Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:54 pm 

I really enjoyed riding my last FL350 but man it seamed like it consumed me time wise. Some of you guys might remember it was the John Deer green monster. Well just after I finished it and got my new snazzy motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) back together for the second time (30 min and a nice hole in a piston) a divorce happened and I sold it. So I have know about the location of one for a long time but couldnt ever get to it or the guy was not around to sell it when I was. So the other day my friend calls and say hey come get that dune buggy for cheap because he thinks it is missing some stuff. Well I couldnt get over there fast enough. What is sad is that when the guy was around and in a shop I helped him aquire it and it was all there almost every last piece. Might have been missing some odds and ends but less then 5 parts. motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) top end was torn down and the cylinder had been bored and new piston and ring came with it. Well fast forward 6 years and three moves later (he got deported back to Isreal), and it has a laundry list of missing parts. The list is as follows of stuff it needs or is missing. Carb, cylinder with reeds, head, CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition), Rectifier, coil with cap, battery box, battery, cable/airbox holder, airbox, key, gas cap, new stearing rods(current are bent), drive belt and seatbelts. All price out on Ebay for about 1k or so. After my last one I kinda decided I would not own anything that required this much maintanaince but really I guess that was just because of the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) rebuild with the porting, water cooled head, radiator etc etc and then pulling it apart again. Not really sold on the water cooling either if kept close to stock. So what do you guys think. Sell it and make a good amount of dough on Ebay or build it. I have kinda always wanted a Pilot but after the works shocks on my last one it really rode nice. On a side note I have not talked ot my buddy Randy at OS yet for a parts total from him I am sure he misses me. LOL

Attachments:
Oddy and bike stuff 001.jpg
Oddy and bike stuff 001.jpg [ 837 KiB | Viewed 410 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:55 pm 

The Green beast

Attachments:
jasons_toys_2_00018.jpg
jasons_toys_2_00018.jpg [ 50.92 KiB | Viewed 523 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:58 pm 

another. Notice the nice aluminum firewall with air damns?? Hose came off my radiator once. NOT a nice feeling.

Attachments:
jasons_toys_2_00014.jpg
jasons_toys_2_00014.jpg [ 82.39 KiB | Viewed 522 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:08 pm 

Nice, I thought I had the only green 350 in existence. I say build, maintenance time is always fun time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:56 pm 

I remember you and your John Deere green 350, still have copies of those pictures on my computer too. I say build it also! If you are not in a huge rush, shop ebay for a few months. Chances are good you can get most everything you need and usually for a decent price too. What you are missing, members here might sell you parts or Randy at OS probably has.

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:02 pm 

The list is as follows of stuff it needs or is missing. Carb, cylinder with reeds, head, CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition), Rectifier, coil with cap, battery box, battery, cable/airbox holder, airbox, key, gas cap, new stearing rods(current are bent), drive belt and seatbelts.

Like I said I found it all on Ebay about 1k but sometimes they are high. Not sure I would water cool this one and might go a little tamer. There comes a point when you have to much HP for the original design. LOL

I was amazed at how straight the frame is. The top has a nit of a dip on a front corner but the rest looks great. I remeber when I bought the last one it had had two of the side bars replaced and bent J arms on one side. I told my wife I cold use her KFX700R as a donor. She uh told me what I could do with my thought. HEHEHE. She did say the buggy would look good pink.

I use to call Randy at OS and he knew by my voice who it was. That first one was a mess at first. The guy that bought it was in KS. I wonder if Randy has seen it since.