Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cool toy for sale
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:02 pm 

I found a cool toy for sale for $1200, lots of new parts n low hours. I was just wondering how to control it down a long steep dune or would I crash n burn at the bottom. I was told it floats on water too if you deside to shut it down n fish! lol :-)

Attachments:
hover.jpg
hover.jpg [ 109.65 KiB | Viewed 1153 times ]

Post subject: Re: Cool toy for sale
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:04 pm 

Nice...but it has minimum lateral control and no brakes so going down a dune is not such a good idea. Seems they are best for flat open surfaces.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:10 pm 

That would be good for Drakman to powerslide over the puddles without getting wet!

Pilotman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 pm 

I have actually seen one of these move on dry sand on Pismo beach. They create such a turbulence of air around them that anyone or anything near them gets pelted with sand and debris. I had to laugh when I watched this guy try to guide one up a small incline.....no go! But is was fun watching him try! :-)

I think they would be a blast to play on over water or a nice grassy meadow. I believe they even race these things!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:50 pm 

It seems that a person should be able to shut the power down and just slide down a hill, bigger problem would be getting the top in the first place, seems like a weight shift to the back end when attempting to go uphill would cause the machine to stall out with all the air escaping out the uphill side.

Craig, you should have seen the pond I tried to cross at Little Sahara last year, probably at least four feet deep and around 75 to 100 yards wide. I hit it at a pretty good rate of speed, but as it settled into the water as I got about midway, the water was coming over the hood at a rate that damned near drowned me, it knocked my goggles off so I couldn't hardly see. Fortunately it was a nice warm day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:42 pm 

one of the Para's at my school had a brother or husband or uncle or something that had one of those, and brought it and played around on the football field, it was the coolest thing ever, but yeah didn't do much for climbing lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:34 am 

Definately have problems in the whoops section... Good news is, you won't need bark busters for the tight stuff...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:08 am 

What Engine?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:44 pm 

Drakman wrote:
It seems that a person should be able to shut the power down and just slide down a hill, bigger problem would be getting the top in the first place, seems like a weight shift to the back end when attempting to go uphill would cause the machine to stall out with all the air escaping out the uphill side.

Craig, you should have seen the pond I tried to cross at Little Sahara last year, probably at least four feet deep and around 75 to 100 yards wide. I hit it at a pretty good rate of speed, but as it settled into the water as I got about midway, the water was coming over the hood at a rate that damned near drowned me, it knocked my goggles off so I couldn't hardly see. Fortunately it was a nice warm day.

Shit man this story made me laugh pretty hard... "damned near drowned me" LMAO
but glad you made it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:45 pm 

go oddy wrote:
Drakman wrote:

Shit man this story made me laugh pretty hard... "damned near drowned me" LMAO
but glad you made it!

Without the miracles of modern medicine, I would have been dead long ago.

Should I tell the story of the 112 stitches in my head?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:17 pm 

I never heard that one Jerry, sounds like a good one!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:07 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, my family was hiking in the mountains. My dad, two older sisters and I were traversing a steep narrow ledge, when from above some moron threw a big rock down. That started a rock slide that I got caught in, my dad said it slammed me up against a tree which prevented me from going down a really long way. But, I was still pretty badly hurt. My dad carried me down to the bottom, put me in the guy's car (he was a family friend) where I proceeded to bleed like a stuck pig, ruining the mohair interior of the car. Not too long after, they got me to a small town doctor who stitched me up. Sixty years later, I still have a big scar and a crease in my skull. I would like to use that as an excuse why I am sometimes so stupid, but it is probably not the reason.

If that happened today, my family would own his house and business, back then, only an apology was needed. Guess my dad finally got even with him though, he took up with his widow after my mom died.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:41 pm 

Drakman wrote:
Nuke Em wrote:

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, my family was hiking in the mountains. My dad, two older sisters and I were traversing a steep narrow ledge, when from above some moron threw a big rock down. That started a rock slide that I got caught in, my dad said it slammed me up against a tree which prevented me from going down a really long way. But, I was still pretty badly hurt. My dad carried me down to the bottom, put me in the guy's car (he was a family friend) where I proceeded to bleed like a stuck pig, ruining the mohair interior of the car. Not too long after, they got me to a small town doctor who stitched me up. Sixty years later, I still have a big scar and a crease in my skull. I would like to use that as an excuse why I am sometimes so stupid, but it is probably not the reason.

If that happened today, my family would own his house and business, back then, only an apology was needed. Guess my dad finally got even with him though, he took up with his widow after my mom died.

