Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:47 am 

Recently purchased a fl400 with the intention on racing it.
I am a co-driver in a 7200 desert truck, dedicated to the long courses and will race the short courses in the Pilot.
Our race team: Chunk Racing.

Mine is fairly modified... as far as I know, still too much of a noob to know for sure.

I took it to Prairie City SVRA for my first ride and hammered the track there.
Ran a tank through it, caught some air, bent a rim, cracked the frame, called it a day lol

Frame is fixed and now I'm ready to go some more!
Hoping to connect with others to make a legit race class for the 2014 VORRA (Sacramento) and Lucas Regional races (Reno).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 pm 

Hi welcome to the site how did you crack your frame, where did you crack it, any pictures?

Do you happen to have a regular website other than farcebook I don't farcebook fact is I refuse to waste another second of my life clicking on that site :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:26 pm 

Where in Nor Cal are you?

We have 2 members that are in Nor Cal who are Pilot Owners (BS and I think Someguyfromcali) and a couple of us here in Northern Nevada who own Pilots and Ody who do it for recreation only.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:20 pm 

I'm all over Facebook, great for business!

Any ways I either bought it cracked or cracked it jumping, I did bottom out 4 times.
The reason I don't know if I bought it that way, it was dirty when I bought it.
The day after I had it out I detailed it and after removing all the dirt/oil mixture on the backside i discovered the crack.

hoser wrote:
Hi welcome to the site how did you crack your frame, where did you crack it, any pictures?

Do you happen to have a regular website other than farcebook I don't farcebook fact is I refuse to waste another second of my life clicking on that site :-)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:26 pm 

Sacramento.
I know a guy with a Revolt in the foothills above Sac.
Another in the bay area with a crosskart.

Would love to hook up for some rides, I need more seat time!

Randman wrote:

We have 2 members that are in Nor Cal who are Pilot Owners (BS and I think Someguyfromcali) and a couple of us here in Northern Nevada who own Pilots and Ody who do it for recreation only.

Rand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:02 pm 

rockalot wrote:

Any ways I either bought it cracked or cracked it jumping, I did bottom out 4 times.
The day after I had it out I detailed it and after removing all the dirt/oil mixture on the backside i discovered the crack.

hoser wrote:

Maybe you can enlighten me on farcebook I have spent about 5 hrs of my life many different times and many different sites trying to use it and figure it out, people give me a link to their farcebook page I go their and find abslutly no useful information, for example your farcebook page perhaps you can tell me what I am suppose to be seeing, the what looks like might be a really nice picture you put on the header of your page is BLOCKED WITH FARCEBOOK bullshit trying to FORGE ME to log into their farcebook community.

I have my own farcebook page used it all about 15 minutes cant figure out what use it would be, I just don't get it, I hate the layout completely its the old school web pages of the early 90's with FRAMES everybody hates frames that is why nobody uses FRAMES any more, farcebook is like it has invisible FRAMES to me.

FYI I use a computer with a 20" monitor when on the web so your going to have to view it the same way before trying to give any advice if your one of them cell phone homos that does it all on a cell phone don't waste our time because were not looking at the same thing.

Not trying to go off topic here and I can come back delete all this out but your the one tryingf to FORCE farcebook to someone that has no clue how to use it or what h eis suppose to be seeing.

I click on a picture and it loads up another page with a bigger picture that is LESS THAN 1/2 the screen the other half is WASTED with useless info trying to trick me into clicking on something I have no interest in and is NOT RELATED to the picture.

FYI you see on the news the other day that if your logged into farcebook on ANY COMPUTER cell phone smart phone tablet etc. then you open up a program like Microsoft office and start typing something or conducting personal business FACEBOOK.com can READ WHAT YOU TYPED that info is sent to them, now you understand why they FORCE YOU to log in all the time they are harvesting all your personal info.

I click on "photos" it loads up a page with a ton of small thumbnails as expected then I click on a thumb nail to see the bigger version and I get another slightly thumbnail, whats the point? So I click on 10 pictures and get bored want to get back to where I started I het the back button and it wants me to click back through all the pictures again to get back to the home page, at this point I leave your very annoying worthless web page its just not worth it fighting the facbook bullshit, like I said before they must be getting paid by how many times they can FORCE you to click on their site, all those clicks and FORCED extra time on the site makes farcebook billions because they have big numbers to show their advertisers hence the name FARCEbook.

