Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FL powered Superlte
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:55 pm 

Hi Millette, have you had a chance to work on your racer?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:18 pm 

Getting a little done here and there. Mostly cleaning and painting parts. Cleaned and painted pipe and one swing arm. Should move forward pretty quickly when assembly comes.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:59 pm 

Very cool. Not trying to rush you. Just don't want you to forget about us. Do you know anything about the pipe that came on it? If you get a chance could you take some pics before installing? Very cool that you got the correct pipe with it. Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:21 pm 

Quick update, Not a whole lot added, actually alittle step back, missing parts from disassembly. Fortunatly Fatcat had a rear hub he parted with for a very resonable price. As requested a few pics of the pipe(s). The one I selected for use had the EGT probe hole drilled so I am assuming this was the pipe that was used. There is also a Hillside Honda EGT gauge on the steering wheel.

Attachment:
Pipe.jpg
Pipe.jpg [ 23.57 KiB | Viewed 1323 times ]

Attachment:
pipe2.jpg
pipe2.jpg [ 32.85 KiB | Viewed 1318 times ]

Attachment:
EGT.jpg
EGT.jpg [ 32.94 KiB | Viewed 1318 times ]

The other two pipes that came with the spare parts.

Attachment:
pipes.jpg
pipes.jpg [ 26.15 KiB | Viewed 1323 times ]

And Finally a question. These spacers also came on the unit. The studs that were on it are bent so I thought of using hardend bolts. Any thoughts? Good idea or should I use something else instead?

Attachments:
Spacer.jpg
Spacer.jpg [ 23.72 KiB | Viewed 1323 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:16 pm 

Thanks for the pipe pics. Anybody know what they are? On the wheel spacers, were these on there originally or were these aftermarket? They're probably an aftermarket set. If it was me I would at least try it without them. But that's just my opinion. I'm a fat arse so I don't like to add levers that cause extra wear on things.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 pm 

Those were after market not OEM.

Many guys used wheel spacers back in the racing days when they had a max width restriction they would go as wide as they could.

99% used them for flat track racing some used them for off road racing but I would advice against it the leverage working against all your parts is not good, racers never put enough hours on them to matter and when they did break something it was "all part of racing"

I doubt anybody ever intended for wheel spacers to be used on any daily driver.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:43 pm 

Thanks for the input guys. I was only looking at the benefits, like everything there is a drawback. Spacers are out, with parts availability I would like as much reliability as possible. I think I am already going to have my hands full maintaining this high strung B. have not checked compression yet but am assuming it is pretty high. I will check Manual for spec's on original studs, think I can get them at my local dealer?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:13 pm 

On second thought I don't think the manual breaks down the size. If I am not mistaken it only shows the assembly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:55 am 

Millette,

What you have is an aftermarket spacer made by "Who knows"?

The studs that you are looking for if you are going back to stock are splined to fit the Ody rear hub. The bolts that are used in that spacer are just that, flanged bolts. Look carefully at the hubs. They may have been damaged by the use of flanged bolts.

You are looking for this factory part.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ATC200-25 ... es&vxp=mtr

Rand

Attachments:
Wheel Stud.jpg
Wheel Stud.jpg [ 3.98 KiB | Viewed 1295 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:46 am 

Thanks Randman, have some studs on order. Looks like the spacers are/were made by H&R. Their logo was engraved on the end of the spacer. There are also a couple narrower ones that I am assuming were used on the front although I have not checked the bolt pattern and do not intend on using them. Thanks again for everyone's help, I ain't to stupit to learn or to proud to ask if I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:20 am 

The Honda OEM wheel studs are part number 90103-HA2-003 and you can order them through any dealer or online at Service Honda (cheaper than ebay but still $5 each).

I just bought 60 of them for a project at work since they are the best M10 lug stud I could find.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:43 pm 

Google 90103-HA2-003 you find http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/de ... 2-003.html looks like they want Price: $5.03 each

So you search for BOLT, WHEEL (10X36) on their website and it kicks this back http://find.powersportsplus.com/?r=t&q= ... 9&x=13&y=8
Looks like you can get the same sized stud for Price: $1.26?????

Save you a big chunk of change if they are the same bolt different package, not uncommon for Honda and other mfgs.

Let us know how it all works out.

Someone drill out your hubs to accept the bolts for the wheel spacers?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:02 am 

It rolls and steers. Finally off the table. Pics to follow. B's
Thanks for the links hose. I've Not ordered yet. Going to get some stuff from nitro (starter and ring) and trying to consolidate order for factory stuff like wheel studs ect. Could get better pricing elsewhere maybe but since this is a hillside ride going to order from Trevor and keep legacy alive. The black chrome frame with old school bead locks looks bad ass.

Ps. Wheel spacers were not for front same pattern as rear just not as wide as 4" spacers.

I do not think the hubs were drilled will see how oem studs fit. Shame will not make it to dunefest next week although I will be there with the stocker.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:27 am 

I'll be looking for you at dunefest. Be nice to ride with a fellow board member. I just have to get Randman up there! He has been an incredible help to me!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:57 pm 

And here are the photos.
Attachment:
photo (10).jpg
photo (10).jpg [ 118.54 KiB | Viewed 1154 times ]

Attachments:
photo (12).jpg
photo (12).jpg [ 90.45 KiB | Viewed 1154 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 pm 

Any ideas why the second photo is upright on my computer and upside down on my phone?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:38 pm 

My guess is the way you held the phone when taking the picture. ????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:51 pm 

Hi Millette, have you had some time to work on this?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: FL powered Superlite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:31 am 

Resurrected, I will need to keep it brief as this is the third attempt at posting an update in the last two days. A change to self employment (hint, it is truly a "motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))"cross related field, no fossil fuels required) has sapped every last free minute. I have made a little progress. motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and Trans, radiator, shifter, steering wheel are in. Here are a few photos to hold you all over until I can post more recent. Plumbing and wiring will be next up. I have sorted most of the extras and will be posting some of those for sale in the classifieds in the near future.

Attachments:
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG [ 145.52 KiB | Viewed 792 times ]
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG [ 140.61 KiB | Viewed 792 times ]
photo 3 copy.JPG
photo 3 copy.JPG [ 140.67 KiB | Viewed 792 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:13 pm 

Nice

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:12 pm 

Like Bullnerd was leading to a while back on this thread, the front shock angle just seems counter-intuitive to me. I don't like the angle, and don't like the upper shock mount and upper j-arm mount on the same plane. At an angle like that, the shock will have to work harder/hotter plus you will lose travel distance.

Shock should be at a 90-degree angle to the J-arm at full-bump. Look at every j-arm sandrail and buggy online and 99.9% of them have a front shock that is vertical or near-vertical.

Did you ever determine the amount of stroke those front shocks have?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:06 pm 

Very nice! I thought you were gone for good. Are you going to put a body back on it?

I may be interested in some power chair batteries in the neat future. You still deal in parts for those? Would it be better to find something that heavy locally?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:28 pm 

Missed a few questions it looks like. No I have not checked stroke of shocks will get that for info purposes. The body will be going back on. I made contact with original owner(s). As indicated it was raced by a father (mechanic and body work) and daughter (driver). The father did the Fiberglas bodies for the hillside frames. They are making a mold of body panels as the originals have been damaged over the years. Will be nice to have ability to make new panels as needed in future.

I may not contribute much but this will be one and only place that will get updates as progress occurs. It might take a while but you guys will get to see the completed unit.