WOW
I never noticed the scar or the dent in the head must have faded away after all the years.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:00 pm 

Damn Jer, sounds pretty brutal.112 stitches is a lot, especially for a 6-7 year old. Wear a "doo rag" to hide that scar? lol I never noticed it either.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:07 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
Damn Jer, sounds pretty brutal.112 stitches is a lot, especially for a 6-7 year old. Wear a "doo rag" to hide that scar? lol I never noticed it either.

He must be like a cat with 9 lives skull splitting, hart attacks who knows what else he is not telling us and how many lives he has left lamo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:31 pm 

hoser wrote:
Nuke Em wrote:

He must be like a cat with 9 lives skull splitting, hart attacks who knows what else he is not telling us and how many lives he has left lamo

I have probably used up at least 7 or 8 lives, I better start being careful. I was 52 first time I was admitted to a hospital, been in probably a dozen or more times since then.

Most of the scarring is where what little hair I have left covers it, not all of the cuts and gashes were in the same place, that is just where the worst of it was. I looked like a 'towel head' for many months, it had a chin strap so I couldn't get it off. All the kids teased me, so I was really happy when it came off.

Here's one I was finally able to laugh about after. Went to the emergency room a few years back with high fever and really bad pains in my belly. They took some X rays and became alarmed, told me I needed a cat scam or MRI for a closer look. With my good luck, the 'chief' was there that night when they started the scans, he told me the prospects looked really bad, probably liver cancer, but that there was a chance it was benign. He had a long suction needle which at the time looked like a giant turkey baster, and that if I could stand it, they would take the biopsies while I was awake and going in and out of the machine. They finally located the first place to go drilling, they called in four big burley guys to hold me still while they 'probed', as he got the right spot, the doctor sounded happy, said it was soft and that might be good news. Upon sucking it out and some quick tests, they decided I had nothing more than four egg sized lumps of puss. I was on IV antibiotics for two or three months, actually went riding up at Walden for a few days during my 'treatment'.

I've got a bunch more, just not nearly as funny, that is unless you count when I had a calcium deposit in my salivary tube under the tongue, hurt something fierce, when it finally shot out, it looked like several pieces of rice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:26 pm 

Drakman wrote:
hoser wrote:
Nuke Em wrote:

I have probably used up at least 7 or 8 lives, I better start being careful. I was 52 first time I was admitted to a hospital, been in probably a dozen or more times since then.

Most of the scarring is where what little hair I have left covers it, not all of the cuts and gashes were in the same place, that is just where the worst of it was. I looked like a 'towel head' for many months, it had a chin strap so I couldn't get it off. All the kids teased me, so I was really happy when it came off.

Here's one I was finally able to laugh about after. Went to the emergency room a few years back with high fever and really bad pains in my belly. They took some X rays and became alarmed, told me I needed a cat scam or MRI for a closer look. With my good luck, the 'chief' was there that night when they started the scans, he told me the prospects looked really bad, probably liver cancer, but that there was a chance it was benign. He had a long suction needle which at the time looked like a giant turkey baster, and that if I could stand it, they would take the biopsies while I was awake and going in and out of the machine. They finally located the first place to go drilling, they called in four big burley guys to hold me still while they 'probed', as he got the right spot, the doctor sounded happy, said it was soft and that might be good news. Upon sucking it out and some quick tests, they decided I had nothing more than four egg sized lumps of puss. I was on IV antibiotics for two or three months, actually went riding up at Walden for a few days during my 'treatment'.

I've got a bunch more, just not nearly as funny, that is unless you count when I had a calcium deposit in my salivary tube under the tongue, hurt something fierce, when it finally shot out, it looked like several pieces of rice.

holy cow your high maintenance surprised Judy has not traded you in by now lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:59 pm 

Ouchy on both counts! I guess I have been pretty healthy, no real stories and the only funny one was my Odyssey roll over concussion at Dumont with Hoser, too bad I don't rember it! :shock: LMAO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:46 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
Ouchy on both counts! I guess I have been pretty healthy, no real stories and the only funny one was my Odyssey roll over concussion at Dumont with Hoser, too bad I don't rember it! :shock: LMAO

So when do i get to see that thing back in wyoming? :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:15 am 

Just seeing if it is worth the investment,never been around one. but you never know....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:49 pm 

Drakman wrote:

Nah, lets hear about the eraser when you were a kid, that one always cracks me up!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:09 pm 

tedpilot wrote:
Drakman wrote:

Nah, lets hear about the eraser when you were a kid, that one always cracks me up!!

Why do I get the feeling he has many more stories to tell?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:16 pm 

hoser wrote:
tedpilot wrote:
Drakman wrote:

Why do I get the feeling he has many more stories to tell?

Yep, got tons of them, but to tell them all would show what a moron I've been.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:19 pm 

You have to call them learning experiences! Some people just learn a little quicker than others,and pain is a great teacher!!!! LMAO! We gotta do another dune trip sometime soon, just for the campfire stories!