Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:05 am 

Thanks AK. I adjusted my float and i think i have the fuel problem fixed. Only time will tell. I just wasn't sure what the heck those sensors were for.

I got it mostly wrapped up, minus some parts i am waiting on from Works. I have a quick running video. It sounds pretty good i think. I just neeed to get out and ride! Works said my shock parts should be in this week, and then i have to wait for them to arrive. My goal for completion was for spring break. and next week is finals week and the week after that is spring break. I did pretty good at keeping to my goal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:10 am 

Maiden voyage set for tomorrow....hope the weather somewhat cooperates! Got my Auto meter gauge setup and working. I cant wait to ride!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:06 am 

The first ride... good luck... it sounds real good...
I hope u get a chance to take some vid...
Don't get her too dirty...
Regards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:39 pm 

If only you guys could see the smile on my face, besides the water pump that was cavitated and the temp shot way up, got that fixed and she goes like hell. Man o man I am happy as hell. I didn't realize how nic it would be. Runs constant @ 150 degreese and the fan never kicked on(only when water wassnt circulating). God I'm happy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:54 pm 

It is so great to see the fruits of the labor...
Congrats my friend...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:35 am 

Well, no video... i was much to busy riding. Great test for this rig.. pretty much rode it all day. Mud, gravel, grass, large puddles, you name it. This thing is not all pretty n shiny anymore lol. I went through about 8 gallons of gas. Had a blast, this thing is definitely much more fun than a stock 350 any day. I had my phone GPS on and it got to 70MPH. I think i could have bettered that if i had more room to keep on the throttle. And to make things better, the jetting seems to be spot on. plugs looked awesome. I couldnt be happier.

Although since this thing went without a hitch, there had to be somthing breaking today. On the way home my pickup felt like it lost the alternator. Turned out the sense wire or whatever jsut came unplugged. Got lucky there!

Here is a pic after a day of riding. Most of the white is now brown :P

Attachments:
IMG_20110319_183406.jpg
IMG_20110319_183406.jpg [ 894.21 KiB | Viewed 3615 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:18 pm 

Glad you had a good day... 70 mph is quite fast... how do you like the rear tires?
do they hook and turn well?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:10 am 

go oddy wrote:
Glad you had a good day... 70 mph is quite fast... how do you like the rear tires?
do they hook and turn well?

I love the rears. They look badass and seem to work quite well too. On the gravel road it would spin alot..pretty much all it did lol. On a grass/dirt pasture it hooked up great and seemed to be like a damn rocket. Seemed to do fine through mud and water as well. never once was stuck and was in some pretty soupy spots.

If by turn well you mean the turning radius, i noticed that on this one it was much better than my other ody. I don't know exactly why, but i could turn a fairly tight circle with this. not the best, but better.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:23 pm 

Thank you for the tire info... Yes by turn I meant (do they hook so well that the front end just pushes...) but it sounds as if that is not an issue...
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:52 am 

Taked to Tim at works today, got my parts for the rear shock coming as well as the parts to mount my front shocks. looking forward to the ride with new shocks.

Now one thing i have been pondering is a tachometer. I have seen the TTO Tach but i am kinda looking for something like a round gauge for the roll bar to go along with the Autometer temp gauge i installed. ive been looking but havent found quite what i am looking for, i don't even know if they make such a thing..

This weekend i am going to take it out for another ride hopefully. cant wait.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:20 am 

Here is a small Sun Pro Tach you might be interested in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sunpro-2 ... 0439332951" ."..

Here's the same thing in white.

http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDispl ... =SNPCP7904

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:15 am 

I had found a tach like those, but was unsure if they would work on the setup that i have? Everything i see says for 4, 6 or 8 cylinders and i don't know if that matters or not. And if they will work, do i just tap into the wire that goes to the coil for the Engine? I was just looking at this manual for an auto meter tach for reference. http://www.autometer.com/productPDF/1076B.pdf Im just sort of confused because of the way the factory sled tach was wired into the system.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 am 

I have read on the ATV forums that this has been done with a single cylinder 2 stroke with the tach set on the 4 cylinder setting but couldn't find anything for a 2 cylinder.

Call Sun Pro and ask. I sure someone has had to have tried this already.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:52 pm 

I have used an harley davidson tach on my kids 110 four stroke motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I am not sure what year, but it was farely cheap on ebay. Also, I think if you search under odyknuck's postings, I believe he mentioned using one as well...hope this helps....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:26 pm 

Weekend 2 this weekend, and still running great. Only one issue i have been having is that the rear brake will get hot and gradually lock up. What would be causing this?

I even managed to get my sister into my stock odyssey. she was a bit scared at first, but after a while she had a blast!

