Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:04 am 

beastmobile wrote:
Great news - the beast is up and running. I took it for a ride today and its like riding a cloud, the shocks and suspension is so soft.

I feel stupid saying this but what the Carb problem was, was that the floats was upside down.

I couldn't get off of it today. Too much fun! It took me to run out of gas 2 miles away from home for me to stop.
Embarrassing being pulled home by a fourwheeler. Lol.

Asphalt was tough to ride on but dirt/mud/sand was perfect.

Just need a new padded seat!

Now time for march madness!!!

What kind of shocks do you have? Are they working right? Are they gas charged and leaked out?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:48 am 

10W-40 for the transmission? I just wanna double check that's right? And that manual won't open for me.

And I think the shocks say Baja Magnum on them or something.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:30 am 

Yes its 10W-40 and it's not a transmission......it's a reduction gear box.

Is it the link to the page that won't open or is the file within the page that won't open?

Baja progressives can be hit or miss. Some of the older Baja's were good and performed better than the stock shocks. RidinDirty has them on his Ody and it rides better than the stock pogo sticks.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:50 pm 

Okay. Thanks Randman. It's the zip file that won't open.

I've been reading on those gearboxes. How do I know what type I have?
I'm just curious to what I have in my ody

I just got done taking it for a ride and put some new tin on where the feet is, but now I have a new problem - the bolts that hold the gas tank up fell out. Lol. My luck but easy fix.

But the beast does have some power for sure. My Baja shocks are definitely working great for me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:03 am 

beastmobile wrote:

I just got done taking it for a ride and put some new tin on where the feet is, but now I have a new problem - the bolts that hold the gas tank up fell out. Lol. My luck but easy fix.

But the beast does have some power for sure. My Baja shocks are definitely working great for me.

The reduction unit's are all the same. The newer models have a stronger chain inside though. You have a 9" clutch so top speed will be about 50mph max. They do make a 7" to get you higher speeds.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:18 am 

Id like to have that 7". The way this motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is running now, it's for sure got power that's not unraveling.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:13 pm 

Welp, my freaking axle just broke. Anybody know where I can buy one? I'm desperate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:47 pm 

Guys, I think I have a pilot FL400 transmission or gear box or whatever?
But I need an axle for it and I need some help finding one. I put my faith in y'all, you haven't let me down yet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:56 pm 

beastmobile wrote:
Guys, I think I have a pilot FL400 transmission or gear box or whatever?
But I need an axle for it and I need some help finding one. I put my faith in y'all, you haven't let me down yet.

i don't think that is a pilot gearbox. The pilot gearbox has CV joints not an axle that runs through it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:00 pm 

Post some better pics of the reduction unit. Looks fl250 to me.

Not sure but you may have to have a machine shop make you an axle. Finding one I think may be really hard. Not sure though for I never looked into it. Tractor supply may have something. I would ask around here then check your local farm/tractor supply. They sale parts like this.

Here is a some pics a member from this site sent me. Not sure if you can buy these kits or not. I will have to go back and read my threads to find out who sent these pics to me. I am pretty sure these pics are the same thing you are using.

Attachments:
IMG_1800.jpg
IMG_1800.jpg [ 110.87 KiB | Viewed 768 times ]
IMG_3728.jpg
IMG_3728.jpg [ 110.6 KiB | Viewed 768 times ]
IMG_4008.jpg
IMG_4008.jpg [ 115.56 KiB | Viewed 768 times ]
IMG_4843.jpg
IMG_4843.jpg [ 121.03 KiB | Viewed 768 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 pm 

That's identical. Please see if you can find that. Is it gonna cost me an arm and a leg?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 pm 

beastmobile wrote:
That's identical. Please see if you can find that. Is it gonna cost me an arm and a leg?

If it does, it is worth it. Axles are more valuable anyways. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:26 pm 

Haha, that's the truth! Im thinking about selling the beast. But I don't wanna part ways just yet. Is there a name for these types of axles?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:10 pm 

that's a fl250 tranny most likely your axles are one off parts. You will probably need to have 1 custom made.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:34 pm 

Would the axle from a FL350 work?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:53 pm 

beastmobile wrote:
Would the axle from a FL350 work?

I highly doubt it. the FL350 axle has 2 joints. it looks like yours only has one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:27 am 

This is what I was told when I was asking about my axle setup. It's the same as yours.

The rear setup used on your buggy is an IRS special made.
I know PROATV made kits but I do not know any others.
Maybe someone will chime in on manufactures at the time.

You may ave to go to a machine shop friend. I search weekly for parts for years now and I never seen any of these axles or kits for sale.

How did it break? What were you doing?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:45 am 

beastmobile wrote:

After you click on the download button and it asks how you want to open the file, try opening the file with windows explorer. It will then show the file as a zip file and you will have to click on it again to get it to open. You may have to download Winzip to open it.

I agree with Big Head, it looks like an FL250 gear box.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 am 

If I was you I would find a old axle out of a small car. Take that stock/axle to a machine shop with your broken axle and see what they say. Getting an old axle may save you some money on the steel stock they need to make this axle.

I never did this but this is what I am thinking. Your going to have the take out that broken part from inside your reduction unit. The shop will need the whole thing. Looks like you broke two axles as well.

Welcome to wrenching on your odyssey's

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 am 

I was just pulling out in grass. And it snapped on me.

I believe the axle kit is 3 different parts.
There's a rod that goesthrough the gear box and connects with the two u joints. The joints and the rod that goes through the gearbox and the other axle is fine. All the joint on the left side needs is a pin.but I do need a rod. Do you think if I take it to a machine shop, they could make me a rod?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:32 am 

If I just bought a new straight one piece axle rod, would that work or would it mess everything up?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:45 pm 

Your going to need the splines.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm 

Well, I have no clue what a spine is. I've yet to learn this lingo. Lol. But I've got a friend at the vocational school where I go to school at, is gonna take a look at it today and see of he can make one at the shop. I hope he can.

Is there a certain type of axle I need? Or are they all the same?

Would this work?
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 5765197043

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:06 pm 

beastmobile wrote:
Well, I have no clue what a spine is. I've yet to learn this lingo. Lol. But I've got a friend at the vocational school where I go to school at, is gonna take a look at it today and see of he can make one at the shop. I hope he can.

Is there a certain type of axle I need? Or are they all the same?

Would this work?
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 5765197043" .".." ."..

a spline is the "teeth" on the shaft that slide into the joints. that axle you posted will not work. that is a standard straight FL250 axle. your car has suspention where the FL250 did not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:49 pm 

Okay. So basically, it's a custom suspension. So I'm gonna have to either find one our of pure luck or make one? Is all splines the same?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next