Can you resize your pictures for use on websites I feel like I am looking at them with a laptop and 10" screen lol

I really doubt your frame cracked all in one day, looks like a goober repair in the second pic?
I don't recall ever seeing a Pilot frame crack in that area, you have more detail pictures ?

From what I can see in your pictures it has a ATV Racing long travel suspension? ATV Racing is notorious for setting up the spring rates on their Pilots all wrong unless your dropping the Pilot vertically from at least 10' in the air, if you follow most ATV Racing Pilots and watch the suspension they are only using about 1/3 to 1/2 the travel if they are not jumping 10' in the air.

We have discussed the ATV Racing suspension and their spring rates many times on this site here is one that might interest you.
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8686&view=previous

Dave-Co has pointed out the flaws in the ATV Racing setup you can view that info here
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=10621

Here is a link to Dave-Co's world. :-) guy seems pretty sharp on suspension stuff.
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewforum.php?f=60

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:42 pm 

Dam dude, I got you way worked up lol
Don't even know you, didn't even call you an old retro crouch but still you're going off, calling me a cell phone homo and shit.
Sorry, didn't know I was forcing you to do anything let alone... get a clue!

hoser wrote:
rockalot wrote:

hoser wrote:

Maybe you can enlighten me on farcebook I have spent about 5 hrs of my life many different times and many different sites trying to use it and figure it out, people give me a link to their farcebook page I go their and find abslutly no useful information, for example your farcebook page perhaps you can tell me what I am suppose to be seeing, the what looks like might be a really nice picture you put on the header of your page is BLOCKED WITH FARCEBOOK bullshit trying to FORGE ME to log into their farcebook community.

I have my own farcebook page used it all about 15 minutes cant figure out what use it would be, I just don't get it, I hate the layout completely its the old school web pages of the early 90's with FRAMES everybody hates frames that is why nobody uses FRAMES any more, farcebook is like it has invisible FRAMES to me.

FYI I use a computer with a 20" monitor when on the web so your going to have to view it the same way before trying to give any advice if your one of them cell phone homos that does it all on a cell phone don't waste our time because were not looking at the same thing.

Not trying to go off topic here and I can come back delete all this out but your the one tryingf to FORCE farcebook to someone that has no clue how to use it or what h eis suppose to be seeing.

I click on a picture and it loads up another page with a bigger picture that is LESS THAN 1/2 the screen the other half is WASTED with useless info trying to trick me into clicking on something I have no interest in and is NOT RELATED to the picture.

FYI you see on the news the other day that if your logged into farcebook on ANY COMPUTER cell phone smart phone tablet etc. then you open up a program like Microsoft office and start typing something or conducting personal business FACEBOOK.com can READ WHAT YOU TYPED that info is sent to them, now you understand why they FORCE YOU to log in all the time they are harvesting all your personal info.

I click on "photos" it loads up a page with a ton of small thumbnails as expected then I click on a thumb nail to see the bigger version and I get another slightly thumbnail, whats the point? So I click on 10 pictures and get bored want to get back to where I started I het the back button and it wants me to click back through all the pictures again to get back to the home page, at this point I leave your very annoying worthless web page its just not worth it fighting the facbook bullshit, like I said before they must be getting paid by how many times they can FORCE you to click on their site, all those clicks and FORCED extra time on the site makes farcebook billions because they have big numbers to show their advertisers hence the name FARCEbook.

Can you resize your pictures for use on websites I feel like I am looking at them with a laptop and 10" screen lol

I really doubt your frame cracked all in one day, looks like a goober repair in the second pic?
I don't recall ever seeing a Pilot frame crack in that area, you have more detail pictures ?

From what I can see in your pictures it has a ATV Racing long travel suspension? ATV Racing is notorious for setting up the spring rates on their Pilots all wrong unless your dropping the Pilot vertically from at least 10' in the air, if you follow most ATV Racing Pilots and watch the suspension they are only using about 1/3 to 1/2 the travel if they are not jumping 10' in the air.

