Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:03 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:22 pm 

beastmobile wrote:
Okay. So basically, it's a custom suspension. So I'm gonna have to either find one our of pure luck or make one? Is all splines the same?

All splines are not the same, pray they didnt use a Honda spline, Honda has a spline all their own.

Take it to a axle shop hopefully its off the shelf parts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:35 pm 

They feller that is gonna make me a new axle said he would sit down and count the splines and make a new one, well he said he hopefully can.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:41 pm 

Does anybody wanna buy this thing from me???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:16 pm 

beastmobile wrote:
They feller that is gonna make me a new axle said he would sit down and count the splines and make a new one, well he said he hopefully can.

Tell him to make sure he puts a radius on all the inside corners so the new one wont break in the same spot, sharp square corners are stress risers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:28 pm 

I called and told him. I have come to the conclusion that I wanna sell my ody. Find me some buyers!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 pm 

beastmobile wrote:
I called and told him. I have come to the conclusion that I wanna sell my ody. Find me some buyers!!!

How much you asking?

Why you wanting to sell?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm 

Well if it was me I would weld it back together :-)
but I some times I get lucky doing that :shock:
((I would not try that at home))

and I will bet that was welded together to make
you will need to clean and take the bearings off and take some good pic with white back ground to see flaws in the machining to see if it was welded before

can you take a pic of the other side axle so I can see how it is mounted in the machine
and what is the diameter of the axle where it broke ?

Please note the axle would have to be made form a tool steel 4140 or 4150 heat treated most car axles are made of that type some are just flame harden or harden all the way threw

SpeedChaser :-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:54 pm 

I can't take any pics of it right now because I sent it with the mechanic but there's some weld spots on it.

And hoser, because I'm running out of money, and I could get me something to ride this season. Give me an offer. I really don't wanna let it go, but I'm to the point where I think I'm gonna have to.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:51 am 

How much is the asking price? I would trade you one of my restored FL250's if you were closer. I would love to add this to my collection with a full restore. It's to bad the original Engine is not with it. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:52 am 

beastmobile wrote:
I can't take any pics of it right now because I sent it with the mechanic but there's some weld spots on it.

And hoser, because I'm running out of money, and I could get me something to ride this season. Give me an offer. I really don't wanna let it go, but I'm to the point where I think I'm gonna have to.

Put it on CL for trade? You have all the info in this thread to make a pretty good listing. Make sure you add this pic in the add.

Attachments:
photo84.jpg
photo84.jpg [ 65.54 KiB | Viewed 1026 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:49 am 

I think I'd rather just have cash now. What's a good asking price? A guy called me about it last night and I didn't know what to tell him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 am 

I have a question, if I drop the suspension, could I just put in a regular 250 axle in it? Or would that not work? Or put bigger tires on it, would it level it out?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 am 

Picture of other axle.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 pm 

It would not work.

The only thing fl250 on our whole buggy is the reduction unit,brakes and steering wheel.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:09 pm 

Well what type of axle do I have? Or what do I need? Wanna buy this bighead?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:04 pm 

Whats the price?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:15 pm 

Shoot me an offer my man.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:01 pm 

I am to far to be interested. And low on cash.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 pm 

Heard that. I know how your feeling on the cash part lol.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:09 pm 

beastmobile wrote:
Well what type of axle do I have? Or what do I need? Wanna buy this bighead?

Do as Hoser said and take it to an axle shop. Then a tractor repair shop. If they both laugh at you then take it to a machine shop. Your not going to find a replacement axle listed for your buggy. They do not make them anymore. Your going to have to find something else that uses the same axle like a combine or john deere tractor. And that will be a long shot at best.

A machine shop will make you one pretty easy. The price they will charge you I do not know. Get a few prices from different shops. If they want to charge you lots of money for the steel. Perhaps a truck axle can be used to cut down and make your axle. If so the Axle shop will have junk axles to sale you or even the junk yard. Take that to the machine shop and tell them to make you one out of this truck axle. (if that type of axle will even work that is)

So yah machine shop and be back in the dirt next week.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 pm 

Also reply to speedchaser reply above? Did you miss that post?

And what kind of hubs are on your car. Hoser said Honda used the own. That could be a problem as well. Not sure though. I will go see what hubs my car has.

Edit: I have the same setup of close to yours. My car has the fl250 4 hole hubs. So if I understood Hoser right the machine shop might not be able to make the honda spline. So you may have to find another hub with normal splines. And wheels to fit your new hubs if you old ones do not.

Post a pic of your rear hubs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:27 am 

well it looks like it twisted and broke

the stress is on the other side of the bearing where the wheel mounts

looks fixable to me

I can weld that up for you for about $65 plus shipping

there will be no warranty on this

will post on how I did it for every body to see how it was done

let me know

SpeedChaser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:50 am 

I agree with Speed.

My axle broke on my Fl250 and a buddy of mine welded it back together. He basically took and ground the ends where the break was at an angle and filled it in by welding. It worked well and held up as well as the stock axle.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:33 pm 

Well, the axle is with a welder right now at the shop, he said he is gonna try and do whatever he can to it.

But also, I put it on Craigslist and a feller is gonna trade me a two seater buggy for it. I wanna keep it, because its so much fun and has great potential but I'm running out of money to fix it and I want something to ride.

And the hubs is 4 lug.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next