Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:51 am 

i Suggest leaving it "wet" until you have the rings seated! About a tank of gas!
Then... Did you just kill the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) after you came to a stop? Or did you do a WOT (Wide Open Throttle) plug chop?

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:
I ran it for a few minutes and when I pulled the plug it was really wet. So I am wondering if the 185 jet will be way to big? I also did a compression test to just get an idea of what it was. I know it wasn't hot let alone enough time for the rings to seet but it had 140lbs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:52 am 

Plus if you're going to be in the dunes, always go up a jet size because of the extra load! That's up a size from normal jetting!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:14 am 

No I haven't taken it out and rode it yet. Just sitting in the garage doing the two 15 minute break ins. I will pull it out. To finish it up. I was runnin the 185 with the shaved head and so now with speedchaser head I imaging that's going to be really fat.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:22 pm 

Ok, So I would like to wrap up this project post by saying that the Dumont trip was a success. I was able to keep the new pilot all stock and didn't need to re jet it. as for the other one. I took RNRNicks advice and jumped straight to my biggest jet. a 200 Never once fouled a plug. Kinda wishing i would have just so I could say yes its too much and worked my way back down. But......It didn't blow up and I'm happy about that. Big, Big Thanks to all who chimed in and gave there 2 cents all the way up to advice that should have been paid WELL for. You guys are great! As for my screen name, I don't believe in bad luck, Ju-Ju or what ever ya wanna call it, LOL I have way to many toys and Know I will blow something else up.....just hopefully not anytime soon. There is this toy though that has been really good to me. And I think I'm about ready to sell it. so if ya know anyone..... :shock:

Attachments:
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG [ 3.55 MiB | Viewed 313 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 pm 

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:
Ok, So I would like to wrap up this project post by saying that the Dumont trip was a success. I was able to keep the new pilot all stock and didn't need to re jet it. as for the other one. I took RNRNicks advice and jumped straight to my biggest jet. a 200 Never once fouled a plug. Kinda wishing i would have just so I could say yes its too much and worked my way back down. But......It didn't blow up and I'm happy about that. Big, Big Thanks to all who chimed in and gave there 2 cents all the way up to advice that should have been paid WELL for. You guys are great! As for my screen name, I don't believe in bad luck, Ju-Ju or what ever ya wanna call it, LOL I have way to many toys and Know I will blow something else up.....just hopefully not anytime soon. There is this toy though that has been really good to me. And I think I'm about ready to sell it. so if ya know anyone..... :shock:

I already have one but I have to ask for details and how much anyhow, might make a good present for my son.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:04 pm 

Ok here goes.

4"Ceet
Maijer plastics
chrome extended steering stem
Large gas tank
after market bars
steering stabilizer
Front skid plate
Rear skid plate
aluminum air box
39 mm Kehin carb I believe
Big Bore kit. 30
V-Force Reeds
2005 TRX 450 Disk brakes all the way around
Works shocks front and rear with resi's
Extended long travel Chrome upper and lower A-arms
6" extended swing arm
6" extended axle
Vibe lock on the axle
Front bumper after market chrome
whole frame has been tore down and ?gusseted?
twist throttle
Paul Turner Pipe
FMF turbo core2 silencer
Nerf bars
and there is probably a few other things i'm forgetting. I now have a serious addiction for the pilots and This is getting sqeezed out. LOL
This should only be ran an 100 plus race gas
Starts up first kick every time. Never had a problem with it.
I have enjoyed hitting whoops wide open and feeling like a king in a Cadillac on this baby!
As for a price I couldn't even tell ya what is reasonable. Its got a lot done to it. What do ya think?

Attachments:
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG [ 3.62 MiB | Viewed 310 times ]
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG [ 3.16 MiB | Viewed 310 times ]
IMG_0880.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG [ 3.04 MiB | Viewed 310 times ]
IMG_0879.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG [ 3.18 MiB | Viewed 309 times ]
 Profile E-mail