Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:42 pm 

When's the OCT ride at the badlands?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:19 am 

ALL DONE!!!! LOOKS NICE HUH?

Attachments:
002.JPG
002.JPG [ 78.11 KiB | Viewed 811 times ]
009.JPG
009.JPG [ 66.82 KiB | Viewed 811 times ]
004.JPG
004.JPG [ 62.32 KiB | Viewed 811 times ]
008.JPG
008.JPG [ 70.13 KiB | Viewed 811 times ]
003.JPG
003.JPG [ 53.38 KiB | Viewed 811 times ]
005.JPG
005.JPG [ 53.27 KiB | Viewed 811 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:39 am 

murph4478 wrote:
When's the OCT ride at the badlands?

Oct.20th weekend

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:57 am 

Well done awesome result. Image
It's made you look so much younger as well? Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:28 am 

Thanks......my little guy will not stay away, or off, of it. I'm collecting materials for his first kart...Mom's not too happy but oh well. She'll get over it. Thanks again!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 pm 

Sold it today.........didn't really make any extra $$$ off it but that wasn't the point anyway. Had fun fabin' it and it was a blast to ride. I should've followed my gut and used my reverse tranny.... probably would've kept her.......next time! A cop bought it.....bet he don't get harassed for riding it on the street.

There's a guy in the neighborhood that boutght a Pilot. He owns a machine shop. He can make any part I need, he's not a fabricator though. Some got it, some don't. He looked mine over with a fine tooth comb and is interested in hiring me to fab in a 440cc or bigger into his. Any input on Engine size? I was thinking of getting insane and doing a Polaris tripple in it. 600cc's of fulie madness!!!!!

Time for my next project.....anyone got any ideas for me?

I have access to a complete rolling chasis from a 2002 (?) polaris sportsman 4x4 4WD, independant suspension front and rear........ maybe graft it onto a FL250 chasis????

I'm gonna take all my extra parts from by build and build a kart for the kid to learn on, God knows I have enough.

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE VALUABLE INPUT FROM THEIR PERSONAL BUILDS!!!!

Stay tuned, I'll get back to yas as soon as I figure out the next build!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 pm 

murph4478 wrote:
Sold it today.........didn't really make any extra $$$ off it but that wasn't the point anyway. Had fun fabin' it and it was a blast to ride. I should've followed my gut and used my reverse tranny.... probably would've kept her.......next time! A cop bought it.....bet he don't get harassed for riding it on the street.

There's a guy in the neighborhood that boutght a Pilot. He owns a machine shop. He can make any part I need, he's not a fabricator though. Some got it, some don't. He looked mine over with a fine tooth comb and is interested in hiring me to fab in a 440cc or bigger into his. Any input on Engine size? I was thinking of getting insane and doing a Polaris tripple in it. 600cc's of fulie madness!!!!!

Time for my next project.....anyone got any ideas for me?

I have access to a complete rolling chasis from a 2002 (?) polaris sportsman 4x4 4WD, independant suspension front and rear........ maybe graft it onto a FL250 chasis????

I'm gonna take all my extra parts from by build and build a kart for the kid to learn on, God knows I have enough.

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE VALUABLE INPUT FROM THEIR PERSONAL BUILDS!!!!

Stay tuned, I'll get back to yas as soon as I figure out the next build!!!!!

a tripple wont fit unless you plan to widen the classis a good foot or so. the twins barely fit inside the framerails. Id say a 583 or 670 rotax is a perfect powerplant

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:42 pm 

I bought this Odyssey about a year ago and it has ran flawlessly. The builder sure new what he was doing, the fabrication and engineering are a sure masterpiece. I had a stock Fl250 and had to sell it because it was not any fun compared to this one. The only thing I did was replace the tires and painted the entire Odyssey with truck bed liner. It is the coolest around with the "muredered out paint". Love it and now I have a tats for a Pilot. No rear suspension is ruff for my 50 year old body.
Thanks again
Stsve

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:40 am 

Thanks Steve...

The build was a lot of fun and challenging at times. I'm glad you're enjoying it, I do miss it!

I was glad I took the time to shoe-horn that Engine down into the frame rails as low as possible for the lowest center of gravity and still have access to the recoil etc... took a lot of time but well worth it. Most just slap the Engine in up high and wonder why they ended up with a wheelie machine. I was very pleased with the outcome.

Thanks again Steve if ya want to throw a big block in that pilot let me know, I'm game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:41 pm 

Any pics of the Pilot or more pics of the 250?

Profile E-mail