Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:34 pm 

::-:
Hey guys, newbie here from the Houston area.

I just picked up a 85 FL350 frame and it will be a long term project for me, I've got a 74' T/A that's on the front burner right now.

I'm looking to put together a good "trail rig", not too many sand dunes down this way, unless you go to the beach and salt water makes for problems all on its own.

Ive done a little research and I think I'm leaning towards picking up a Polaris Predator and scavenging the 500 HO motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) out of it for the Odyssey. Not a huge fan of 2 strokes anyway, plus where I ride, the 4 stroke is a better option. Although all of this will change 20 times before I'm done I am sure.

So for now, I'll quietly observe and see what kind of ideas I can get from you guys!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:47 pm 

Welcome..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Welcome..

Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 pm 

Welcome. Another member here is doing a polaris conversion as well. Watch for his thread in the projects area. Might help you along during your build.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:00 am 

Welcome!
Im in Cypress just outside Houston
Former owner of fl350 now have a Pilot
Always looking for someone to go riding with
I do most of my riding at this place
http://downsouthoffroad.com/" ."..
Theres another place across the road from it I go to also,and a place out in Splendora
I also go to the beach every now n then,its legal there now if you buy the 10.00 parking sticker.Your not supposed to go over 10mph though :(,but when its not crowded that rule is broken)
This is from sunday,my wifes in the Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 am 

redskinman wrote:
Welcome!
Im in Cypress just outside Houston
Former owner of fl350 now have a Pilot
Always looking for someone to go riding with
I do most of my riding at this place
http://downsouthoffroad.com/" .".." .".." ."..
Theres another place across the road from it I go to also,and a place out in Splendora
I also go to the beach every now n then,its legal there now if you buy the 10.00 parking sticker.Your not supposed to go over 10mph though :(,but when its not crowded that rule is broken)
This is from sunday,my wifes in the Pilot

Very cool! I have a 1986 250SX trike myself, that is my current trail riding bike, the wife has a 2003 Rancher. We have been over to Down South once, and had a pretty good time. The last time we went back they wanted too much money to get in so we went to the "other place" across the road.
We live out in the country near Grangerland and have oil field trails all around where we live. The oil field guys don't mind as long as we aren't tearing things up, just throwing mud/dirt.
I've wanted to go down to Padre Island and do some riding/camping. Down where the roads stop and if your going any further its by ATV! I heard its a lot of fun, so its on the list.
Heres some shots of my trike and her Rancher

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 am 

Nice looking 250sx.You might have hit down south for an event weekend,if they have bands playing,usually a holiday weekend,they want 40 bucks to get in,I avoid those weekends.I work most saturdays so Im not going to pay 40 bucks to ride a couple hrs on a sunday.I have never heard of Grangerland,where is that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:03 am 

redskinman wrote:
.I have never heard of Grangerland,where is that?

Its on FM1485/3083 in between Porter and Conroe, in the sticks, and I like it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:13 am 

shoubadaba wrote:
Welcome. Another member here is doing a polaris conversion as well. Watch for his thread in the projects area. Might help you along during your build.

I cant seem to locate that project thread, I am very interested in seeing what all was involved. Found a Predator 500 on CL for $1100.00, so they are out there and not too expensive.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:28 pm 

TransAmMike wrote:
redskinman wrote:

Im guessing actual name of town is Granger,not Grangerland?
Theres a 350 on craigslist right now,looks to be watercooled,looks pretty good but its 3500 bucks
http://houston.craigslist.org/mcd/3751604100.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:56 pm 

redskinman wrote:
TransAmMike wrote:
redskinman wrote:

Im guessing actual name of town is Granger,not Grangerland?

No, its called Grangerland
redskinman wrote:
Theres a 350 on craigslist right now,looks to be watercooled,looks pretty good but its 3500 bucks

Yeah, I saw that one listed, wish I was in a position to make a play on that rig. But with a new house and car within the past 4 months, I'm just a po' boy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:53 pm 

LOL,yeah i found it on the satellite.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:12 am 

redskinman wrote:

Well, it wont be this weekend because of prior plans, but lets get together on a ride sometime! My neighbor down the street is heading to Down South this weekend with his Rancher and his son's Foreman.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:26 am 

TransAmMike wrote:
redskinman wrote:

Well, it wont be this weekend because of prior plans, but lets get together on a ride sometime! My neighbor down the street is heading to Down South this weekend with his Rancher and his son's Foreman.

Yeah I had plans to go camping this weekend but that fell thru also so Im probably going to head to Down South sat,I might just camp out there :-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:49 am 

redskinman wrote:
TransAmMike wrote:
redskinman wrote:

Yeah I had plans to go camping this weekend but that fell thru also so Im probably going to head to Down South sat,I might just camp out there :-)

How's the camping there? That place looks like it could get kinda crazy at night.....lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:14 pm 

TransAmMike wrote:
redskinman wrote:
TransAmMike wrote:
redskinman wrote:

How's the camping there? That place looks like it could get kinda crazy at night.....lol

I havent seen anything too crazy.It does not die down at night,lots of people night riding.Theres no hookups,so over the hum of the a/c and generator I usually don't hear anything going on outside.
Im sure it gets a lot crazier on the event weekends,I see the next one coming up gonna have jello wrestling and wet tshirt contest so Im sure that will be crowded and rowdy.Ive pulled up there before not knowing it was an event weekend and it was jampacked,probably 50 camping trailers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:43 pm 

So I pulled my camper and toys out to Down South sat,weatherman said there would be scattered thunderstorms,f ing weatherman suck!! I got in a couple hrs riding then the lightning and thunder came about 2:30 and it didnt stop.I ended up packing up and leaving at 5:30.I didnt come prepared,didnt bring enough clothes n stuff to get muddy.I hate getting the Pilot muddy,so that's what I have the Big Red for,but I still hate the thought of them sitting there overnight with the mud packed on them.Also I hate that we got that much rain out there cause I know the trucks and 4wheelers have put a lot more ruts everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:13 am 

We got the SX and her Rancher out for some trail riding this weekend. Honestly, its probably our first ride of any length this year, we have been so busy moving and getting things set up that our weekends have been kinda drab. It was very good therapy to get out and ride!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 pm 

WELCOME.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:11 pm 

TransAmMike wrote:
We got the SX and her Rancher out for some trail riding this weekend. Honestly, its probably our first ride of any length this year, we have been so busy moving and getting things set up that our weekends have been kinda drab. It was very good therapy to get out and ride!

So you still here? You havent posted any updates?