We have discussed the ATV Racing suspension and their spring rates many times on this site here is one that might interest you.
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8686&view=previous

Dave-Co has pointed out the flaws in the ATV Racing setup you can view that info here
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=10621

Here is a link to Dave-Co's world. :-) guy seems pretty sharp on suspension stuff.
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewforum.php?f=60

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:52 pm 

So what your trying to say is you have no idea how to help people navigate your farcebook, don't feel bad your not the only one :-)

The least you can do is resize your pictures so they are web friendly you managed to make them super small for your farcebook page but super big here?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:00 pm 

I HATE PICTURES WITH ALL THE ADD BULLSHIT. that's NOT WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT. Keep the adds on facebook my friend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:06 pm 

Their we go I fixed the oversize picture problem I have turned on the size limit feature so you can no longer post links to over sized pictures it will now give you an error, first time in 10 years I had to turn this on.

You can resize your pictures then go back and edit your post and insert the links again, alternatively you can just attach the pictures to your post and it will automatically resize them for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 pm 

rmesser wrote:
I HATE PICTURES WITH ALL THE ADD BULLSHIT. that's NOT WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT. Keep the adds on facebook my friend.

Yes the FORCED advertising is a real annoyance and is seldom welcomed or liked anyplace in the world :shock:

Shame the site with the dash that is after your cash is not still running :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:24 pm 

Oh I do, but I know who and who not to waste my time on.

"web friendly"? I think you mean "pilotodyssey.com friendly" because I can post the same pics to Pirate4x4.com and not hear any whining.
Most people prefer clean and detailed photos, oh shit I guess I should be posting photos with my homo phone :-)

"you managed to make them super small for your farcebook page but super big here?"
you're wrong, I cut-n-pasted the links to those photos directly from my Facebook page.

So are the rules to this forum posted somewhere, I would hate to keep stepping on the delicate sensibilities of y'all

"web friendly" HA! whatever

hoser wrote:
So what your trying to say is you have no idea how to help people navigate your farcebook, don't feel bad your not the only one :-)

The least you can do is resize your pictures so they are web friendly you managed to make them super small for your farcebook page but super big here?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:21 pm 

Hey NickRNR remember what I said about the license plate, case closed!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:26 pm 

rockalot wrote:

"web friendly"? I think you mean "pilotodyssey.com friendly" because I can post the same pics to Pirate4x4.com and not hear any whining.
Most people prefer clean and detailed photos, oh shit I guess I should be posting photos with my homo phone :-)

"you managed to make them super small for your farcebook page but super big here?"
you're wrong, I cut-n-pasted the links to those photos directly from my Facebook page.

So are the rules to this forum posted somewhere, I would hate to keep stepping on the delicate sensibilities of y'all

hoser wrote:

Huge difference between someone notifying you your pictures are too big and just closing your post and never coming back, 99% of web users will just move on and never say anything don't take my word for this ask the web experts who do web development for a living, now your bitching at the messenger, ask the web development experts about that too whist your learning.

I think its obvious you came to my site to FORCE your lame advertisements on us and have no real need for this site other than use as a spring board for some business adventure trust me you came to the wrong site for that crapola.

If you have something that pertains to your Pilot please ask if not LEAVE and never come back!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:56 pm 

Your knowledge of web standards is outdated!

I didn't come to this site to pick a fight but the first thing you did was call me out on shit that is your personal preference.
A more professional approach would be to simply state your site's rules, rules that I do not see posted.

I'm sure we could have learned a lot from each other as I have been a web professional since '96 and still continue to work in various areas of the internet including the VERY LARGE social networking field.

If you don't like watermarked photos then you should include that in your rules, where are they again?
I have plenty to ask about Pilots as stated in my original post.

Advertise on your site, really? Once again if you had a better grasp on the modern internet you wouldn't say that.

So kick me off if you will, after all its your little kingdom but I didn't come to fight and I sure in the hell won't back down from one!

hoser wrote:
rockalot wrote:

hoser wrote:

Huge difference between someone notifying you your pictures are too big and just closing your post and never coming back, 99% of web users will just move on and never say anything don't take my word for this ask the web experts who do web development for a living, now your bitching at the messenger, ask the web development experts about that too whist your learning.

I think its obvious you came to my site to FORCE your lame advertisements on us and have no real need for this site other than use as a spring board for some business adventure trust me you came to the wrong site for that crapola.

