Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:50 pm 

My bro's Engine blew the same day I blew my Engine in my FL. He wants his trike blacked out so today I started the tear down.

Here are some pics of the progress.

I tried the wire wheel on the frame and here are some pics:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:59 pm 

like a kid in a candy store with the new toys/tools LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:03 am 

Fudge the wire wheel!! I went out today and bought a sand blaster!! Best 20 I have spent yet!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:01 pm 

Those were a real nice fun light trail machine, glad to see one being restored!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:30 pm 

hoser wrote:
Those were a real nice fun light trail machine, glad to see one being restored!

hey stranger! How's the vacation treating you?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:50 pm 

UPDATE:

I have run into some problems with the swingarm. The bolt that holds it on has frozen up. I tried everything!! Heat, oil and beating the snot out of it. NOTHING WORKED.

On the ATC forum I am in they said to break out the sawzall and I finally got it part. Now the next project is getting the bearings out which are frozen solid as well. Ah the joys and fustrations of our projects!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:34 pm 

brandonsharksfan wrote:
UPDATE:

I have run into some problems with the swingarm. The bolt that holds it on has frozen up. I tried everything!! Heat, oil and beating the snot out of it. NOTHING WORKED.

On the ATC forum I am in they said to break out the sawzall and I finally got it part. Now the next project is getting the bearings out which are frozen solid as well. Ah the joys and fustrations of our projects!

been through the same thing on my 83 250r .. they say to put some good anti-seize lube on them so that wont happen again. I have a 200x also and its been a blast so far and super reliable.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:21 pm 

any updates on this?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:27 am 

Wow I can't believe it's been so long since I tore this bike down.

After getting the Oddy running I jumped into this bike.

If all goes well I will be installing the Engine and wheel bearings. I have a little bit of painting left but I will post pics of the progress!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:27 am 

brandonsharksfan wrote:
Wow I can't believe it's been so long since I tore this bike down.

After getting the Oddy running I jumped into this bike.

If all goes well I will be installing the Engine and wheel bearings. I have a little bit of painting left but I will post pics of the progress!

Man its been over 2 yrs!! :shock:
Lets go man :-)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:01 am 

Yeah lets get with it, hopefully someone has not thrown away that "bag of bolts" you will need to complete this project :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:18 am 

I have the same bike. When I take the rear caliper off and try to open the caliper it is stuck and will not move. I took the bango bolt out and used C-clamp and it will not move. But when I put it all back togather with old pads the brakes work.

I followed what the manual told me to do with no luck. If it was froze it would not work at all right?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:41 am 

bighead wrote:
I have the same bike. When I take the rear caliper off and try to open the caliper it is stuck and will not move. I took the bango bolt out and used C-clamp and it will not move. But when I put it all back togather with old pads the brakes work.

I followed what the manual told me to do with no luck. If it was froze it would not work at all right?

Yeah that sounds right to me. If there is pad left on them and they are not dragging on the rotor then you are good!

I'm about to do the same for the from brakes. I just got the pads in today. I was in the garage just now trying to get the screws out so I could put in new fluid. FROZEN of course. New project!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:52 am 

brandonsharksfan wrote:
bighead wrote:

Yeah that sounds right to me. If there is pad left on them and they are not dragging on the rotor then you are good!

I'm about to do the same for the from brakes. I just got the pads in today. I was in the garage just now trying to get the screws out so I could put in new fluid. FROZEN of course. New project!

I have a hair left of pads. Let me know how you get the piston loose.

Here is my bike. After years and years having ATC's. I fiinaly got a clean one. All original but the tires. Even original seat cover.The tank is near perfect as well with no dents. I had to change out the swingarm and axle though. PO tore them up real bad at the bearing races.

Attachments:
DSC07397.JPG
DSC07397.JPG [ 84.16 KiB | Viewed 1323 times ]
DSC07401.JPG
DSC07401.JPG [ 79.98 KiB | Viewed 1323 times ]
DSC07410.JPG
DSC07410.JPG [ 85.38 KiB | Viewed 1323 times ]
DSC07826.JPG
DSC07826.JPG [ 77.33 KiB | Viewed 1323 times ]
DSC07408.JPG
DSC07408.JPG [ 34 KiB | Viewed 1323 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:04 pm 

Here she is as of today:

The broken hip set me back afew weeks but I'm back in the garage!

Just a few more things left to do. Order an air filter. Order a chain, I installed an extend swing arm so I can't order the stock length. Lastly, fit the exhaust. Ordered a DG and this thing is not ever close to fitting!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:10 pm 

A Kawasaki green 200x
I like it !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:09 am 

Do the caliper piston screw in maybe?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:50 pm 

davidafco wrote:
Do the caliper piston screw in maybe?

Frozen solid! I even tried an impact driver and it just stripped it.

Luckily I was able to fit in new pads and get it working.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:26 am 

I am still stuck on my caliper being frozen as well. So was your caliper doing the same as mine by not being able to press the piston in but still working on the bike? I cannot figure out how the piston will not go in (frozen) but still works on the bike. It's like it frozen only from compressing.

The manual tells you to press it in not screw in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:57 am 

bighead wrote:
I am still stuck on my caliper being frozen as well. So was your caliper doing the same as mine by not being able to press the piston in but still working on the bike? I cannot figure out how the piston will not go in (frozen) but still works on the bike. It's like it frozen only from compressing.

My piston pressed in. I used a vice and a socket and it went in. I was talking about the screw that's covered by the rubber cap. So that part of my caliper is frozen. Vice or C-clamp the piston in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 am 

Having issues ordering the chain!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:36 am 

brandonsharksfan wrote:
bighead wrote:

My piston pressed in. I used a vice and a socket and it went in. I was talking about the screw that's covered by the rubber cap. So that part of my caliper is frozen. Vice or C-clamp the piston in.

Looks like I will have to take my caliper off the bike and give the vice a try then. Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:21 am 

On the calipier issues your having the calipier has a parking break that is cable actavated by the clutch lever when engauged. There is a screw that can be turned in on the calipier just like the pilot to keep it adjusted and working. As you turn in the screw to keep your parking break adjusted it will keep the calipier from bieng pushed back untill the screw is turned out. IF for some reason the screw has been removed and ran with out it the hole can be full of debris not allowing the calipier to be pushed open fully. The parkng brake has a worm gear head that does turn into the back of the calipier under the rubber cap this is what the bolt srews into. If the worm gear part is screwed in to tight ist will also lock up the calipier and keep teh cup from returning to full open. A combonation of too tight of worm gear and to tight of adjustment bolt will cause your issue. Hope I read and understood your issue correctly if not correct me.

Yes your project has a kawie look to it It will for sure brig about some onlookers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 pm 

Thanks for the info. With this info I think I can figure it out now.

I did take the bango bolt parking brake thingy out but did not look under the rubber cap.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:39 am 

Here she is:

Profile E-mail