Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:07 pm 

Hoser is going to post a couple pics for me since I can't do it with my phone.

Previous owner drilled holes for a digatron or the like. My digatron has full dummy lights but I wanted to do something with the holes. Found single led's at the auto parts store that fit the holes perfect. These will be my coolant temp warning lights. I'm also gonna use the extra spot in the wheel for a switch( I assume for hondaline lights). I'll add another switch for manual fan on/off even though it will work automatically. I think the factory switch will be a nice detail to make it look clean. Thanks Hoser!

Attachments:
radiatorJPG.JPG
radiatorJPG.JPG [ 72.99 KiB | Viewed 894 times ]
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 80.75 KiB | Viewed 894 times ]
photo.rJPG.JPG
photo.rJPG.JPG [ 39.44 KiB | Viewed 894 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:22 pm 

Very cool, great way to plug the holes. Nice job!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Very cool, great way to plug the holes. Nice job!!

Thanks rarerat. For some reason little stuff like that bothers me. I had the idea for led's a few weeks ago. They opened a new auto parts store in my town and I was looking at their light selection and found just what I had imagined. Lucked out I guess. I'll take it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:44 pm 

Clean Odyssey! Is that a seat cover?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:12 pm 

(UT)Odyssey wrote:
Clean Odyssey! Is that a seat cover?

Thanks, glad to see you picked up your odyssey. Very nice project. I bought the seat cover off eBay a couple months ago. Slipped right over my old ugly seat. Best part no more wet butt. I saw some talk on this forum that had a pic of the seat cover. Might be a place that sells them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:04 am 

Ah Ha! You were the one that out bid me! :-) I believe this an older seat cover that was made by one of our older members who is no longer on the board. Don't remember his name though.

Dave, you may want to remove the flame cover over your radiator. It may cause you Ody to run a little warm.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:42 am 

Randman wrote:
Ah Ha! You were the one that out bid me! :-) I believe this an older seat cover that was made by one of our older members who is no longer on the board. Don't remember his name though.

Dave, you may want to remove the flame cover over your radiator. It may cause you Ody to run a little warm.

Rand

Thanks Randman. I thought about the airflow being blocked as well. I'll keep a very close eye on it. The cover actually sits about 1/2" off the radiator so I think we should be ok. If not I've still got the original guard with plastic air scoops. I intend to paint it white a
and carry it along for hot days. If I'm correct your running the same radiator. Are you using a thermostat setup?? Thanks for the input rand! Sorry I got your seat cover :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:52 pm 

Fatcat wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

Thanks Randman. I thought about the airflow being blocked as well. I'll keep a very close eye on it. The cover actually sits about 1/2" off the radiator so I think we should be ok. If not I've still got the original guard with plastic air scoops. I intend to paint it white a
and carry it along for hot days. If I'm correct your running the same radiator. Are you using a thermostat setup?? Thanks for the input rand! Sorry I got your seat cover :-)

That's OK, I really didn't need it just thought it would be nice to have.

Yeah I'm running the 450 radiator also. What are you using for the pump? I have the traditional Mercedes Benz water pump. I was thinking about putting a switch on the pump with an idiot light because it takes a while to get her warmed up if it not 80 plus degrees out.

As far as monitoring temps, I have a Trail Tech Vapor to monitor temp. The sensor is mounted on the water line for the output side of the head. These things are great. They also have an hour meter, speedometer, tach and over rev lights. What are you using for an overflow bottle? I have the overflow bottle from a Polaris outlaw.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:30 pm 

Randman wrote:
Fatcat wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

That's OK, I really didn't need it just thought it would be nice to have.

Yeah I'm running the 450 radiator also. What are you using for the pump? I have the traditional Mercedes Benz water pump. I was thinking about putting a switch on the pump with an idiot light because it takes a while to get her warmed up if it not 80 plus degrees out.

As far as monitoring temps, I have a Trail Tech Vapor to monitor temp. The sensor is mounted on the water line for the output side of the head. These things are great. They also have an hour meter, speedometer, tach and over rev lights. What are you using for an overflow bottle? I have the overflow bottle from a Polaris outlaw.

Rand

I surely needed it. Tired of The wet butt.I've got 3 pumps that came with the water cooled setup. Havnt looked them over too good. If none of them will work I'll use the Mercedes as it's been tested. So your water pump comes on with the key? I also thought about being hard to get warmed up. Not sure that's effects on an Engine. I'll be using the stock yfz450 overflow bottle. I got it with the radiator a nice spot to mount it. The overflow hose that came with it is also nice and long so I'll route it where I can see if its boiling out. For monitoring I've got the Digatron. It tells speed, RPM, coolant temp, and EGT. I'll be running the coolant temp close to or in the head. I believe theres a spot for it. I'll be using one of the thermo switches to run my coolant temp warning lights, the other for fan. It's pretty nice having a clean slate to start with, I just gotta figure out how to wire it all up.

Profile E-mail