If you have something that pertains to your Pilot please ask if not LEAVE and never come back!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:43 pm 

Their are NO RULES on this site that's why they are not posted any where, this site runs on common sense, well for us that has common sense, FYI this website was founded on NO RULES!

So you are a web guru but cant explain something simple like using farcebook to someone that is not up to today's web standards, your also not smart enough to resize your pictures before you post them I think you need to look up the definition of "professional", let me guess you also consider yourself a "technician" LMAO

I understand the web good enough I know whats annoying and what is not.

Browse this sites more than 35,000 pictures then come back and tell us how many assholes watermarked how many of those pictures with advertisements trying to FORCE advertising on others.... its a common sense thing or do you need someone to write out a list of rules and FORCE you to read and acknowledge them before you can post your pics?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:31 am 

Founded on no rules, got it, that's a good thing, freedom of speech and such.
So from here forth I shall abide by the common sense/non-rules of:
posting pictures smaller that what them commie bastards on Facebook allow,
no watermarking, no forced advertizements,
no linking to Facebook because you don't understand it,
do not assume anything of other members,
treat other members with respect, even when they are indifferent.
I'm not to smart but I think I got it? My dumb ass did make a couple up, hope that is okay?

Never ever said I was a webguru or a technician. I really don't care how you perceive me, not important.
I do explain Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, ect... to clients and my friends.

I'm sure all the 35,000 pictures didn't get posted w/o you ranting once in a while lol
Many other forums post their sizing rules in a sticky post, forums that are much more traveled than yours.

Can we hug now or are you still all bent out of shape over a link and a photo?

hoser wrote:
Their are NO RULES on this site that's why they are not posted any where, this site runs on common sense, well for us that has common sense, FYI this website was founded on NO RULES!

So you are a web guru but cant explain something simple like using farcebook to someone that is not up to today's web standards, your also not smart enough to resize your pictures before you post them I think you need to look up the definition of "professional", let me guess you also consider yourself a "technician" LMAO

Browse this sites more than 35,000 pictures then come back and tell us how many assholes watermarked how many of those pictures with advertisements trying to FORCE advertising on others.... its a common sense thing or do you need someone to write out a list of rules and FORCE you to read and acknowledge them before you can post your pics?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:58 pm 

hoser wrote:

Don't let the bad apples spoil the whole barrel. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:51 pm 

rockalot wrote:
Founded on no rules, got it, that's a good thing, freedom of speech and such.
So from here forth I shall abide by the common sense/non-rules of:
posting pictures smaller that what them commie bastards on Facebook allow,
no watermarking, no forced advertizements,
no linking to Facebook because you don't understand it,
do not assume anything of other members,
treat other members with respect, even when they are indifferent.
I'm not to smart but I think I got it? My dumb ass did make a couple up, hope that is okay?

Never ever said I was a webguru or a technician. I really don't care how you perceive me, not important.
I do explain Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, ect... to clients and my friends.

I'm sure all the 35,000 pictures didn't get posted w/o you ranting once in a while lol
Many other forums post their sizing rules in a sticky post, forums that are much more traveled than yours.

Can we hug now or are you still all bent out of shape over a link and a photo?

hoser wrote:

Wow your trying to make me out to be a prick and your now demonizing me say goodbye!

Plenty of other Pilot Odyssey websites for you tell them "hoser sent you" their is a whole bunch of you losers that just love me their :-)

I spent a good 10-15 minutes of my life compiling a reply to help you with your Pilot not even a thanks just a bunch of punk ass running of your mouth trying to demonize me, enjoy the darkside mutt!

Remember its your lack of common sense and respect for others that brought out the good side of me so as you go pouting on the darkside you might reflect on what got you the boot here. Thousands of other users has joined my site and maintained membership without any problems what so ever, think about that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:59 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
hoser wrote:

Apples in the land of fruits and nuts haha

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:28 am 

hoser wrote:
nickRNR wrote:
hoser wrote:

The world is full of 'em, not just Cali

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:23 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
hoser wrote:
nickRNR wrote:
hoser wrote:

The world is full of 'em, not just Cali

You got that right I just thought it was funny you made a reference to fruit so I could not resist lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:33 am 

Randman wrote:

Rand

Someguyfromcali= odyssey ;redding
B S = odyssey and pilot ;chico
jason702v=odyssey ;redding

Profile E-mail