Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:10 pm 

high tech

Attachments:
sa4.JPG
sa4.JPG [ 155.08 KiB | Viewed 271 times ]
sa3.JPG
sa3.JPG [ 123.92 KiB | Viewed 759 times ]
sa2.JPG
sa2.JPG [ 163.43 KiB | Viewed 759 times ]
sa1.JPG [77.09 KiB]
Downloaded 175 times

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:58 pm 

that's a pretty cool idea.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:15 am 

redskinman wrote:
high tech

Got the same exact setup sitting in my garage waiting to be painted lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:14 pm 

The issue I had with the PVC pipe system is that it's a pain in the ass to unscrew the end caps and if you loose one of the caps you loose all of your valuables. To solve this issue, I screwed the caps on loosely (did not tighten) and then drilled a hole through the top of the end caps and the center pipe and then I placed a large modified cotter pin in the end caps securing them together so they will not come off when riding. Another issue was how tight the threads are when you screw the caps on. To solve this I took a small wire wheel and rounded the threads on the tube and the caps themselves. This made them a lot easier to remove.

I learned this lesson the hard way because I screwed them on too tight and couldn't get them off unless I had a wrench to do it! Kind of ironic, you need a tool to open the tool box! :shock:

Redskinman, will that tube be high enough so that you have head room when bouncing around? If not you can always mount it to some other bar. I originally mounted my PVC "tool box" on the front bumper. The one I made was about 1/2 the size of yours so it was easy to stash just about anywhere.

Here is what I finally used for my Ody so I can carry a small bottle of water and additional tools besides the factory tool box. It's a Bell brand handlebar bag. It has two velcro loops the are made to attach to bicycle handlebars. These loops work very well in attaching the bag to the rear horizontal tube of the roll bar just below the top panel.

Rand

Attachments:
handlebar bag.jpg
handlebar bag.jpg [ 58.05 KiB | Viewed 722 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:07 pm 

Randman wrote:
The issue I had with the PVC pipe system is that it's a pain in the ass to unscrew the end caps and if you loose one of the caps you loose all of your valuables. To solve this issue, I screwed the caps on loosely (did not tighten) and then drilled a hole through the top of the end caps and the center pipe and then I placed a large modified cotter pin in the end caps securing them together so they will not come off when riding. Another issue was how tight the threads are when you screw the caps on. To solve this I took a small wire wheel and rounded the threads on the tube and the caps themselves. This made them a lot easier to remove.

I learned this lesson the hard way because I screwed them on too tight and couldn't get them off unless I had a wrench to do it! Kind of ironic, you need a tool to open the tool box! :shock:

Redskinman, will that tube be high enough so that you have head room when bouncing around? If not you can always mount it to some other bar. I originally mounted my PVC "tool box" on the front bumper. The one I made was about 1/2 the size of yours so it was easy to stash just about anywhere.

Here is what I finally used for my Ody so I can carry a small bottle of water and additional tools besides the factory tool box. It's a Bell brand handlebar bag. It has two velcro loops the are made to attach to bicycle handlebars. These loops work very well in attaching the bag to the rear horizontal tube of the roll bar just below the top panel.

Rand

Yeah,im short :-) good ideas on the caps

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 pm 

Sounds like me! I'm going to sue the city for building the sidewalk too close to my ass! :-)

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:40 pm 

Randman
you looked pretty tall when compared to my 6 foot flashlight at Glamis! Though Turbotaxes pointed out it was only a 5 foot flashlight! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:54 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
Randman
you looked pretty tall when compared to my 6 foot flashlight at Glamis! Though Turbotaxes pointed out it was only a 5 foot flashlight! LOL

lmao don't remind him he got mad at me LOL :shock: :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:34 am 

This is where I mounted mine....out of the way of everything and easy access to the tools without removing the tube. I used push on ends and drilled a hole and used a cotter pin to secure...never lost anything and was the best addition to the ody.

Attachments:
Odyssey 7-8-07 005.jpg
Odyssey 7-8-07 005.jpg [ 3.86 MiB | Viewed 648 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 pm 

brooks where did you get all the front end covers. i like the way it looks. do you have any other pics of it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:34 pm 

Nice mustang :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:13 pm 

Here's a few more pics...I just picked the caps up at my local HW store...glued one end and left the other. Bent a cotter pin ends out so it took a little tug to release it and was easy to remove/install.

Here's a video of it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd13zsyv7zY" ."..

Mustang...thanks for the comment...she just made a trip to a new home in CA a month ago. The previous owner emailed me the day he pulled 7 lengths on a Lambo in Malibu. *tear*

Attachments:
File comment: First position I tried...needed 3 bungies to keep it in place and it still moved around a bit and I hit my knees on it.
BrooksECJ03.jpg
BrooksECJ03.jpg [ 395.08 KiB | Viewed 615 times ]
Odyssey 7-8-07 001.jpg [108.94 KiB]
Downloaded 35 times