Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:44 pm 

Well after dirt bikes since the mid 80's, and switching to quads in the 2000's, I finally told myself I need a cage around me.

With the prices of side by sides sky rocking....I started thinking Odyssey. So I looked all over the intra-web for about two months.
After a few "I just sold it", and a few "$4500, and it ran when I parked it"......this one fell in my lap.

Guy was asking $3,000, and I got him down to $2,400 with some extra parts.

I have wanted one of these since I saw one at Pismo back in 1986. Boy do I fell like a kid again!

Attachments:
IMG_2797.JPG
IMG_2797.JPG [ 82.86 KiB | Viewed 599 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:35 pm 

Looks good, how is the plastic?

WORKS shocks in the rear also?

More pics?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 pm 

All the plastic is great! No cracks, and still shiny.

It has a DG pipe, Comet Duster clutch, after market tank, disc brakes in the front with braided steel lines, and WORKS shocks on all four corners.

It also has a K&N filter, and I think the carb is not stock.(does anyone know what card this is?)

It fires right up and idles, and runs great on the street, and on dirt. In sand it does not hit the power band(bogs a bit) but I think the belt is worn(lot of slack when not running) I am trying to find out what is a good replacement belt with the Comet Duster clutch. Other that that, it is great!

I have the front fender off in the pictures just for cleaning.

If you want any other pictures, just let me know.

Attachments:
IMG_2808.JPG
IMG_2808.JPG [ 108.85 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]
IMG_2809.JPG
IMG_2809.JPG [ 107.32 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]
IMG_2810.JPG
IMG_2810.JPG [ 110.9 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]
IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_2811.JPG [ 49.2 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_2812.JPG [ 77.42 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]
IMG_2813.JPG
IMG_2813.JPG [ 93.19 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:32 pm 

Congrats Very nice looking Ody and with all the upgrades you got a really good deal on it. First thing I would do is replace the K&N and go back to a factory air box. The k&N's make great prefilters but let all kinds of dirt and sand through as a primary filter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:39 pm 

Here are a couple of ways to do a prefilter on a 350 Ody..
The first two pics are of my Side X Side Fl350..

Here is the prefilter set up on my Daughters Ody..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:49 am 

Sounds like my move to the Ody's also. After my third quad crash, I also figured it was time to put a roll cage around me.

The carb you are running is a Mikuni TM probably a 38mm which a popular carb conversion for the Ody.

Welcome to the site!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:57 am 

Thank you everyone for the info! Can't wait to get a new belt on in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:37 am 

Looks good I would say you got a deal.

My findings on the K&N filters viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5491

If this was my FL350 I would pull your whole intake and inspect for dirt, dust ingestion, also pull the reed cage so you can inspect the intake side of the piston for scuffing, you will also want to take a compression test, once I knew what I had at this point I would decide if I wanted to pull the whole top end for further inspection if I was going to pull the top end while I had the pipe off I would pressure test the Engine to ensure it didnt have any air leaks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:04 pm 

That is a great idea hoser, and rarerat.

I was about to get into a filter mod/check, and cleaning.....but then.....

I went to the DMV to get my Ody in my name, and new sticker. Everything went good.
Got home, and installed new sticker. Then I started pulling off all the old REG stickers, and found the ID number under an old sticker. You can imagine how pissed I was when I checked the DMV paperwork, and the numbers did not match :shock:

So I called the guy I bought it from, and he tells me that he had two, and already sold one. He is now contacting the guy he sold the first one to, and hopefully he has my paperwork.

So everything I want to do with my Ody is on hold tell I get this figured out. I told him if he cannot get me the paperwork, I will be giving it back to him, and I want my money back, plus the $156 I paid to the DMV.

I really hope I can get this figured out. I really don't want to take it back.

Oh well.....

Profile E-mail