Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1990 Pilot
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:37 am 

Well, looks like I am selling the EEE car for sure after it is finished. Wife and I just bought a 1990 pilot today. I went to Bert's Mega Mall 2 days ago and scoped it out, they had 3 of them there. One on consignment and WAY over priced!!!! The owner wants $8200 and it is not that clean. There was another 1989 Pilot that was in good shape, but the cage was bent pretty bad and it needed some other fixes. Lets focus on the one I actually did buy...

1990 pilot, V-Force reeds, ATV torque pipe, stock carb and clutch, tested cylinder at 130psi before I agreed to buy it, seatbelt looks brand new, seat is in excellent shape, all lights work, parking brake works, cage is ever so slightly bent to the right, but I can live with it, it has been rolled (but hey, havent they all), it has 24'' 9 scoop paddles which I think are a bit too much, I will be looking for some douglas front wheels since the stock ones don't agree with me. I will also need dirt tires/wheels in the future since it only came with sand tires. I plan to take off the whole cage and paint it since the down tubes are pretty faded and the cage has an area where the paint scraped off from when it rolled.

All in all, I feel like I got a good deal at $5800 out the door. The sale of the EEE car will pay most of that, taxes will cover the rest. I am excited!

Attachments:
0219001612.jpg
0219001612.jpg [ 218.9 KiB | Viewed 1190 times ]
0219001612a.jpg
0219001612a.jpg [ 225.8 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
0219001612c.jpg
0219001612c.jpg [ 221.83 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
0219001613.jpg
0219001613.jpg [ 225.1 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
0219001613a.jpg
0219001613a.jpg [ 216.35 KiB | Viewed 1190 times ]
0221001212.jpg
0221001212.jpg [ 175.08 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:38 am 

more

Attachments:
0221001320.jpg
0221001320.jpg [ 225.67 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
0221001320a.jpg
0221001320a.jpg [ 240.79 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
0221001320b.jpg
0221001320b.jpg [ 235.76 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
0221001321.jpg
0221001321.jpg [ 246.69 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
0221001321b.jpg
0221001321b.jpg [ 179.46 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
24 inch 9 scoop paddles!!!.jpg
24 inch 9 scoop paddles!!!.jpg [ 147.58 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:39 am 

more

Attachments:
left rear fender.jpg
left rear fender.jpg [ 191.54 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
missing reflector.jpg
missing reflector.jpg [ 209.94 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
seatbelt instructions.jpg
seatbelt instructions.jpg [ 143.6 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]
V-Force reeds.jpg [81.33 KiB]
Downloaded 366 times

Post subject: 1990 Pilot
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:43 am 

Congratulations on the pilot, looks like a very cool place that you got it from.

Have fun and good for you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 am 

congrats
I didnt know a pilot would fit into the back of a pickup :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 am 

I have a decent pair of aluminum rims I could trade for the stockers!
I can send you some pic's today! Congrats on the pilot, I am sad about all your bad luck with the eee...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:32 am 

Nice

Welcome to the club!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:21 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I have a decent pair of aluminum rims I could trade for the stockers!
I can send you some pic's today! Congrats on the pilot, I am sad about all your bad luck with the eee...

Thanks guys, I am really excited about this pilot.

Turbo, I think I am going to keep the stock wheels for dirt tires, but would you want to sell the aluminum wheels? And yeah, I will be sad to see the EEE car go, and I know who ever gets it after me will enjoy it, and it will probably run great for them since it will have a new motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), I think I was just ready for a pilot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:38 pm 

Congrats!!!!!!!! lets see if my math is correct nickRNR+Ody+1.8 years+EEE+8 months=Pilot, So that means Revolt in 1.3 to 2 years?............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 pm 

Thanks man! Yeah, I was shootin for a revolt this time around, but that would have meant that we would have had to sell the YFZ and Steph would have been upset, so I got the pilot. Rusty and I took the cage off today and did some tinkering. He is going to paint it and get it ready, we are making that trip to Glamis on march 20th (i made a thread for it) so that will be its maiden voyage. You should try to go!

