Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:59 am 

Greetings, my name is Ian I'm in west california, 3mo ago I got an FL400 with unknown modifications. I plan to start a build thread here eventually and hope some experienced members will be able to guide me in getting this thing up to a reliable condition, and if not I will post my trials and errors with the help of various 2-stroke tuning handbooks and manual, plus the ghosts of pilotodyssey past, aka old threads... Currently not starting the beast due to running issues,
Cheers!

Attachments:
IMG_20210731_224335__01__01.jpg
IMG_20210731_224335__01__01.jpg [ 84.16 KiB | Viewed 11784 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:50 am 

Hello everyone. I bought an average-condition FL250 about a month ago. I haven't driven any kind of off-road powersports vehicles in 30 years but got the itch lately and kinda took a liking to these Hondas.

I knew the Engine was seized when I got it but wasn't sure why. When I got it apart I found it was wet and rusted inside. Rather than attempt to rebuild the 250, I bought a Duromax 713cc V-twin to re-power it and am just starting down that path now. I know this Engine will really change the character of this buggy, but I think it'll be good for the twisty, hilly, wooded area where I'll be driving it. I also like the idea of trying something off the beaten path so-to-speak.

I've never done anything like this before but I'm really looking forward to this project and learning new skills as I go.

Cheers! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:00 am 

Hello, Mark Pauley here new to forum, bought 1989 pilot few weeks ago and feel a little overwhelmed with info about leak test ect , not new to 2 strokes as i have had 3 lt500r quadracer in the past ,currently have just 1. My pilot runs good but 90psi compression on cheap gauge cold or hot,starts right up ,gard as hell to pull recoil starter, any basic tips on top end ,where to get plugs and stuff for leak down test, crank case seal replacement would be appreciated .

Attachments:
20220228_193327.jpg
20220228_193327.jpg [ 82.69 KiB | Viewed 10836 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:27 am 

Sounds like your gauge is suspect. Maybe borrow one from the local parts store? They usually lend tools for free as long as you leave a deposit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:55 pm 

Hello:

Call me "Sam". New here, though have been lurking for awhile.

Been around 3 wheelers for a long time (since late 1970's), and had a 1980 Odyssey for awhile in the mid 1980's. Didn't have the necessary wrench skills, fab skills, or money at the time to do it justice. Ended up breaking the chain and shattering the reduction case in the process. I traded it to a friend for a bunch of 3 wheeler parts, but ever since, I've felt as though I've had "unfinished business" with the old FL250's.

Fast forward a few decades. Somewhere along the way I'd managed to acquire a pair of ATC250R's, but found out in 2020 that my aging carcass just didn't have what it took anymore to ride them aggressively anymore. Ended up selling them, but didn't take long to realize my 2 stroke itch still needed to be scratched.

Wound up picking up a few basketcase FL250's with the intention of putting one fairly sound / clean one together out of the parts. But while searching for FL250 parts, I came across a deal on a 1989 Pilot that I couldn't bring myself to pass up. So I come here now as a FL250 & Pilot owner, plenty of searching to do, and a number of questions for you guys.

More to follow later...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:14 am 

brorsam wrote:
Hello:

Call me "Sam". New here, though have been lurking for awhile.

Been around 3 wheelers for a long time (since late 1970's), and had a 1980 Odyssey for awhile in the mid 1980's. Didn't have the necessary wrench skills, fab skills, or money at the time to do it justice. Ended up breaking the chain and shattering the reduction case in the process. I traded it to a friend for a bunch of 3 wheeler parts, but ever since, I've felt as though I've had "unfinished business" with the old FL250's.

Fast forward a few decades. Somewhere along the way I'd managed to acquire a pair of ATC250R's, but found out in 2020 that my aging carcass just didn't have what it took anymore to ride them aggressively anymore. Ended up selling them, but didn't take long to realize my 2 stroke itch still needed to be scratched.

Wound up picking up a few basketcase FL250's with the intention of putting one fairly sound / clean one together out of the parts. But while searching for FL250 parts, I came across a deal on a 1989 Pilot that I couldn't bring myself to pass up. So I come here now as a FL250 & Pilot owner, plenty of searching to do, and a number of questions for you guys.

More to follow later...

I started out on a Lime green ATC90 that was like new moved up to a 83 ATC250R then a FL400 Pilot added a 2010 RZR-S in 2010 its at 18,900 miles

Profile E-mail