few messages with no return calls. Kind of frustrated and stumped at this point.
I found out a few interisting facts recently. I was at pegasus hobbies last week and was talking with Mike Owen (called Big Mike), I have known him for around 4 years. Our conversation progressed and I told him of my EEE car, and he told me he used to race a Briggs car back in the hayday of stadium racing! He was telling me a few race stories and how he knew Bob Briggs and "the guy who did all the fab work" for the Briggs cars. He said his name was "Tony." I took a short pause and asked him what his last name was, Mike didnt know right off hand, so I asked him..."Is it Stone?"...He said yup, that was correct, funny thing is....TONY STONE IS MY UNCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have known him for all of the 29 years of my life, and i never knew that he was involved in stadium lites! I knew he was a welder who was into racing, currently he is on his buddy's crew that races 1/8th mile oval at Irwindale Speedway. You should have seen the look on Shoubadaba's face he heard Mike agree that Tony Stone was the dudes name!Easter is coming up in a few days and I will see my uncle then. Hopefully he will have some advice/information that will be useful in my conquest to get my car race ready. This should be an interisting Easter Sunday!

Look at your camera settings you probably are trying to upload a picture that was taken with 10MP (mega pixel) you will need to resize your pictures or take them with a different setting.

Here is some help on resizing the pics
viewtopic.php?t=3227&highlight=resize+pictures

Try sending me one pic by email I want to see how big they are.

I am sure we could make good use of your uncle maybe he will join the site so we can ask him a million questions? heh Ask him if he ever went to a race in Wisconsin with Bob Briggs, one race Briggs went to in WI he brought along a guy that did some welding for him just wonder if it was your uncle...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:02 pm 

I will ask him on sunday. I just learned another off the wall fact. My inlaws are actually neighbors with Bob Briggs! I told my father in law the story about how I learned my Uncle was his welder, and he began to talk about Bob like he knew him personally. So I asked if he did and sure enough, neighbors! What a coincidence! I might be paying him a friendly visit and asking a few choice questions as well!
Hoser, I will send you a few pics of what I got. My wife read your post (she knows more about what is going on with the pics than I do) and she doesnt think that is the problem, but hell, you never know. If you PM me your email I will send some pics.
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:20 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
I will ask him on sunday. I just learned another off the wall fact. My inlaws are actually neighbors with Bob Briggs! I told my father in law the story about how I learned my Uncle was his welder, and he began to talk about Bob like he knew him personally. So I asked if he did and sure enough, neighbors! What a coincidence! I might be paying him a friendly visit and asking a few choice questions as well!
Hoser, I will send you a few pics of what I got. My wife read your post (she knows more about what is going on with the pics than I do) and she doesnt think that is the problem, but hell, you never know. If you PM me your email I will send some pics.
Thanks

My email is pilot400@mchsi.com at the bottom of each post you should see a email button that is how you can email the person that typed out the reply.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:08 pm 

Got the picture issue figured out, thanks for the help Hoser. Here are a few pics of the day we brought the buggy home.

Attachments:
bringin er home 1.JPG
bringin er home 1.JPG [ 104.34 KiB | Viewed 1768 times ]
bringin er home 2.JPG
bringin er home 2.JPG [ 240.15 KiB | Viewed 1671 times ]
bringin er home 3.JPG
bringin er home 3.JPG [ 94.75 KiB | Viewed 1767 times ]
bringin er home 4.JPG
bringin er home 4.JPG [ 94.29 KiB | Viewed 1767 times ]
bringin er home 5.JPG
bringin er home 5.JPG [ 87.55 KiB | Viewed 1767 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:11 pm 

Now here are some pics of the removal process of the tranny. Hopefully I will be able to get in touch with Quality Drive soon and get some service deals worked out.

Attachments:
removal1.JPG
removal1.JPG [ 95.52 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]
removal2.JPG
removal2.JPG [ 71.92 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]
removal3.JPG
removal3.JPG [ 76.91 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]
removal4.JPG
removal4.JPG [ 71.99 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]
removal5.JPG
removal5.JPG [ 78.17 KiB | Viewed 1534 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:13 pm 

more

Attachments:
removal6.JPG
removal6.JPG [ 75.86 KiB | Viewed 1530 times ]
removal7.JPG
removal7.JPG [ 84.79 KiB | Viewed 1530 times ]
removal8.JPG
removal8.JPG [ 80.95 KiB | Viewed 1530 times ]
removal9.JPG
removal9.JPG [ 63.93 KiB | Viewed 1530 times ]
removal10.JPG
removal10.JPG [ 90.55 KiB | Viewed 1530 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:14 pm 

last one

Attachments:
removal11.JPG
removal11.JPG [ 88.84 KiB | Viewed 1529 times ]
removal12.JPG
removal12.JPG [ 66.22 KiB | Viewed 1529 times ]
removal13.JPG
removal13.JPG [ 90.95 KiB | Viewed 1529 times ]
removal14.JPG
removal14.JPG [ 100.82 KiB | Viewed 1529 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:18 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
last one

Chain drive is for reverse?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:09 pm 

Yes, when Shoubadaba and I took the trans apart, we were kind of suprised at that too. Reverse is chain driven, and is identical to the chain drive stuff from the spare tranny. We will pretty much use all the gears from the spare trans and the chain drive stuff to freshen this trans back up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:38 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
Yes, when Shoubadaba and I took the trans apart, we were kind of suprised at that too. Reverse is chain driven, and is identical to the chain drive stuff from the spare tranny. We will pretty much use all the gears from the spare trans and the chain drive stuff to freshen this trans back up.