Attachments:
209943_10150461234295722_784450721_17989693_7290715_o.jpg
209943_10150461234295722_784450721_17989693_7290715_o.jpg [ 517.93 KiB | Viewed 3530 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:26 pm 

1.) Make sure you do not have the brake adjusted too tight. If it is too tight the pads will rub the disk continually and quickly overheat.
2.) Check to see what condition your disk and pads are in.
3.) Make sure your emergency brake cable is allowing your parking brake to release completely.

When you are braking you need to use more front brakes. 60% or more of your stopping force should be in the front end.

Could it be due to overuse from trying to stop that bad boy? :-)

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:02 am 

I think maybe i have the rear breaks too tight, i may have been trying to get them to work better than they actually are supposed to work. I guess when i get home from school i will adjust and go from there. Bushings for my front works shocks should be in by then to. With just the rears the ride was night and day better than the stock shocks, i just cant immagine what it will be like with all works shocks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 pm 

I got the parts to install my front works shocks, but i am confused with the way that they mount.

on the top there is a flanged bushing that goes inside of the rubber bushing, and how is the bottom mounted? Tim at works sent me 2 rubber bushings and then a metal eye thing but only one. was i supposed to get 2? and are they pressed in?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:52 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
I think maybe i have the rear breaks too tight, i may have been trying to get them to work better than they actually are supposed to work. I guess when i get home from school i will adjust and go from there. Bushings for my front works shocks should be in by then to. With just the rears the ride was night and day better than the stock shocks, i just cant immagine what it will be like with all works shocks

on the rear brake
make sure that your slider bolts are not binding or rusted up #18 and boot #19

speedchaser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:23 pm 

Okay, I figured out whyat the eye was for.. it was for the top of the rear shock. That's why there was only one. Still, I am confused because the bushings for the lowetr shock bolt is way too big, and there is no flange washer to take up the extra space.

Speed, they aren't hung up. When I assembled the brake I cleaned up the slider bolts really well and made sure everything waqs able to move freely.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:02 pm 

Talked to Tim from works today. no wonder i couldn't find the mounting hardware for the bottom of the front shocks.. i didn't get them! What a great guy he is tho, said he would just pop the parts in an envelope and send them my way since i had to wait so long to get my rear shock kit. Definitely going to have to buy a set of shocks for my other 350 in the future. Cant wait to go for a ride with front works shocks as well! It was night and day difference with just the rears.

Ive also decided that i am not going to put a tach on it just yet. not really something that is a high priority and since summer is coming i don't want to tear it down and do some more wiring. Maybe that is a next winter project. I ended up finding a skid plate for it from ebay as well, paid $15 for it. At the same time i bought a part for my other 350 from the same seller. Bought a left front suspension set (j arms and spindle) to replace the buggered up bottom ball joint.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:25 am 

Been a while since i updated this project. This week i finally got my front works shocks installed but have yet to take it for a ride with them, hopefully tomorrow. I also found a skidplate on ebay for $15. I had it sandblasted and i think i am going to get it coated with some of that truck bedliner material. I think that that would hold up quite a bit better than a $3 can of paint.

I am still having an issue with the flywheel side carb. If i let it sit for even a minute or two after i have had the Engine running, you can see the fuel start to pool in the carb and it will eventually completely flood the cylinder. I have tried adjusting the float slightly but that didnt seem to help. When i have the carb out and am blowing into the fuel line to the carb i can feel it completely cut off the flow when the carb is upside down. Is there something else that i need to check? or are my floats still not adjusted right? I have checked the floats themselves and they appear to be fine, they arent full of fuel or anything. Do you think it would be a good idea to go ahead and rebuild the carbs? if so, is there any wayt to tell the carb that i have? I know they are mikunis but that is about it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:17 am 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
Been a while since i updated this project. This week i finally got my front works shocks installed but have yet to take it for a ride with them, hopefully tomorrow. I also found a skidplate on ebay for $15. I had it sandblasted and i think i am going to get it coated with some of that truck bedliner material. I think that that would hold up quite a bit better than a $3 can of paint.

I am still having an issue with the flywheel side carb. If i let it sit for even a minute or two after i have had the Engine running, you can see the fuel start to pool in the carb and it will eventually completely flood the cylinder. I have tried adjusting the float slightly but that didnt seem to help. When i have the carb out and am blowing into the fuel line to the carb i can feel it completely cut off the flow when the carb is upside down. Is there something else that i need to check? or are my floats still not adjusted right? I have checked the floats themselves and they appear to be fine, they arent full of fuel or anything. Do you think it would be a good idea to go ahead and rebuild the carbs? if so, is there any wayt to tell the carb that i have? I know they are mikunis but that is about it.

may need to change the need and seat with the fuel tank above the carburetors
or you have a bad one on that side

speed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:33 am 

Well a few more pages of random got lost after the hack. To bring this back up ill add some videos from today. Finally got a gopro. Hope to hit the dunes next weekend!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 am 

Awesomeness!!!!!

cue the " I wanna ride" commercials.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next