Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mobtech_Photo FL350
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:48 pm 

My project FL350. Swiss Cheese.
Not sure what the guy was doing with the frame, but sections are missing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mobtech_Photo FL350
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:21 pm 

Started it for the first time this morning. Then promptly took the whole thing apart for chassis repairs and paint. Glad I was able to get it started on the 2nd pull. Too bad I broke the pull handle on the first pull.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAonLS67 ... cWXMSsIDSw

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:24 am 

That's the Vegas ody for 600. So what you get it for?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:03 am 

Assume he was going to change it from J arms to A arms?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:23 pm 

I was able to get it for a little under $500 and so far it has all the parts. Well, I did have to get a battery. He said it took a nasty hit on the right side bar, that would be below your thigh, but definitely removed a lot more that that. A-arms might have been in his plans. I am just glad it ran so easily. Oh and the electric start works, but I figured pull was a better option for the first start.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:23 pm 

Mobtech_Photo wrote:
I was able to get it for a little under $500 and so far it has all the parts. Well, I did have to get a battery. He said it took a nasty hit on the right side bar, that would be below your thigh, but definitely removed a lot more that that. A-arms might have been in his plans. I am just glad it ran so easily. Oh and the electric start works, but I figured pull was a better option for the first start.

Hopefully you have some good fab skills, what are your plans ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 pm 

I will be repairing the tubes to factory like configuration, by sleeving the tubes. Or maybe I will just build a custom a-arm kit. Who knows? haha

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 pm 

Very cool! Please keep us posted on the project.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:10 pm 

Decided to just pick up a new frame rather than repair the swiss cheese frame.
ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:42 am 

looks like fun! haha. You plan on having the frame powdercoated or anything while shes apart?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:05 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
looks like fun! haha. You plan on having the frame powdercoated or anything while shes apart?

Wish I had the funding for that. This is going to be a long process, hopefully will have it done when I graduate in the spring. If not, guess I will have summer before grad school. haha

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:22 am 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:36 am 

Hows your ody comming along? Will you make it out to dumont sand dunes this season?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:12 pm 

The project is coming along slowly, but surely. Working on getting the frame cleaned up and trying to do it the right way the first time. Wish I could make it to dumont, but not this year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:29 pm 

Frame prep and painting is going slow due to rain and the holiday season. Fixed the broken Engine mount and have the frame primed now. Christmas came early, used beard seat and simpson belts (gift to myself) as well as Arnette goggles (From my sister).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 am 

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 pm 

Update: Frame is painted and have waxed the frame. Prefer not to have to take it apart to paint it again anytime soon. Wish I could make it to some of the events, get-togethers, that members have been having lately. I keep telling myself that taking my time and doing it right the first time will pay off in the long run though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:45 am 

Mobtech_Photo wrote:
Update: Frame is painted and have waxed the frame. Prefer not to have to take it apart to paint it again anytime soon. Wish I could make it to some of the events, get-togethers, that members have been having lately. I keep telling myself that taking my time and doing it right the first time will pay off in the long run though.

It will be worth your wait! My 350 took me a long time to complete also. We budget a small amount every week in the toy fund so after the purchase of the buggy it went slow. Felt like forever. I bought a very very clean original frame but I truly regret not powder coating it when I had it apart. Every little chip in that original powder coat pisses me off. Didn't really have the cash and what I did have I wanted to spend on other things. Got excited about riding it so i put it together. Im a bit of a perfectionist. It really bothers me now. Once I have a nice pilot in my stable it will soon be coming apart. This was my first project of this level. Lots of little things that I know I can do better on. Got some other mods I'd also like to add and then make it all look like Honda sent it out that way. Just takes time. Take your time if you can. It'll be worth it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:35 am 

Fatcat wrote:
Mobtech_Photo wrote:

It will be worth your wait! My 350 took me a long time to complete also. We budget a small amount every week in the toy fund so after the purchase of the buggy it went slow. Felt like forever. I bought a very very clean original frame but I truly regret not powder coating it when I had it apart. Every little chip in that original powder coat pisses me off. Didn't really have the cash and what I did have I wanted to spend on other things. Got excited about riding it so i put it together. Im a bit of a perfectionist. It really bothers me now. Once I have a nice pilot in my stable it will soon be coming apart. This was my first project of this level. Lots of little things that I know I can do better on. Got some other mods I'd also like to add and then make it all look like Honda sent it out that way. Just takes time. Take your time if you can. It'll be worth it.

