Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:53 am 

Get that pilot motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) built and back together and shoubadaba and myself will ride with you in dumont and help you dial that baby in! Have you ridden there before? It is only about a 2 hour drive from Henderson.
As for the plug, I almost always run a BR9ES, it is a colder plug, the 7 is the hotter one, and the 8 is in between. As for your jetting, it sounds like you are lean for the altitude and conditions. Shoubadaba has a 39mm carb and rev pipe on his pilot with stock port work and his main jet is normally a 180 to 185 depending on the weather at Dumont. Man, those ATVR motors just love to pop. Sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:43 am 

I don't see how changing the plug would take you from a fat (black) plug to such a lean plug, unless something else changed? But I am no expert... what kind of condition is your airbox in???

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:
I can also add that right after i did the break in i only had like 40 min on it, as i was checking the plug i noticed it was an BR8ES and when i looked in my manual it said to use a BR7ES then when i did it went KAPOOF! The first pic for the break in was the 8 the second pic is the 7 plug and it blew up the next time out. Mind you this was just riding it here in the street not out in the desert. I still need to get different rims that fit right.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:26 pm 

Well the air box is been changed as well. Not too pretty. It has a K & N air filter and the lid has been cut out and had a outer wear glued to it. Looks really hokey but I'm sure it works. for added safety i threw another outer wear on the K & N.

Attachments:
IMG_20110107_102139.jpg
IMG_20110107_102139.jpg [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 1100 times ]
IMG_20110107_102231.jpg
IMG_20110107_102231.jpg [ 1.21 MiB | Viewed 1100 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:41 pm 

I would get a new lid as I ride in mud and water here in Illinois.

How do you like that windshield? Is it pexiglass or what? Looks tinted, does it help with the sun in your eyes out there in Nevada?

I would bet the lid is discontinued from Honda but they do show up used. i have heard and have done the dual inlet airbox mod on one of my pilots, but have never seen the the top of the lid cut off before.

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/prefilter3.htm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:45 pm 

shoubadaba and myself have lids like the one afastcar made, matter of fact shoubadaba got his from afastcar. they work great. I also run a UNI primary filter. The lids are still available from servicehonda, I got one for mine when I picked up the pilot since it didnt come with one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:08 pm 

So is there a windshield or am i seeing things in your first photo??? :shock: :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:51 pm 

rmesser wrote:
So id there a windshield or an i seeing things in your first photo??? :shock: :shock:

looks like a bug screen... would be good for keeping roost from slapping you around...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:38 am 

lutrev wrote:
http://pilotodyssey.com/prefilter3.htm" ."..

I will state the obvious before the other fellas, you changed your air volume and leaned her out bigtime by the sparkplug reading. Also please do a search on K&N filters, I use them on my 350s,but do not recommend them at all. Mine only get short rides,and no dust or sand,and frankly could care less when they blow.
Please get a compression tester, and do a lot of reading before you even finish bolting it together. I owned mine for a couple years before I found this site and you will save yourself many headaches and a lot of money by doing some basic searches for info on here.
The main page with the Pilot stickies, and secret squirl stuff for the Pilot should be mandatory reading before people even turn a key. The unfortunate part of your situation is you are already at 81.5mm for a bore and could have saved a lot of headaches and cash.

Need this thread moved to projects as well, But do not put the top end together till you read the subjects on the main page. piston prep,etc etc. Good looking machine you have, and don't take offence, just trying to save you some time and money so you have a good reliable machine.

Thanks, for the compliment. I'm not a fan of the K&N's it was already on it when I bought it. I usually always stick to the foam Uni filters I think they are the best. I got a compression tester. And as for the 81.5 I still go two chances to get this baby right before I re-sleeve it. and hey its only money ya can't take it with ya right? LOL
Trevor

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:42 am 

nickRNR wrote:
shoubadaba and myself have lids like the one afastcar made, matter of fact shoubadaba got his from afastcar. they work great. I also run a UNI primary filter. The lids are still available from servicehonda, I got one for mine when I picked up the pilot since it didnt come with one.

Thanks Nick, So you say you run the Uni. do you have the same setup with the K&N at the top as well. I am familiar with Dumont. Where I live here in Henderson its only 1hr 45min away. Pretty cool spot. I go out with the Ltr450's and the 89 TRX250R It's got the 330 big bore kit in it and does really well out there. Thanks for the link.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:45 am 

rmesser wrote:
So is there a windshield or am i seeing things in your first photo??? :shock: :shock:

Yeah it was a tinted windshield. It actually blew off on a short run out to Logandale. but due to weight issues on the trailor I had to turn the Pilot around and it was lost before I got back. It too was on there when I got it. I'm looking into getting another one.