Remember the chain when your slamming it into reverse in the future :shock: I am sure you will be ok if you don't abuse it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:39 pm 

You hit the mini buggy/stadium lite fabrication/design/setup jack pot!

Good luck,ask as many question as you can without peeing-him off.

Thanks for the pics also,i love looking at this stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:24 am 

So I talked to my Uncle yesterday at the Easter family gathering. Turns out he did all the building and fabrication on the Gen3 cars. He also built the Gen4 cars that were slightly bigger. If anyone is interisted, he also was the person who built the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) on yellowdog's website that has the custom water cooled cylinder and two spark plug head...
http://www.yellowdogracing.com/Gen4.htm
I asked him to take a look at my EEE car and he said he would check it out (after he told me to ditch it and get a Briggs car! ha ha, I would if I could, but fat chance of that).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:45 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
So I talked to my Uncle yesterday at the Easter family gathering. Turns out he did all the building and fabrication on the Gen3 cars. He also built the Gen4 cars that were slightly bigger. If anyone is interisted, he also was the person who built the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) on yellowdog's website that has the custom water cooled cylinder and two spark plug head...
http://www.yellowdogracing.com/Gen4.htm
I asked him to take a look at my EEE car and he said he would check it out (after he told me to ditch it and get a Briggs car! ha ha, I would if I could, but fat chance of that).

Prod him for details on that Engine build please...

Will he join the site and answer questions we would love to have him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:35 pm 

I can get info on motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I really doubt that he will join website, but I will ask. I don't think he even has an email address. I know it had a yz490 piston, kawasaki reeds, pretty much just what yellowdog said about it. I am going to ask him to come up this week some time and check out my EEE ride, shoubadaba will be there as well asking questions and what not. Will see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:55 pm 

This just keeps getting better!

Is your other uncle Bob Briggs?

Video tape everything he says and post the whole video on here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:04 pm 

My other uncle isn't Bob, but Bob is my in-law's neighbor! Found that tid bit out a few days ago too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:15 pm 

Any news Nick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:17 pm 

Project is sort of stalled for a bit. Shouabdaba dropped my trans off at Quality Drive since he works near them. They are replacing the 2 lower bearings, all 3 seals (input shaft seal, 2 lower seals), and doing the assembly work. They have not called me with a price quote as of yet, I will wait until tomorrow and then give them a call and see whats up. After that is taken care of and the trans is back in the car, I will move to working on the rear shocks and getting something figured out. I also got a set of ITP and douglas wheels for the car, I just need some new front dirt tires since i gashed my sidewall up at Johnson Valley a while back. Might try out some ITP fronts, I want something that will grab and help the car steer since the front is so light and the car pushes so much. I might even go with an ITP holeshot for the rear in the future, they seem to be the tire of choice for racing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:35 pm 

The motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) you have is from a 1982 to 1984 John Deere Liquifier, I have the same motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) I pulled from my Sled. I also have john deeres peformance clutch for it. Word of advice, parts are extremely rare. Jetting is different from mag side to pto side in the carbs. I have the service manual for that motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) as well.
Make sure there is oil in the gearcase side, there is a site plug, but it most likely would be hard to see mounted in your buggy.
I put my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in a homebuilt buggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:22 am 

New EEE is looking good Nick!

I had to put on 23x7 ITP holeshots to get the H&R car to steer - and even so it does not steer well.
First time I drove it the car was impossible to drive.

The trick I learned was to slide the azz end in the corners to make it turn.

CHeck your PM regarding tires.

Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:02 am 

Geargrind wrote:
The motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) you have is from a 1982 to 1984 John Deere Liquifier, I have the same motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) I pulled from my Sled. I also have john deeres peformance clutch for it. Word of advice, parts are extremely rare. Jetting is different from mag side to pto side in the carbs. I have the service manual for that motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) as well.
Make sure there is oil in the gearcase side, there is a site plug, but it most likely would be hard to see mounted in your buggy.
I put my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in a homebuilt buggy.

Thanks for the tip! I will check the oil ASAP! Jetting is always fun, especially with 2 cylinders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:03 am 

blue coyote wrote:
New EEE is looking good Nick!

I had to put on 23x7 ITP holeshots to get the H&R car to steer - and even so it does not steer well.
First time I drove it the car was impossible to drive.

The trick I learned was to slide the azz end in the corners to make it turn.

CHeck your PM regarding tires.

Ken

Thanks Ken, good to hear from you again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:56 am 

So this is what I helped you fund!! lol

Nice work, that looks like a load of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:34 am 

Going to pick up trans today, cant wait! $200 total, not bad, they replaced the 2 lower bearings, all seals and plugs, and did the assembly work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:17 pm 

Take some pictures of thier new trans if they let you,since there isnt any on their web site.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next