one u have a pilot u should come out to ca then i might have one as well

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:08 am 

B S wrote:
Fatcat wrote:
Mobtech_Photo wrote:

I intend to come see you guys for sure. I'd like to participate on the Socal stadium lite championship ASAP. Once I have a pair of nice buggy's we're gonna make a vacation out of it. I'd like to ride with Randman on the way through also. I'm up to 3 weeks vacation as of this year. With personal days and all I'll be up to close to a month available. Hopefully next year we'll be able to make it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:45 am 

Fatcat wrote:
B S wrote:
Fatcat wrote:
Mobtech_Photo wrote:

I intend to come see you guys for sure. I'd like to participate on the Socal stadium lite championship ASAP. Once I have a pair of nice buggy's we're gonna make a vacation out of it. I'd like to ride with Randman on the way through also. I'm up to 3 weeks vacation as of this year. With personal days and all I'll be up to close to a month available. Hopefully next year we'll be able to make it.

i need to meet up with Randman some time this year and u other guys

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:20 pm 

Fatcat,

Were you planning on doing the trip this year?

With the winter we're having up here it doesn't look like there's going to be any riding until around March or April at best. Snow on the ground and still pretty cold. I'm an old fart who refuses to ride when it drops below 40 degrees.

The Wife's Ody is running like a top however, the Engine is still out of my Ody and is still on the bench after re-doing both the bottom and top end. Engine is done, just too damn cold to work out in an unheated garage.

The other project that need finishing is re-doing Ridindirty's top end after the seizure at Dumont during the Halloween trip.

If you are going to make it out this way let me know and we'll go tear up Sand Mountain and the desert around here. Maybe get BS to come over the hill and get out of COMIFORNIA for some nice desert riding.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:41 am 

Randman wrote:
Fatcat,

Were you planning on doing the trip this year?

With the winter we're having up here it doesn't look like there's going to be any riding until around March or April at best. Snow on the ground and still pretty cold. I'm an old fart who refuses to ride when it drops below 40 degrees.

The Wife's Ody is running like a top however, the Engine is still out of my Ody and is still on the bench after re-doing both the bottom and top end. Engine is done, just too damn cold to work out in an unheated garage.

The other project that need finishing is re-doing Ridindirty's top end after the seizure at Dumont during the Halloween trip.

If you are going to make it out this way let me know and we'll go tear up Sand Mountain and the desert around here. Maybe get BS to come over the hill and get out of COMIFORNIA for some nice desert riding.

Rand

Not this year Randy. Next year I'd say. I seem to forget it's cold in your area. I don't like the cold either. I repulse it. I picture you guys out west as all sitting in the desert. My ignorance I guess. Those are the pictures I see. I'd say that's why I have that in my brain. I need to start traveling more. When the time comes it'll be easy to find you. I've got to go about 2 miles to merge onto I-80 and bring that all the way to Reno. Lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 am 

Randy? Who's Randy? LOL! :-)

My daughter's name is Randi so I have always gone by Rand.

Anyway, we're about 40 miles south from highway 80 by heading south down highway 395, right through Reno.

You are correct, we are in the desert but we are in the high desert shadowed by the Sierra Nevada mountain range. The average elevation in this area is around 4500 feet so it gets good and cold in the winter. All this week the morning low has been around 5 degrees F. Brrrrrrrrrr! Sacramento Ca is just on the other side of the hill (Sierra Nevada mountains) and it gets quite a bit of moisture. In the winter, it spills over the Sierra and we get snow! This morning's commute was fun filled with about 3 or 4 inches on the roadway.

Anyway, when you decide to come out this way, we can hit some of the trails here in Northern Nevada. We have a lot of BLM land which extends all the way to Utah. The Johnson lane area where we ride quite a bit, has trails which run all over the state of Nevada. I have 2 gas tanks on my Ody because my buddy Dave things 40 miles is a short ride!

We also have Sand Mountain Nevada which is a ton of fun. Its about 2 hours west of here out highway 50.

You and your crew are more than welcome to come out this way, when it warms up of course!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm 

Newest Acquisition: TRX450R Arms, spindles, steering links, and shocks. This project has taken on a new life. Hope I can get it done before I fill for bankruptcy. haha

Profile E-mail