Attachments:
IMG_0244.JPG
IMG_0244.JPG [ 3.07 MiB | Viewed 1060 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:49 am 

Logandale is beautiful isn't it... I spend a day up there with Hoser riding biotch in his RZR-s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1AUCtc0zqs

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 pm 

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

Thanks Nick, So you say you run the Uni. do you have the same setup with the K&N at the top as well. I am familiar with Dumont. Where I live here in Henderson its only 1hr 45min away. Pretty cool spot. I go out with the Ltr450's and the 89 TRX250R It's got the 330 big bore kit in it and does really well out there. Thanks for the link.

Yes, I run the K&N as the top "pre-filter" and I use the K&N sock, then down in the air box I have the UNI filter. This setup is great. Dumont is my home dunes, I love that place.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:01 pm 

I like the look and its always nice to have the added protection. I think I'll make something up like that. You say honda still has those lids? Like the video. I have only been out there once. you guys came a long way to ride out there huh?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 pm 

I go west a few times a year... I haul oversized loads for a living and drag a toy or two out there when I can... Hell of a job!!! Hoser likes to come out here and stay a month at a time and ride...
I am looking for a storage place that will let me keep the toyhauler and pick up out there, then will let me park the big truck there while I play...
Or I want to buy a few acre near kingman???

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:
I like the look and its always nice to have the added protection. I think I'll make something up like that. You say honda still has those lids? Like the video. I have only been out there once. you guys came a long way to ride out there huh?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:41 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
I go west a few times a year... I haul oversized loads for a living and drag a toy or two out there when I can... Hell of a job!!! Hoser likes to come out here and stay a month at a time and ride...
I am looking for a storage place that will let me keep the toyhauler and pick up out there, then will let me park the big truck there while I play...

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:

I myself live 170 miles from Dumont, 190 miles from Glamis, and 220 miles from Pismo, right in the heart of dune country! One of these years I need to plan a big trip east, grab up maa boyz and do a guys trip...as long as the wife gives the "OK" lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:30 am 

EAST??? To Arizona or Nevada???
Any further east and you will run out of places to ride???

nickRNR wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:

I myself live 170 miles from Dumont, 190 miles from Glamis, and 220 miles from Pismo, right in the heart of dune country! One of these years I need to plan a big trip east, grab up maa boyz and do a guys trip...as long as the wife gives the "OK" lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:37 am 

Quote:

If you have a chance head to Saint Anthony's in Idaho, I went last summer, you won't be dissapointed!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 pm 

St. Anthony is about 900 miles for me. I always wanted to ride Oregon Dunes, which is also 900 miles. Maybe one day I will make it out to those place.

PPP, Any progress on the pilot?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:15 pm 

Yes, actually there is. I did the easy measure method that Hoser recommended and things look good that way. He also recommended that i get a different head. so Thanks to a really awesome guy off the threads. Who's name I wont disclose, hooked me up with a cool head. As soon as it gets here I will finish up the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). In the mean time I changed out all the hoses off the carb. I still need to change out the hoses for the fuel lines and radiator hoses. I saw someone selling the radiator hoses for 118. Its a little more than i would like to spend at the moment. "They look great and all just a little more than I would like to spend at the time" anyone have any other recommendations? for fuel line and radiator hoses? I also need another choke assembly for the 39mm Kehin carb. where would a good place to get one of those? Anyone?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:24 pm 

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:
Yes, actually there is. I did the easy measure method that Hoser recommended and things look good that way. He also recommended that i get a different head. so Thanks to a really awesome guy off the threads. Who's name I wont disclose, hooked me up with a cool head. As soon as it gets here I will finish up the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). In the mean time I changed out all the hoses off the carb. I still need to change out the hoses for the fuel lines and radiator hoses. I saw someone selling the radiator hoses for 118. Its a little more than i would like to spend at the moment. "They look great and all just a little more than I would like to spend at the time" anyone have any other recommendations? for fuel line and radiator hoses? I also need another choke assembly for the 39mm Kehin carb. where would a good place to get one of those? Anyone?

Whats wrong with your current lines and hoses?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:19 pm 

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:

the guy selling the hoses is afastcar. the 118 is a ebay price. I beleive it is less because you are a member of POOA. PM him and ask if interested. Also search for silicone hose and his post will come up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:26 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7449

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:11 pm 

I have a set of the red hoses from afastcar and they are great. I set my originals aside as spares. As of right now, I am not sure there are any other options other than buying bulk 3/4'' hose and trying to route it yourself, but I don't think I would try that, it would kink at the bends.

Keep up the progress, Dumont on feb. 18th! LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 pm 

hoser wrote:
Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:

Whats wrong with your current lines and hoses?

well the ones i have seem to be hardening up. Maybe not so much the radiator hoses but for sure the gas lines. Another question is if i relocate my radiator will the set that he sells still work?
And one other question i have is. How long will a fuel filter last? I've never changed it and not sure If the guy that owed it previously did. I"m sure ATV Racing did. The guy had them replace everything. He wanted it right for his wife. Any ideas?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 am 

I know right?. Seems like everytime we do that it happens LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next