Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: odyssey??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:29 pm 

I'm new to the forum and was wanting to see if someone could help me identify this Odyssey I picked up a couple weeks ago

Attachments:
IMAG0016.jpg
IMAG0016.jpg [ 75.07 KiB | Viewed 912 times ]
IMAG0018.jpg
IMAG0018.jpg [ 64.24 KiB | Viewed 912 times ]
IMAG0019.jpg
IMAG0019.jpg [ 69.19 KiB | Viewed 912 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: odyssey??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:41 pm 

I think that is a Challenger 250 odyssey sir.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:53 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
I think that is a Challenger 250 odyssey sir.

I think it is a home made version of a challenger.(not a kit anyway) Notice how they made the cage from the original hoop behind the seat? Stock lenth beefed up J-arms with wider main bar. Welded axle to make wider. I see no Challenger parts.

I could be wrong though I am far from expert when it comes to these racing Ody's. My guess is home brew but done pretty good. The way the front shocks are mounted and this car is kind of cool. I never seen that before. Anyone else see that before? All of them were home brew I guess. This builder just made his own parts like the Challengers had. By looking at how the nerfs are done and connected it looks like it was well done.

Regardless that's a sweet looking car with some wheels I really want. Well done friend.

Can you post some pics of your front hubs? It looks different like the wheels are on inside? IDK hard to see...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:38 am 

Thanks guys, I picked this up for $250 from a guy that just had it sitting out behind his shop, said that he raced it ons flat track and the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) was locked up, I have my eyes on a 600cc kawasaki street bike Engine for it. How well do you think this frame would hold up with a 600cc engineg

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:50 pm 

joshtaylor82 wrote:
Thanks guys, I picked this up for $250 from a guy that just had it sitting out behind his shop, said that he raced it ons flat track and the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) was locked up, I have my eyes on a 600cc kawasaki street bike Engine for it. How well do you think this frame would hold up with a 600cc engineg

Where do you live?

How much for the FL250 Engine complete with all the stuff you wont need for the conversion, ignition wires carb exhaust etc. I need to get something running for the grand kids here.

That kinda has a Kustom Kraft cage look to it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:54 pm 

hoser wrote:
joshtaylor82 wrote:
Thanks guys, I picked this up for $250 from a guy that just had it sitting out behind his shop, said that he raced it ons flat track and the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) was locked up, I have my eyes on a 600cc kawasaki street bike Engine for it. How well do you think this frame would hold up with a 600cc engineg

Where do you live?

How much for the FL250 Engine complete with all the stuff you wont need for the cnversion, ignition wires carb exhaust etc. I need to get something running for the grand kids here.

I'm in oklahima, not sure on the Engine and other parts, I have two complete engines one has a chip out of the piston I also have two carbs, one mikuni that needs rebuilt and a Kei hin which also needs rebuilt, and I am picking up another one in the mail that I bought off of ebay, I'm just not sure what it all would cost to ship and what its actually worth, but i am still waiting to hear from the guy on this other Engine, and that will be the deciding factor if i actually let this other stuff go, so if you wanna just shoot me an offer i'll let you know if i indeed want to let it go

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:47 am 

joshtaylor82 wrote:
hoser wrote:
joshtaylor82 wrote:
Thanks guys, I picked this up for $250 from a guy that just had it sitting out behind his shop, said that he raced it ons flat track and the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) was locked up, I have my eyes on a 600cc kawasaki street bike Engine for it. How well do you think this frame would hold up with a 600cc engineg

Where do you live?

How much for the FL250 Engine complete with all the stuff you wont need for the cnversion, ignition wires carb exhaust etc. I need to get something running for the grand kids here.

I'm in oklahima, not sure on the Engine and other parts, I have two complete engines one has a chip out of the piston I also have two carbs, one mikuni that needs rebuilt and a Kei hin which also needs rebuilt, and I am picking up another one in the mail that I bought off of ebay, I'm just not sure what it all would cost to ship and what its actually worth, but i am still waiting to hear from the guy on this other Engine, and that will be the deciding factor if i actually let this other stuff go, so if you wanna just shoot me an offer i'll let you know if i indeed want to let it go

How many wires are coming out of the engines you have? Two or four? Did any of your new engines have the points or CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)? I se you have CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) stype coil....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:25 am 

One Engine has two wires and the other has 4, that one is the one that came off of it they only had two of the four wires hooked up

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:38 am 

Anyone have any input on how well this frame could handle a 600cc street bike Engine, I'm sure there will be lots of fab work, just wanna hear some of your input to see if its worth the work

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:07 pm 

How loud can you scream??? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:30 pm 

joshtaylor82 wrote:
Anyone have any input on how well this frame could handle a 600cc street bike Engine, I'm sure there will be lots of fab work, just wanna hear some of your input to see if its worth the work

With no rear suspension I think 600cc would be over kill. Plus a bike Engine is lot and lots of fab work and money for correct parts.

What not rebuild one of your engines? or go stock ody Engine? You will not win any races but you will ride all day long with little problems.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:12 am 

Thank you for the Input big head, I am planning on doing some kind of a rear suspension on the project, I hope I can do some kind of suspension on it while still using the stock rear axle, but we'll see how that goes

Profile E-mail