Turbo, I was thinking, do you have any use for stock steel fl350 rear wheels? I have a set and was wondering if you would want to trade them for the aluminum fronts you mentioned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 pm 

Maybe! It's funny, the ODY fronts will fit both FL350 and a pilot... The Pilot rears will fit both 350 and pilot!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:37 pm 

congrats looks like its in pretty good shape. I wonder if they added those top lights? funny that two in the pics both had them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:47 am 

Sunblock wrote:
congrats looks like its in pretty good shape. I wonder if they added those top lights? funny that two in the pics both had them.

yeah, those lights on the roof looked pretty poorly done, so they came off. i will make brackets and mount them on the spot where the upper front tubes bolts to the top of the cage. the 2 pilots that had the roof lights were supposedly owned by the owner of the shop where i bought them, they had the same exact wheel and tire combo, same pipe, same lights, etc... Rusty and i pulled the cage and down tubes today, he is pretty good at paint work so he offered to paint them for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:48 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
Maybe! It's funny, the ODY fronts will fit both FL350 and a pilot... The Pilot rears will fit both 350 and pilot!!!

yup, but the ody rears will not fit a pilot rear, different backspacing, they hit the uprights, the bolts on the control arms, just about everything. sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:43 am 

I would like to I just have to much going on trying to build my house I should be back out riding next year.

nickRNR wrote:
Thanks man! Yeah, I was shootin for a revolt this time around, but that would have meant that we would have had to sell the YFZ and Steph would have been upset, so I got the pilot. Rusty and I took the cage off today and did some tinkering. He is going to paint it and get it ready, we are making that trip to Glamis on march 20th (i made a thread for it) so that will be its maiden voyage. You should try to go!

Turbo, I was thinking, do you have any use for stock steel fl350 rear wheels? I have a set and was wondering if you would want to trade them for the aluminum fronts you mentioned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:13 am 

afastcar wrote:
I would like to I just have to much going on trying to build my house I should be back out riding next year.

nickRNR wrote:

New place going to have a shop? OR is it going to be a shop with living quarters :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:01 am 

hoser wrote:
afastcar wrote:

nickRNR wrote:

New place going to have a shop? OR is it going to be a shop with living quarters :-)

Shop, Shop, Shop is all I can think about it will have a full bath so you never know................... Im going to finish it first then the house :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 am 

afastcar wrote:
hoser wrote:
afastcar wrote:

nickRNR wrote:

Shop, Shop, Shop is all I can think about it will have a full bath so you never know................... Im going to finish it first then the house :-)

Sweet, you going to be able to ride out of the back yard?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:50 am 

sounds cool, any pics of the progress?

going to do the coolant bypass on the pilot's carb today, then check to see what jets are in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:57 am 

hoser wrote:
afastcar wrote:
hoser wrote:
afastcar wrote:

nickRNR wrote:

Sweet, you going to be able to ride out of the back yard?

your not aloud to ride in city limits but I boarder the reservation so I think I can sneak onto the res (just don't get caught they will take your ride)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:00 pm 

nickRNR wrote:

Sorry to hijack your thread, I closed on the land and now Im getting the prints finalized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 pm 

afastcar wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

Sorry to hijack your thread, I closed on the land and now Im getting the prints finalized.

I have put some thought into building a metal building and then just including a 2 bedroom apartment into it somewhere! A lot cheaper than a house AND a garage...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:09 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
afastcar wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

I have put some thought into building a metal building and then just including a 2 bedroom apartment into it somewhere! A lot cheaper than a house AND a garage...

I been wanting to build a retirement shack actually 2 of them so I can split up where I live depending on weather, basically a metal building large enough to pull a RV into, the building would have a over sized full bathroom and laundry room the rest of the building would be a great room with bunch of windows in the great room, the RV would be used for a kitchen and for sleeping the rest of the time would be spent in the other parts of the building, get tired of being their move the RV across country to the other one and pull it inside..

Get much further off topic here I will have to split the topic lol

Sorry..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 1990 Pilot
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:31 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
it has 24'' 9 scoop paddles which I think are a bit too much,

I've got some 22" rear paddle tires on Douglas red label rims. I've always wanted to swap them for 24"s. If you want, you can give mine a try. If you like 'em, maybe we can work out a trade...

Post subject: Re: 1990 Pilot
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:57 pm 

MrClean wrote:
nickRNR wrote:
it has 24'' 9 scoop paddles which I think are a bit too much,

I've got some 22" rear paddle tires on Douglas red label rims. I've always wanted to swap them for 24"s. If you want, you can give mine a try. If you like 'em, maybe we can work out a trade...

I will keep that in mind. I also have a set of kenda dune runner 22'' paddles, but they are kinda hammered. I want to run these and see how I like them. don't know if it makes a huge difference, but the pilot does have a ATV Racing hand laid torque pipe, so maybe the previous owner was thinkin taller tires with a torquier power band?